Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dashoonage wrote: »
    The real question i want answered is would 2016 nugglet have beaten full camp mendez

Mendes was on the juice. McGregor had a blown out knee. They both did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Strip the dope. I'd be joking if I said that UFC are gonna make Conor v Cowboy in cowboy stadium for the LW belt..... But UFC gonna UFC.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1090395554650210304?s=19

Copying the McGregor M.O.? Didn't he say similar when he got big fine after Diaz hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Autecher wrote: »
    Yeah but at least they didn't fine him half a million dollars. I'd say he's delighted about that. And he's gonna get himself a pee buddy!

He has to footbthe bill for the testing. I imagine that would add up over a year with constant testing.
    ricero wrote: »
    I would be disgusted If Conor was to get a shot again if Khabib is stripped or for an interim title.
    It would be stupid on Khabib's behalf to allow himself to be striped. But if that's the road he goes down. So be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

robwen wrote: »
    Copying the McGregor M.O.? Didn't he say similar when he got big fine after Diaz hearing

Yupp except Conor knew exactly what he was worth to Nevada where as they couldn't give a piss about Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Joe Duffy is fighting Marc Diakiese in London on March 16th at The O2.

That card is shaping up very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

weemcd wrote: »

Excellent card for a UK event. Great to watch it live at a normal time on a Sat evening rather than middle of night too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

He said a week ago he had a meeting about his next fight soon so they must have offered him fights he doesn't want now. He wants fights against top 5 guys and better money so maybe they offer him Lee or Iaquinta? He is in theory in line for a number one contender fight or even a title fight so I hope going public in this way helps him to get what he wants. I like him as a fighter and he seems like a real nice guy too.

It's really an awful division to be in. The champ, and the previous champ, in no mood to defend most of the time. Any other weight class he'd be a shoe in for a shot, but if Tony can't get a shot he's screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

weemcd wrote: »

What weight is that at? Duffy normally LW and Diakiese welter isn't he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Has this actually been confirmed by anyone reputable? Only thing I can see is Niall McGrath saying it's confirmed as per sources close to the organisation but they wish to remain anonymous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ush1 wrote: »
    What weight is that at? Duffy normally LW and Diakiese welter isn't he?
    It's at Lightweight, Diakiese has always fought at Lightweight. He is on a 3 fight losing streak too so if he loses this he will be cut, that motivation might make for a good fight!

Has this actually been confirmed by anyone reputable? Only thing I can see is Niall McGrath saying it's confirmed as per sources close to the organisation but they wish to remain anonymous

It's been confirmed by loads of people now just not officially by the UFC yet. It is on the card providing Joe can remain injury free (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Deceptively good card after totally sneaking up on me this weekend. Been a bit preoccupied with the six Nations and Superbowl previews to even realise it was this weekend.

Raphael Assunção vs. Marlon Moraes
    José Aldo vs. Renato Moicano
    Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
    Charles Oliveira vs. David Teymur
    Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet

Lots of interesting scraps there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ladd vs holm off the 235 card. no reason i could see online

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    ladd vs holm off the 235 card. no reason i could see online

Contract extension negotiations...

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1091207285634850816?s=19

It seems the real reason Holm was removed was because they are setting up a fight with Nunes in May at UFC 237 for the bantamweight belt. That's the same card as as as Rose v Andrade and they are working on Nina Ansaroff v Tatiana Suarez for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It seems the real reason Holm was removed was because they are setting up a fight with Nunes in May at UFC 237 for the bantamweight belt. That's the same card as as as Rose v Andrade and they are working on Nina Ansaroff v Tatiana Suarez for it too.

Meh. I'm sick of seeing Holm in title fights at this point. Good to see a 'champ champ' finally defending their lower weight classes title though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero interest in Holly in title fights.

Nice girl and all but she’s 2-4 since the Ronda fight with one of those wins against Bethe. She also went 0-3 during that run.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paully D wrote: »
    Zero interest in Holly in title fights.

Nice girl and all but she’s 2-4 since the Ronda fight with one of those wins against Bethe. She also went 0-3 during that run.

Meh.

She was robbed against de Randamie in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

I know Holly seems to lose the title fights but she provides a serious technical challenge to whoever she faces and seems to be close in all fights. She's got skills to pay the bills, but falls just short on the elite end of the scale. I always enjoy watching her fight tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I always found it weird how close her and Jon are, they seem like complete opposites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looks familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The Nal wrote: »
    Looks familiar

That’s crazy, feckin carbon copy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can't believe that other guy was a pro fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hes about 18 weight classes above that lad aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whoever let that for fight go ahead is a retard. There's no way they are within 15lbs of eachother. The small lad must have filled his pockets with coins to make weight.

I read the Conor clone's dad runs that particular promotion. If true, I'mnotsurprised.gif

Whatever about his look and fight style, his cage entrance and pre fight ritual being the exact same was very ****ing strange. The amount of practice to get those movements spot on...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nice tattoo Max...........

#OnlyGodCanJudgeMe

wtvtko.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

MrStuffins wrote: »

wtvtko.jpg

Can't read it, what does it say?

MrStuffins wrote: »