Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Your opinion is complete and utter horse****.

Show me a clip of his podcast where he actually talks about fights. I'll be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1087817372105351168

Potential for violence is strong with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Cracker. Fancy Gaethje in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Romero v Costa is headlining a Fight Night on April 27th in Miami. Romero is also on some parkour reality show at the moment and put some clips on his instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs6x6gmnV99/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs6zqyzH10f/

Cejudo after 1 title defense skips long time champ Tyron Woodley, and dominant double champ Amanda Nunes in the p4p rankings. I know that p4p is load of bollocks, love to know who and how they came up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cejudo after 1 title defense skips long time champ Tyron Woodley, and dominant double champ Amanda Nunes in the p4p rankings. I know that p4p is load of bollocks, love to know who and how they came up with that.

Recency bias

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Fair enough i think. Bit reductive just saying 1 title defense. He beat the guy in DJ whom many considered the greatest ever. Then beats another bigger champion who would be in top 5 p4p discussion. Having said that they are bull**** anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here that's been repeated a few times. It's literally his ****ing job to break MMA news, boohoo he upset Dana by having good sources.
    God damn journalists, how dare they do their job.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    God damn journalists, how dare they do their job.
    People get mad at Ariel for doing his job.
    Then the people get mad at Rogan for not doing Ariels job.
    People are tricky to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Anyone else see this tweet? It's unintentionally very funny and silly

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1087823544397021185?s=19

• Advertisement

Anyone else see this tweet? It's unintentionally very funny and silly

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1087823544397021185?s=19
    Why do you think it's funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Its surprising rousey only had 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It just seems funny that they compare her to Ronda. Seems a very low stat to be putting out there.Seems a bit desperate but maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Its surprising rousey only had 3

Strikeforce though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It just seems funny that they compare her to Ronda. Seems a very low stat to be putting out there.Seems a bit desperate but maybe it's just me.
    Yeah seems a desperate, like they just want some reason to get Rousey's name in there. Not to mention it's a bit annoying that they don't count her SF wins too, in the end Ronda had 9 out of 12 career wins by armbar, with 8 of them consecutive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I do admire how calm helwani is when fighters get tick with him. Some great compilations on YouTube. Rashad particularly hated him.

i like him. he aint afraid to ask tough questions. like when he had ali on the show
    dashoonage wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1087817372105351168

Potential for violence is strong with this one.

cant wait from that one.

Kron gracie makes his debut in the ufc on feb 17 im really looking forward to seen him in action

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ASOT wrote: »

apparently he got hit by a bead of jon jones's sweat which caused a pico pulse from some steroids he took for a bad chest infection when he was 4.

SARMs

Noticed he passed a month previous, then popped fightnight. I highly doubt he was stared taking it in the weeks leading up to the fight. So either they didn't test for it in the first test, there were traces in his fat stores, or it was a tainted supplement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,545 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/23/18195095/trace-amount-of-same-steroid-metabolite-found-in-jon-jones-ufc-232-vada-test-results
    Steroid metabolites have been found in Jon Jones’ system again.

He just can't catch a break...HA!

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »

Vada tested him that night so did usada. One clear one positive?

That pesky metabolite again. Jon's the real victim here. A sometimes traceable sometimes untraceable metabolite won't leave his body, the poor guy.

Vada tested him that night so did usada. One clear one positive?

His VADA test on the 28th was positive, but his USADA & CSAC tests on the 29th were negative.

His VADA test on the 28th was positive, but his USADA & CSAC tests on the 29th were negative.
    That's actually much more favourable for Jones than all being clear, or all being positive imo.

It proves theses tests aren't an absolute measurement and don't measure exactly what's in his body. That the long term metabolite can be undetectable or detectable in different piss samples taken close together.

They don't actually know what the detection limit is for the test. Rodchenov said 6+ months as an estimate, what if it its into the range of years.

Mellor wrote: »
    That's actually much more favourable for Jones than all being clear, or all being positive imo.

It proves theses tests aren't an absolute measurement and don't measure exactly what's in his body. That the long term metabolite can be undetectable or detectable in different piss samples taken close together.

They don't actually know what the detection limit is for the test. Rodchenov said 6+ months as an estimate, what if it its into the range of years.

Why only Jones though? Other people got caught and after the suspension passed all tests?

Why only Jones though? Other people got caught and after the suspension passed all tests?
    I'm talking about the fact that it was detectable/undetectable in two tests around the same time. Shows that you can pass/fail/pass over a small period due to hydration, testing accuracy or other randomness.

Whether it can linger for so long is another issue entirely.
    But what other people are you taking about, that passed tests after suspension?
    The only fighter I know of that also popped for turinabol in the past was Frank Mir. And he left the UFC (and USADA testing) after his ban.

The other famous case is the Russian olympic team who got caught in 2016 for using turinabol in 2008 (retrospective testing of old samples).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Mellor wrote: »

Isn't it the case that not all metabolites are tested for in every drugs test though? So VADA may have done the test looking for the metabolites of turinabol whereas the others may not have. That's my understanding of the thing anyway..

So is Jones the champ still? He had to pass 3 months of VADA testing before he could keep the belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Isn't it the case that not all metabolites are tested for in every drugs test though? So VADA may have done the test looking for the metabolites of turinabol whereas the others may not have. That's my understanding of the thing anyway..

Given everything that's happened, not testing a Jones sample for Turinabol would seem highly irresponsible.

• Advertisement

Isn't it the case that not all metabolites are tested for in every drugs test though?
    They can happen. There are a lot of doping tests, they don't run them all.
    But as point out, the t-bol test is a must in this case.
    The fact is, we don't have all the info. You'd need twice a week testing on jones for the last few months to be sure of anything

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement