Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Easiest title fight of Jones career.

couldnt be less interested in this fight. predict jones tko/ko first round or early in the second.

that lhw class has no one for jones. i see rockhold calling him out on twitter that could be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

I don't think Goldie has been missed at all to be honest with you. I still haven't got over him banging on about Rousey finding it hard due to being a rockstar at 183 and Rogan screaming over him that it had nothing to do with being a rockstar and "SHE'S GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACE"

When watching old fights now I can see why the UFC wanted rid of him. The example above happened a lot with Goldie, talked absolute nonsense

I wonder what his relationship with Rogan was like, afaik he hasn't been on his podcast and Rogan never seems to mention him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

pauldoo wrote: »
    When watching old fights now I can see why the UFC wanted rid of him. The example above happened a lot with Goldie, talked absolute nonsense

I wonder what his relationship with Rogan was like, afaik he hasn't been on his podcast and Rogan never seems to mention him

Seen a few pics on Rogans Instagram where he's met up with Goldberg and they seem close friends.

Goldberg was a melt tho, spouted nonsense as you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anthony Smith deserves the title fight. Lhw is a barren waste land.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jones vs Smlth - yawn.

Who actually cares about this fight? The state of the light heavyweight division FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

pauldoo wrote: »

He's definitely friends with him, he's mentioned a few times that they are close personal friends.

Paully D wrote: »
    Jones vs Smlth - yawn.

Who actually cares about this fight? The state of the light heavyweight division FFS.

It's not a blockbuster fight but it's encouraging that he genuinely wants to keep active. Smith is the only viable option in march so I'm all for it. It does show how thin LHW is though. Worst it's ever been, probably the worst division in the UFC at the moment. I'd prefer Jones vs Smith in march instead of Jones waiting til the summer for Cormier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Woodley v Usman the co-main at UFC235

Woodley v Usman the co-main at UFC235

Joke of a situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Great card, new ww champ imo but at least there's competition in the division should Usman fail
    Usman though won't exactly be much more popular than tw though.

Would love to Diego win that one, sick of Gall trying to handpick opponents

Santos made mincemeat of Smith, this is gonna be so easy for jj, no interest in watching this one tbh
    Santos will surely get a shot soon after.

We need to get rumble back to generate some excitement or it'll be like the mw div where there was no competition for Silva for years
    There's literally nobody in the division, even prospects right now, good luck to them trying to promote lhw fight for ppv purposes

Jeremy Stephens, what a warrior! Anyone, anytime, never refuses a fight
    Some craic if he won that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

will watch the **** out of that.

why is it usman and not colby? does dana think usman has a better chance of beating woodley over colby?

i think its an interesting fight but think woodley gets the job done. he has more experience he has beaten some way stronger fighters than usman did. usman has serious wrestling credentials but woodley trains with askren and has a black belt in bjj.

i think smith gets smashed by jones. santos is a harder fight for jones

i cant remember the last numbered card where i wasnt interested in the main event but jones still needs to get his licence and stay clean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Woodley smashed Usman & Colby imo. What do they have to beat him?

ASOT wrote: »
    Woodley smashed Usman & Colby imo. What do they have to best him?

not sure if cc is good enough but I think usman could outwork tw for a pts win

I'm not seeing a lot of holes in usman's game, just a matter of whether he take a few big shots for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Where is st.pierre these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

TJ's weight update from yesterday

oz4tun8waq821.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think TJ will struggle with the weight too much. At 227 TJ weighed 149.5 in the cage. He was only 7.5 pounds heavier than DJ who looked like he had an easy enough cut. He was also only 3 pounds heavier than Alex Perez who weighed in at 126. He'll need to have cut a bit of muscle alright but probably not a huge amount.

mailburner wrote: »
    not sure if cc is good enough but I think usman could outwork tw for a pts win

I'm not seeing a lot of holes in usman's game, just a matter of whether he take a few big shots for me.

usman is good but dont think he will be able to take woodleys power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

cliggg wrote: »
    TJ's weight update from yesterday

oz4tun8waq821.jpg

Even if true those pounds may be way harder to cut. Cutting each pound at a lower weight is a bigger percentage to lose of total weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/benfowlkesmma/status/1082048507047927808?s=21

There are pictures of the robber in the aftermath, in the article. Jesus, she did some job on him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Santos made mincemeat of Smith, this is gonna be so easy for jj, no interest in watching this one tbh
    Santos will surely get a shot soon after.

Not that it won't be easy but I'd hardly describe that as mincemeat Santos had a number of scares in the first round including being split open. The fact that the fight took place at Middleweight says it all about the LHW division.

Santos could probably win one more fight at lhw and get a shot at Jones yet is nowhere near a shot or probably would never have been in the mw div

Says it all really

The likes of Romero should have a crack at lhw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Where is st.pierre these days?
    Shilling some workout program going by what I keep seeing on Instagram.
    Looks very Boxercise/ Tai Bo ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wow 235 is absolutely stacked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

ricero wrote: »
    Wow 235 is absolutely stacked

We gonna rock down to Disappointment Avenue...

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    why is it usman and not colby? does dana think usman has a better chance of beating woodley over colby?
    https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1082339337885208576?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Santos could probably win one more fight at lhw and get a shot at Jones yet is nowhere near a shot or probably would never have been in the mw div

Says it all really

The likes of Romero should have a crack at lhw

It's easier to get a title shot alright, but the actual title fight has been much easier at MW lately. Rockhold/Bisping/Whittaker vs Jones/DC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement