Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ASOT wrote: »
    On a serious note that fines fairly mental.

Good. Can't be tolerating that ****e at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ricero wrote: »
    Ramadan ends June 4th. Won't be seeing Khabib until late August or September I reckon.

People need to stop thinking that Muslims can't train during Ramadan. They don't starve themselves, they just eat all their calories in a shorter period. They eat 2 absolutely massive meals between sun down and sun rise to compensate for fasting during the day.
    If you think Khabib or any serious athlete just stops training during Ramadan you're incredibly wrong. His 6 months are up in April. He could fight at UFC 236 on April 13th and again in July, easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

People need to stop thinking that Muslims can't train during Ramadan. They don't starve themselves, they just eat all their calories in a shorter period. They eat 2 absolutely massive meals between sun down and sun rise to compensate for fasting during the day.
    If you think Khabib or any serious athlete just stops training during Ramadan you're incredibly wrong. His 6 months are up in April. He could fight at UFC 236 on April 13th and again in July, easily.

As far as I know,they don't drink water either during day light so hardly ideal for a fight camp? Athletes can be exempt anyway, Muhammad Salah the footballer is a devoted Muslim but didn't partake in Ramadan, or at least not fully, during the Champions league final or world cup last year? Either way I don't see khabib fighting till summer anyway.

Think McGregor will fight Max in April or May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Helwani pushing the idea that Khabib will likely sit out as long as his team mates are banned. Interim title incoming if that's the case.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Khabib get his fine reduced, similar to McGregor when he got a big fine for the Diaz stuff. But the bans aren't a shock, most sensible people on here called similar time frames after it happened.

As far as I know,they don't drink water either during day light so hardly ideal for a fight camp? Athletes can be exempt anyway, Muhammad Salah the footballer is a devoted Muslim but didn't partake in Ramadan, or at least not fully, during the Champions league final or world cup last year? Either way I don't see khabib fighting till summer anyway.

Think McGregor will fight Max in April or May.

Just train at night. It's not rocket science he sets his own schedule.

• Advertisement

Just train at night. It's not rocket science he sets his own schedule.

OK.. Don't think well have to worry about it anyway can't see him fighting till late summer. Hes banned till June Ramadan is in may

OK.. Don't think well have to worry about it anyway can't see him fighting till late summer. Hes banned till June Ramadan is in may

If he does a bull**** PSA he's banned until April 7th.

Any word on Jon jones

Any word on Jon jones

Still going. Seems like the comission are being very detailed going from Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah one of the lads from the WADA lab in Salt Lake City giving evidence at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Doesn't matter if they make the Tony fight in April/May/June - that fight is never happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Max or Cowboy. We'll at least get a read of where McGregor's head is at. As for form...

Or, would the UFC be dumb/cynical enough to re-run Khabib/McGregor. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Max or Cowboy. We'll at least get a read of where McGregor's head is at.

If he has any sense it'll be cowboy, would love to see Max get a big payday even if cowboy needs it more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jones got his licence for this fight. Jon Jones to be tested once every 2 weeks until the end of 2019 and he'll have to go through a hearing like this for every fight he has until they are satisfied he is clean. All tests will be scrutinised by the Nevada commission no matter where he fights, even if it's in another country (which it won't be).

Autecher wrote: »
    Jones got his licence for this fight. Jon Jones to be tested once every 2 weeks until the end of 2019 and he'll have to go through a hearing like this for every fight he has until they are satisfied he is clean. All tests will be scrutinised by the Nevada commission no matter where he fights, even if it's in another country (which it won't be).

So currently they are not satisfied that hes clean but will allow him to fight anyway.

So currently they are not satisfied that hes clean but will allow him to fight anyway.
    Yeah but at least they didn't fine him half a million dollars. I'd say he's delighted about that. And he's gonna get himself a pee buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The goat has been released by the ufc. Wtf lads....

dashoonage wrote: »

About time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dashoonage wrote: »

He’s been asking for his release from the UFC for ages. He has plenty of relatively lucrative deals on the table from a few other promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He's gonna get bags of money thrown at him in the hopes it will bring Conor to their probiotics even just to attend. Fair play Artem, you were always up for a scrap, best of luck on the next chapter in the book of the goat.

• Advertisement

Strip the dope. I'd be joking if I said that UFC are gonna make Conor v Cowboy in cowboy stadium for the LW belt..... But UFC gonna UFC.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1090395554650210304?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would be disgusted If Conor was to get a shot again if Khabib is stripped or for an interim title.

Tony vs Holloway for lightweight title would be the way to go. Let Conor fight Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Khabib will be back with his tail between his legs. He’s not a big enough draw to be making demands.

If he is intent on messing, strip him and do Tony vs Dustin for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »
    Khabib will be back with his tail between his legs. He’s not a big enough draw to be making demands.

If he is intent on messing, strip him and do Tony vs Dustin for the title.

Agreed. It wasn't too long ago Ali was saying he was gonna leave the UFC altogether after this incident.

Ii wonder does Dustin know something we don't, is he get rumblings of what's being planned? I would make Dustin v Tony for the belt and Conor v Cowboy for the laugh.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ii wonder does Dustin know something we don't, is he get rumblings of what's being planned? I would make Dustin v Tony for the belt and Conor v Cowboy for the laugh.
    He said a week ago he had a meeting about his next fight soon so they must have offered him fights he doesn't want now. He wants fights against top 5 guys and better money so maybe they offer him Lee or Iaquinta? He is in theory in line for a number one contender fight or even a title fight so I hope going public in this way helps him to get what he wants. I like him as a fighter and he seems like a real nice guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Max or Cowboy. We'll at least get a read of where McGregor's head is at. As for form...

Or, would the UFC be dumb/cynical enough to re-run Khabib/McGregor. Probably.
    Why not,sure the only reason Mcgregor lost the first fight was that he wasnt the 2016 version of CM,had too much ring rust after not fighting for nearly 2 years, He was more focused on his take down defence instead of striking,too much drinking and partying took its toll leading up to the fight.Let him fight him again.

Bite please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Why not,sure the only reason Mcgregor lost the first fight was that he wasnt the 2016 version of CM,had too much ring rust after not fighting for nearly 2 years, He was more focused on his take down defence instead of striking,too much drinking and partying took its toll leading up to the fight.Let him fight him again.

Bite please.

The real question i want answered is would 2016 nugglet have beaten full camp mendez

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement