Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Wonderboy v Pettis official for Nashville March 23rd. Anthony will have lost a fight in the featherweight, lightweight and welterweight divisions in the last 3 years which will be an interesting statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Autecher wrote: »
    Wonderboy v Pettis official for Nashville March 23rd. Anthony will have lost a fight in the featherweight, lightweight and welterweight divisions in the last 3 years which will be an interesting statistic.
    I was hoping for a Tony Ferg v Pettis 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gamb!t wrote: »

The only fight Ferguson should have in front of him is Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

its the last fight i want to see tony in. he beat pettis fairly one sided with a second round stoppage dont think pettis needs another beating like that. he is going to get enough of a beating from wonderboy

tony Vs khabib is not only the fight tony deserves its the one that makes most sense

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Autecher wrote: »

Wonderboy is 1/9 to win, yet some people seem to be loving this fight and strangely think it’ll be competitive.

Another pointless fight between “names” in what has become the norm for the UFC at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Paully D wrote: »
    Wonderboy is 1/9 to win, yet some people seem to be loving this fight and strangely think it’ll be competitive.

Another pointless fight between “names” in what has become the norm for the UFC at this stage.

A Paully. ..did dana take your puppy or something? Be grand man sure cyborg was gonna spank nunes and sure last night was just a sparring session for TJ. be grand lad....let them bang..

Well if it helps cheer you up Gamb!t, Dana confirmed last night that Jessica Eye v Valentina Shevchenko is going to be the next women's Flyweight title fight. That fight is a guaranteed war point fighting 5 round decison. Every cloud truly does have a silver lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »

It's a terrible, terrible fight. The commentators said last night that apparently fans were crying out for the matchup. Me bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    its the last fight i want to see tony in. he beat pettis fairly one sided with a second round stoppage dont think pettis needs another beating like that. he is going to get enough of a beating from wonderboy

tony Vs khabib is not only the fight tony deserves its the one that makes most sense

I don't remember that fight being overly one sided. Pettis put in a more than decent shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't remember that fight being overly one sided. Pettis put in a more than decent shift.

Didnt Pettis drop Tony at one point?

Edit:
    Yup. Stats have a knockdown for Pettis in rd2

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Didnt Pettis drop Tony at one point?

Edit:
    Yup. Stats have a knockdown for Pettis in rd2

I remember an absolute bloodbath (lol it's Pettis) and a stoppage after an injury.

Think he had Tony's repaired knee looking a bit shaky as well.

Just seen Khabib is in Australia. He was teaching a seminar today. Cost the attend...$2,500 lololololol that's f'ing madness. The lunatics that paid that or 1hour.

i must rewatch that fight again
    Mellor wrote: »
    Just seen Khabib is in Australia. He was teaching a seminar today. Cost the attend...$2,500 lololololol that's f'ing madness. The lunatics that paid that or 1hour.

for a wrestling or mma seminar?

but surely the man who says it is not about the money isnt charging that much:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

i must rewatch that fight again

but surely the man who says it is not about the money isnt charging that much:rolleyes:

Or maybe it wasn't about the money until he spent time in Africa and then realised it's all about the money.

Hopefully he's putting the cash to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's a prizefighter, it was always about the money. That goes for everyone in the game

MMA I'd guess. Or wrestling for MMA. I don't he'd get away with charging that for pure wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok guys, you greb his ankle and you take him down and you smesh smesh smesh until bell. Do dis every round until you win. I telling you guys, iss easy. Ok gimme money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

come here...there are lads where who would pay 5000 for 10 minutes with mcgregor.

dashoonage wrote: »
    come here...there are lads where who would pay 5000 for 10 minutes with mcgregor.
    There probably are. And if he charged that for a seminar he'd be slated for it.

I feel like there has to be more to it tbh.

the noise when cowboy hits him with the kick.......dam

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/1087040073172946947

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »

How is Cejudo going to hit someone he can't see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Helwanis social media feed is embarrassing. How is this guy the worlds top mma journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Helwanis social media feed is embarrassing. How is this guy the worlds top mma journalist.

Gone off Helwani in the past year or so because of his bias and inflamed ego. I thought him revealing the Brock news was quite ****ty and was him filling his own ego.

Brett Okomoto for me is one of the top mma journalists and usually first for breaking news and announced fights.

ricero wrote: »
    Gone off Helwani in the past year or so because of his bias and inflamed ego. I thought him revealing the Brock news was quite ****ty and was him filling his own ego.

Brett Okomoto for me is one of the top mma journalists and usually first for breaking news and announced fights.

Spot on there with Okomoto. Helwani has no interest in mma in my opinion, he just wants to invent drama an love stories now.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ariel in person, he's a hero. He has done wonders for promotion the sport also so I find it hard not to like him, but id agree he's been off the last while. Especially since leaving mma fighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I thought him revealing the Brock news was quite ****ty and was him filling his own ego..

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here that's been repeated a few times. It's literally his ****ing job to break MMA news, boohoo he upset Dana by having good sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah Okamoto does get the scoops these days because he's Dana's current flavour of the month. Good spot to be in really for him, but he's a great journalist full stop. I do like Helwani too but he's infatuated with making things into WWE style stories.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah Okamoto does get the scoops these days because he's Dana's current flavour of the month. Good spot to be in really for him, but he's a great journalist full stop. I do like Helwani too but he's infatuated with making things into WWE style stories.

I do admire how calm helwani is when fighters get tick with him. Some great compilations on YouTube. Rashad particularly hated him.

• Advertisement

Spot on there with Okomoto. Helwani has no interest in mma in my opinion, he just wants to invent drama an love stories now.

Your opinion is complete and utter horse****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement