Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Mighty mouse going for a head kick against an 8 year old. Disgraceful stuff. What a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Lobov on the Helwani show spouting dilussional embarrassing stuff. UFC happy to release him for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lobov on the Helwani show spouting dilussional embarrassing stuff. UFC happy to release him for a reason.

Slightly related.....

Anyone else listening to Ariel less lately?

If yes is it because he’s moved from the MMA hour or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I barely listen to him anymore. I find his style has changed since he moved to ESPN.

He plays up the whole "Ariel & the Bad Guy thing a bit too much for me. Chael playing it up is fine, because that's his thing. Ariel's thing is being a journalist, not on half of a WWE style double act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

John_D80 wrote: »
    Slightly related.....

Anyone else listening to Ariel less lately?

If yes is it because he’s moved from the MMA hour or what?

I never listen to him anymore. I really used to enjoy him as host of the MMA Beat with Luke Thomas as a recurring guest. Now Thomas has taken over as host and he's not suited to it at all. Ariel was perfect as he'd introduce the topic and let the guests give their opinions. Thomas just wants to talk over everyone all the time and talk about PEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just catch up on segments I'm interested after the show. Can't watch MMA hour anymore as Luke is so ****ing annoying. I tried watching the MMA beat a couple of months back and he was literally telling the other guys to ssshhh and listen to his opinion, he's liking the spotlight a bit too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Dan Hardy and Marc Goddard have a new podcast out. Anyone got a link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »

The comments on that are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just catch up on segments I'm interested after the show. Can't watch MMA hour anymore as Luke is so ****ing annoying. I tried watching the MMA beat a couple of months back and he was literally telling the other guys to ssshhh and listen to his opinion, he's liking the spotlight a bit too much.

When Jones mugged Luke off at that press conference it was one of the few times I rooted for Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dan Hardy and Marc Goddard have a new podcast out. Anyone got a link ?

I've only watched the first few minutes but the sound is not great, I think Goddard is a quiet talker anyway which doesn't help.

Stipe Miocic said yesterday that DC owes him a rematch, this is DC's response. Daniel has at most 3 fights left, Lesnar & Jones will probably be 2 of them so Miocic could get one but he needs to get himself any fight and not sit and wait cos he isn't jumping the queue ahead of those lads.

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1092816074188320769
    https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1092874165483274240
    https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1092875146623311872

He's right. The first fight wasn't close. He doesn't deserve it. I can understand why it's haunting Stipe why he lost but he will probably have to get back in line as there are bigger fights for DC.

Literally nobody else is asking for this fight either. Not UFC, Dana, DC, fans.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Stipe only needs one win to be right back as the number one contender.

Jones Vs Stipe at heavyweight would be a good scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

If Cain beats Ngannou it has to be Stipe vs Cain

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Paully D wrote: »

A 7 year old tweet? Is there context behind this? They were on good terms at the presser last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »
    A 7 year old tweet? Is there context behind this? They were on good terms at the presser last week.
    After 7 years, Ben decided to reply
    c2egf70m6ve21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Mellor wrote: »
    After 7 years, Ben decided to reply
    c2egf70m6ve21.png

Ha, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He's right. The first fight wasn't close. He doesn't deserve it. I can understand why it's haunting Stipe why he lost but he will probably have to get back in line as there are bigger fights for DC.

Literally nobody else is asking for this fight either. Not UFC, Dana, DC, fans.....

Are you serious? i thought Stipe was completely controlling that fight up until the KO

Ridiculous statement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

akelly02 wrote: »
    Are you serious? i thought Stipe was completely controlling that fight up until the KO

Ridiculous statement
    I'd agree with this, Stipe was controlling that fight and got starched coming out of a clinch

Most dominant champ in UFC Heavyweight history and he's back of the line so somebody like Lesnar can come in from the shadows, no doubt juiced up to the gills for a big pay day for DC. Stipe doesn't sell fights so Dana doesn't give a shít about what he deserves but DC pushing the fact that he finished him in one round makes it out like he came up from LHW and absolutely anihilated Stipe which wasn't the case imo. Caught him, finished him, fair play but be honest about it - you don't want that fight because the rematch doesn't get you paid.

Khabib on his Vegas ban, he also thinks they will create an interim belt because he won't be fighting until nearer the end of the year.

“[The NSAC] said to take part in a social campaign, the state of Nevada is a place where they allow drugs, prostitution and gambling. “Let them work on themselves [and their own behavior]. There were fighters who didn’t fight for two years and didn’t have their belts taken for a year and a half. I’m ready to fight, they were the ones who banned me,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

xtal191 wrote: »
    If Cain beats Ngannou it has to be Stipe vs Cain

if cain beats ngannou let him and stipe fight for the vacant title when DC retires in march

Ridiculous statement
    D'Agger wrote: »
    I'd agree with this, Stipe was controlling that fight and got starched coming out of a clinch

Most dominant champ in UFC Heavyweight history and he's back of the line so somebody like Lesnar can come in from the shadows, no doubt juiced up to the gills for a big pay day for DC. Stipe doesn't sell fights so Dana doesn't give a shít about what he deserves but DC pushing the fact that he finished him in one round makes it out like he came up from LHW and absolutely anihilated Stipe which wasn't the case imo. Caught him, finished him, fair play but be honest about it - you don't want that fight because the rematch doesn't get you paid.

are the two of you sure your remembering the fight right?

i think they were both fairly matched till the KO

stipe/dc
    0-1 knockdowns
    29/31 total strikes
    24/25 significant strikes
    1/0 takedowns
    1:21/0:03 control time

there was over 3 minutes of neutral time

dc said he knew stipes habits and knew when he would be open to be knocked out. he planned it, trained it and carried it out.

That all been said does stipe deserve another shot, it wouldnt be the most shocking thing in the world if i heard the fight been announced but honestly as already said who is looking for that fight to happen except stipe?

the fact of the matter is DC won fair and square and moved on to lewis and is retiring soon so he wants to make big money fights, can you blame him with his record?

since stipe lost all he has done is bitch and moan and complain that he wants a rematch. when it was clear he wasnt getting he should of took a fight won and demanded a rematch then. they fought in early july nearly 7 months ago he has done nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Autecher wrote: »
    Khabib on his Vegas ban, he also thinks they will create an interim belt because he won't be fighting until nearer the end of the year.

“[The NSAC] said to take part in a social campaign, the state of Nevada is a place where they allow drugs, prostitution and gambling. “Let them work on themselves [and their own behavior]. There were fighters who didn’t fight for two years and didn’t have their belts taken for a year and a half. I’m ready to fight, they were the ones who banned me,”

The same fella who endorses a regime that throws gay people in prisons giving it the large one about what goes on in vegas is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    The same fella who endorses a regime that throws gay people in prisons giving it the large one about what goes on in vegas is hilarious.
    The fact he won't fight in Ramadan kinda removes the benefit of reducing his ban. The Islamic holier than thou message is silly None of those things are NSAC issues.

Ridiculous statement

Doesn't really matter. DC finished it in emphatic fashion. Game over!

If it was a close decision, fine! But if you get KO'd in the first round, don't be complaining about rematches. Get back in line!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter. DC finished it in emphatic fashion. Game over!

If it was a close decision, fine! But if you get KO'd in the first round, don't be complaining about rematches. Get back in line!
    The division is dead tbh - he should be front of the line still - Brock Lesnar, not interested in watching that, Cain? Who knows what he's going to bring to the table, Stipe is the logical choice for a good fight - personally I'm more interested in it now that DC has been rustling feathers a bit, I want Stipe to get the shot and fúck him up into retirement. A first round KO is emphatic for sure, but Stipe was carrying that division for the past while like the fireman he is. Give him a chance to redeem I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Looks like Bellator has struck a deal with Sky Sports.
    Next event looks to be in their schedule.

https://twitter.com/ScottCoker/status/1093636345795211266

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The UFC fecked up not getting that deal done first. I know people always spoke about the risk of Sky putting big events on Box Office but Eleven Sports were likely to do the same when they looked like getting the rights in that shambles of a deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement