Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,258 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Funny how Jon fails these drug tests when he is dehydrated while cutting, but passes them once he has rehydrated
    When your dehydrated your urine is concentrated. Which the levels of substance per ml increases. The levels in urine tests aren't reliable.

Fighters often increase results post fight. I'd guess that's down to dehydration.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Nah don't think so. He wasn't cutting when he failed 3 last year. Just thought its funny, BREAKING NEWS: Jones passed a test. I will be very suspicious if those pictograms don't show up again though. There for 2 years then suddenly vanish. Novitski said they will "pulse for up to 7 years" ..

I don't think he was cutting when he failed in December either.

Fight night was 29th and I think he failed a test around the 8, 9, or 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Brad Pickett is taking a bare Knuckle fight. Genuinely sad to see. Some of these guys really have nothing lined up for their post-MMA career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Cejudo looking ripped for the TJ fight

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsjWfd7gzc9/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Did you see TJ?

Unless he has fat toes im unsure where he can get down to 125!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

fitzparker wrote: »
    Did you see TJ?

Unless he has fat toes im unsure where he can get down to 125!

The same way everyone else does, cutting water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just booked Vegas for my 40th birthday.

First time going when there isn't a fight on. Although there's a Fight Night scheduled for May 18th with no venue yet. Vegas or the surrounding area would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ya TJ looks daily gaunt, you can really notice the muscle loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mark hunt is in Cork love to bump into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

rob316 wrote: »

whats he down there for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

rob316 wrote: »

He was in Belfast last night, he moves quickly for a big lad!

He was over in the Scottish highlands last week, if I remember right from his book his wife has Scottish ancestors and they visited there before on their honeymoon, this time they have the kids with them.

I was no more than 500 metres away when he took the photo outside Belfast city hall but I missed him, asked him to go for a pint with us on twitter but I really shoulda scoped out the nearby KFC's and Nando's...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,258 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

weemcd wrote: »
    He was in Belfast last night, he moves quickly for a big lad!

He was over in the Scottish highlands last week, if I remember right from his book his wife has Scottish ancestors and they visited there before on their honeymoon, this time they have the kids with them.

Somebody told me recently that he wife (or her family) was from Cork. I haven't read the book, snd might not be true, but would explain why he's in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Pettis v Wonderboy verbally agreed for Match 23 fight night event accorrding to Ariel.

RIP Pettis.

Pettis is a small LW him fighting at WW against Wonderboy is idiocy.

If it actually goes ahead he'll be wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

he'll probably outpoint pettis but I don't see him getting a finish myself

could even see pettis nicking a round or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I know MMA maths is a questionable science, but it's crazy to think a guy that finished the middleweight champion is fighting a guy that was finished by the featherweight champion.

Everything Pettis does well, Thomson does better whilst being bigger faster and stronger. No interest in this fight.

Till v Masvidal & Gunni v Edwards announced for the London card. It just got a hell of a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Two great additions there.

• Advertisement

Think Edwards will hurt Gunni tbh.

Think Edwards will hurt Gunni tbh.

He's come on leaps and bounds since that Usman loss, it'll be a cracking fight.

Looking forward to seeing his brother in Bellator also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    Till v Masvidal & Gunni v Edwards announced for the London card. It just got a hell of a lot better.

Oh yes!

great match up and a great test for till given he'll have to go five if he even beats masvidal, huge step up the ladder for jorge if he can pull it off and I hope he does myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bloody hell Till vs Masvidal might just tempt me over.

Fantastic. Delighted with that. I deserve a good event in London having has to suffer through a card main evented by Manuwa vs Cory Anderson.

Tickets will be wolfed up for this one. Will have to be on the ball.

Anyone else confirmed going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope Till wrecks Masvidal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really good main and co-main for London.

After all the rubbish events I’ve spent a fortune on over the years, of course I can’t make it to this one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Barboza v Gaethje supposedly bring organised for Nashville in March. Leg kicks galore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Barboza v Gaethje supposedly bring organised for Nashville in March. Leg kicks galore!
    It's on the Philadelphia card on March 30th, it's been agreed so there should be an official announcement very soon. I think the fight will go something like this.

CYvg.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement