Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

mailburner wrote: »
    been with the ufc 8+yrs and 22 fights

My mind is blown that he's been in the UFC that long

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

My mind is blown with the anti Rogan commentary chat. Hes a star in his own right now I suppose so its cool to bash him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Nal wrote: »

My mind is blown with the anti Rogan commentary chat. Hes a star in his own right now I suppose so its cool to bash him.

OH! HE'S HURT! HE'S HURT BAD!

Some people, believe it or not, aren't fans of brain dead, meathead bros who yelp nonsense during a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Some people, believe it or not, aren't fans of brain dead, meathead bros who yelp nonsense during a fight.

Agreed he can be annoying but when he's gone I think people will then begin to realise how good/important he actually is. Same happened with Goldie to a lesser extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

DrPhilG wrote: »
    One of the most unlikeable pricks on the roster.

i dont know why people dont like him. unbelievable fighter comes across well on social media and as a fox presenter. i enjoyed him on rogans podcast.

he does use the race card from time to time which is stupid but he is by far not the only fighter on the roster who say dumb ****e

personally hope he doesnt get beaten for a long time just so it pisses dana off:P

• Advertisement

jones and smith going back and forth on twitter both hinting that a fight is in the works. i get that smith is the next in line considering dc isnt likely to fight jones but i just dont see smith been much of a challenge for jones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dillashaw looking a a little rough, gonna be tough cut I reckon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOJz2jFMle/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

xtal191 wrote: »

Jayzis, he looks gaunt and still a fortnight to go. Really like TJ though, hope he makes the weight without destroying himself

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus, I wonder how much more he has to cut

qwabercd wrote: »

Agreed he can be annoying but when he's gone I think people will then begin to realise how good/important he actually is. Same happened with Goldie to a lesser extent.

I don't think Goldie has been missed at all to be honest with you. I still haven't got over him banging on about Rousey finding it hard due to being a rockstar at 183 and Rogan screaming over him that it had nothing to do with being a rockstar and "SHE'S GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

FFS. He's not going to make weight. I just hate the fact that this is a flyweight fight so much. Would have been so much better at 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Said it from day one he won't make weight, I didn't think he'd look this bad though. I worry for his health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Dillashaw looked fine in pics posted on Instagram yesterday. You can't say hes not gonna make weight 2 weeks out he hasn't cut anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

On another note who the f*ck can afford that stuff he's shilling? A vitamin test alone is 150 euro

Dillashaw looked fine in pics posted on Instagram yesterday. You can't say hes not gonna make weight 2 weeks out he hasn't cut anything yet.

You can heavily speculate on it based how shredded he is at 135. I can't see how you can strip another 10lbs off this frame. Then again I'm no expert

Check out @btsportufc’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/926438415922614273?s=09

dulux99 wrote: »

You can heavily speculate on it based how shredded he is at 135. I can't see how you can strip another 10lbs off this frame. Then again I'm no expert

Check out @btsportufc’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/926438415922614273?s=09

He'd have to lose some muscle mass obviously. Cardio, calorie deficits etc.

He'd have to lose some muscle mass obviously. Cardio, calorie deficits etc.

Of course, hes probably losing weight over the last few weeks, suppose he'd be hoping to lose 8 or 9 pounds. The jaunt face is usually from the water cut though isn't it? I think he makes the weight an starches Henry inside a round anyway. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

People worrying about him now are just projecting, he wouldn't have cut a millilitre of water yet. Odds are he rolled out of bed and just seems all over the place because he's still half asleep. He'll make weight easily imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

People worrying about him now are just projecting, he wouldn't have cut a millilitre of water yet. Odds are he rolled out of bed and just seems all over the place because he's still half asleep. He'll make weight easily imo.

Well that's why people (who i agree with) think that he will struggle big time to make weight as we know he isn't in the water cutting stage but still looks super gaunt two weeks away from the fight. I only saw the video (not heard) so didn't think he was all over he place. Looks like it will be a super hard cut. Like people have been saying he already makes a hard cut to make BW! Don't know what you are on about 'projecting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Dillashaw probably looks bad because he just finished his sparring for the rest of his camp. He will be fine

• Advertisement

Even if he makes weight we definitely won't be seeing the best version of TJ Dillashaw which is a shame as he's one of the top fighters in the game at the moment.

was just thinking who are the ufc fighters you are looking forward to seen this year and why?

mine are

ben askern because his style is very hard for anyone to fight and would love to see him become a massive star would like to see him fight colby or usman

tony Ferguson cause he is an animal and looked unbelievable in his last fight would love to see him and khabib im not really interested in the conor/khabib rematch just yet

Cody garbrant because i think he got to emotionally drawn into the tj fights and he has only lost to tj would love to see him vs moraes

rose namajunas nearly a year since she last fought would love to see her against karolina kowalkiewicz because lost lost via a split decision and i would like to see it ran back

i know the rankings wont allow some of those fights but i would love to see them.

lastly the diaz brothers verses anyone really just because they are the diaz brothers:P

Looking forward to seeing Cain back. A healthy Cain is a monster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Askren: hope he is super boring but keeps winning to stick it to dana

Barboza: cause I love his leg kicks

Gunni: although id prefer to see him fight at LW

Ryan Hall: just love how 1 dimensional he is but I think he could take out a lot of fighters

Just realised ive been following the sport for over 10 years now and I've never cared less about potential fights and especially about the champions and their potential opponents. Mainly because of the farcical nature of match ups these days.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Even if he makes weight we definitely won't be seeing the best version of TJ Dillashaw which is a shame as he's one of the top fighters in the game at the moment.

How can you say we definitely won't be seeing the best version of him, we haven't seen him at this weight yet. He could be as good or better than 135. If he keeps his power an speed it'll be over in seconds I think

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    jones and smith going back and forth on twitter both hinting that a fight is in the works. i get that smith is the next in line considering dc isnt likely to fight jones but i just dont see smith been much of a challenge for jones

Set to be the main event at UFC 235 on March 2nd

Set to be the main event at UFC 235 on March 2nd

Easiest title fight of Jones career.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,259 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Of course, hes probably losing weight over the last few weeks, suppose he'd be hoping to lose 8 or 9 pounds. The jaunt face is usually from the water cut though isn't it?.

Jaunt face is usually dehydration but can also just be down to be very skinny (look at anorexics, junkies, etc).
    In order for TJ to get within cutting distance of 125, he be getting skinny in camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Easiest title fight of Jones career.

Easier than Chael?

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Jaunt face is usually dehydration but can also just be down to be very skinny (look at anorexics, junkies, etc).
    In order for TJ to get within cutting distance of 125, he be getting skinny in camp.

Don't think he'd have to get that skinny. He says he makes 135 with absolute ease, so a tough cut he could prob knock off another few lbs. So really he only needs to shed a few pound of actual weight off before the cut?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement