Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I pray, for the sake of Gaethje's brain, this is the fight where he finally uses his wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I pray, for the sake of Gaethje's brain, this is the fight where he finally uses his wrestling.
    He's gonna attack Barbozas legs with his head I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He'll use his highly effective faceguard as always to block Barboza's kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I wonder how Dana will defend putting woman beating coke head Greg Hardy on the card at the presser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The Nal wrote: »
    I wonder how Dana will defend putting woman beating coke head Greg Hardy on the card at the presser.

Well he just bent over backwards for a coke head, steroid using man who knocked Down a pregnant woman an left the scene. I doubt he cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Well he just bent over backwards for a coke head, steroid using man who knocked Down a pregnant woman an left the scene. I doubt he cares.

next question...move on...poor journalism...

LOL at you thinking Dana actually gives a **** about anyone other than himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tazzimus wrote: »
    LOL at you thinking Dana actually gives a **** about anyone other than himself.

Course but he'll still be asked the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Did Till not announce that he was moving up to middle weight after that title loss? It doesn't make much sense for him to stick around at welterweight, especially given how bad the weight cut is for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Did Till not announce that he was moving up to middle weight after that title loss? It doesn't make much sense for him to stick around at welterweight, especially given how bad the weight cut is for him.

He was definitely flirting with it. I think at one point he said he was 70% going to middleweight but never commited to it. Masivdal is a small WW too so I expect Till to wreck him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

He has already dealt with being asked about it plenty i the various shows

dulux99 wrote: »
    He was definitely flirting with it. I think at one point he said he was 70% going to middleweight but never commited to it. Masivdal is a small WW too so I expect Till to wreck him.

He said on bispings podcast that the weight cut was so easy last time with proper nutritionest that hes sticking around 170 for another while. With Tyron planing on moving up later in the year could have changed his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Masivdal is a small WW too so I expect Till to wreck him.
    I think Masvidal could win this, I think height advantage is a little bit overrated in MMA. Gastelum is fighting for the Middleweight title and he's 5'9. Look at what Gaethje did to Vick or what Woodley did to Till even. Look at DC sure! I think Till will be aggressive from the start like he was against Cerrone but Masvidal for all the criticisms he gets is very tough and versatile. I think I'll throw a few quid on Jorge when I look at thew odds.

Autecher wrote: »
    I think Masvidal could win this, I think height advantage is a little bit overrated in MMA. Gastelum is fighting for the Middleweight title and he's 5'9. Look at what Gaethje did to Vick or what Woodley did to Till even. Look at DC sure! I think Till will be aggressive from the start like he was against Cerrone but Masvidal for all the criticisms he gets is very tough and versatile. I think I'll throw a few quid on Jorge when I look at thew odds.

I don't think height matters when your a high level wrestler, it could even be a bit of an advantage but these guys are gonna stand and bang. Distance means everything in a striking contest.

I don't think height matters when your a high level wrestler, it could even be a bit of an advantage but these guys are gonna stand and bang. Distance means everything in a striking contest.
    Sure but look at what Woodley did to Till, what Mark Hunt did to Stefan Struve, what DC did to Miocic, what Gaethje did to Vick or what Gastelum did to Bisping. Little to no wrestling in those fights and the smaller guy won by ko/tko (Woodley by submission which he got to via knockdown). It's not exclusive of course look at what Till did to Cerrone, he just pressured him with his size and finished him, but my point is it's only an advantage if the taller fighter is good enough to make it so.

Depends how good the smaller guy is at getting in the pocket.
    When you're in that close, being taller/lankier is more of a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cejudo is everything that's wrong with American sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Holy ****. He actually wears the gold medal around the place?

He lost his Olympic gold medal in a fire a few years ago so it's probably a replica or it's his Pan-Am Games medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Kurt Angle style.

TJ got to be wearing that coat because of how gaunt he must be. He looks TINY.

Dillashaw has lost weight even from his head. Christ. He'll surely make weight at this point but the question is what'll it have taken out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Some weight cut - even his glasses don't fit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Dafuq did Cejudo whip off the floor there?! Bizarre clip altogether.

Dillashaw has lost weight even from his head. Christ. He'll surely make weight at this point but the question is what'll it have taken out of him.

I thought that too actually. His head looks miniscule.

Dafuq did Cejudo whip off the floor there?! Bizarre clip altogether.

My reading was that it was a "snake" and that by battering it he was the snake killer, no?

If TJ is ok after the cut, I think he demolishes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

My reading was that it was a "snake" and that by bettering it he was the snake killer, no?

If TJ is ok after the cut, I think he demolishes him.

i read the same thing from that.

TBH i think tj is a fantastic fighter but a massive knob. i cant see it happening but i hope henry shocks everyone and knocks him out.

Did anyone else think dana was full of it when he said he had heard nothing of what colby was saying?

Massive TJ fan but this fight isn't exciting me at all. Would have been much better if it was DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This. I mean credit to Cejudo but him being the recently crowned champ actually takes away from this tie - if it was TJ vs. the most dominant champion in UFC history then you're more hyped for the event. This just feels like Henry is filling in - the gimmick with the snake was fúcking cringe. TJ looks gaunt but I reckon it's like McGregor going to 145 - he's cutting to his limits and it'll be a bitch for him but he should be fine.

• Advertisement

If/when TJ makes weight then it'll make Mighty Mouse look like a bit of a tit. The whole reason he kept refusing the career defining fight vs Dillashaw was he felt TJ wouldn't make the weight. TJ vs DJ would have been massive. Ah well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement