Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

DJ wanted the fight at 135, and he was right. He was the more dominant champion, it should have been him moving up, not TJ moving down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

God I hope TJ destroys Cejudo, ****er is so cringy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

TJ makes weight for play. Hopefully it didn't take to much out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

ASOT wrote: »
    TJ makes weight for play. Hopefully it didn't take to much out of him

Am I reading it right, 124.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Am I reading it right, 124.6?

Yep.

His legs looked like chopsticks.

Still don't agree with the decision to go down a eight class but fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Man doesn't look well in weight cut shocker

Cue Henry missing weight :D

His head looks tiny. Hopefully he rehydrates well.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Man doesn't look well in weight cut shocker

Cue Henry missing weight :D

Nobody is shocked. That doesn't mean it's not crazy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Dillshaw weighed in more than 1lb less than Paige Van Zant.

Dillshaw weighed in more than 1lb less than Paige Van Zant.

Those new tits of hers can't lose weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Henry in at 124.4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

New belt is ****

DxM5zGAVsAU_IH3.jpg:large

img_20190118_145202-jpg.507069

Seems like their way to save money rather than giving a new belt for every defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Seems like their way to save money rather than giving a new belt for every defence.

Haha , hilarious. Cheap f*ckers. I enjoy how they specifically addressed that in the promo release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surprised it doesn't spin like the wwe belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

So there'll be a tricolour on all UFC belts now? Seems fairly arbitrary but how bad!

I personally like the new belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Fair play to Dillashaw, i just saw his weigh in video on youtube.

For a guy that had to cut that amount weight, he looked remarkably well on the scales.

I like Cejudo, but that whole "dilla-snake" ****e grates me, and for that alone i hope Dillashaw rips him a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thing about the snake jibe is............ Dillashaw owned it a long time ago. He even created a logo. Calling him a snake just won't work!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Thing about the snake jibe is............ Dillashaw owned it a long time ago. He even created a logo. Calling him a snake just won't work!

Especially as he subsequently twice KOed the lad from the gym he supposedly betrayed.

Dillashaw long since put any sense of controversy over it to bed and fully vindicated his decision to leave TAM.

• Advertisement

TJ actually looked decent at the weigh in. For instance, McGregor @ 145 looked much worse than TJ @ 125.

zrob5dmzz6b21.jpg

Comparison of TJ @ 125 v 135. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

So if you are the champ and you lose your belt, for talk sake, lets say usman beats woodley. does usman get woodleys actual belt or does woodley keep it and they give a new one to usman?

are they replacing all the current champs ones?

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    So if you are the champ and you lose your belt, for talk sake, lets say usman beats woodley. does usman get woodleys actual belt or does woodley keep it and they give a new one to usman?

I'd assume they give Usman a new belt. They'd have to expect current champs to bring their current belt to every fight, which is never gonna happen.

What happens though if Woodley wins the belt back? Do they tell him to jog on and dig out his old belt?

tommyboy26 wrote: »

No. But if Woodley wins he doesn't get a new belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dulux99 wrote: »
    TJ actually looked decent at the weigh in. For instance, McGregor @ 145 looked much worse than TJ @ 125.

Comparison of TJ @ 125 v 135. Impressive.
    He looks worse than most junkies in Dublin city centre in this picture! I don't like weight cutting but how could you not have respect for someone putting himself through this to achieve something he wants?

xk4pgtpni8b21.jpg

Jesus TJ still looks awful in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Check out @honeybadgermma’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/honeybadgermma/status/1086644952854155264?s=09

Looks like theres been a row in the SBG camp

Check out @honeybadgermma’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/honeybadgermma/status/1086644952854155264?s=09

Delusional. Very apt description of some of those clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

His own list of opponents is no 'who's who' of the MMA world and his record is in no great shape either.

Does he think the likes of Dylan Logan, Kiefer Crosbie, Richie Smullen etc are handpicking their own opponents? Bellator give them zero say I'd imagine. I get his point but it's misplaced in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Wonderboy v Pettis official for Nashville March 23rd. Anthony will have lost a fight in the featherweight, lightweight and welterweight divisions in the last 3 years which will be an interesting statistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement