Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »
    The Cain vs Ngannou fight this weekend is on Sunday night/Monday morning our time.

FFS.

Discovered this only last night. Sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just record it and watch it the next day, no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

The Cain vs Ngannou fight this weekend is on Sunday night/Monday morning our time.

FFS.

Balls. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cain we get. It'll probably be obvious from the result :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

xckjoo wrote: »
    Balls. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cain we get. It'll probably be obvious from the result :D

The venue is 1319 feet elevation, so not quite Sea Level Cain™.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't believe Cain is fighting this weekend. And I won't believe it til it happens.

Kevin fires back at "Conor the leper" impregnating ladies all over Ireland" :pac: and explains he had staph on his face but UFC and commission happy for him to fight

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/12/18221579/morning-report-kelvin-gastelum-fires-back-at-leper-conor-mcgregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Autecher wrote: »
    Early Prelims
    Renan Barao vs. Luke Sanders

I remember when Barao was a beast. Now he's facing the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Early Prelims
    Renan Barao vs. Luke Sanders

So it's Booty and the Beast?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DrPhilG wrote: »

This guy says hello!

Just record it and watch it the next day, no big deal.

It's the difference of watching it at my leisure on a Sunday vs either getting up and trying to cram it in before work or trying to avoid the result all day at work and watching when I get home

First world problems and all that but it is far more inconvenient.

TJ Dillashaw is now a ranked flyweight. Sure why not?

DzMv6WRU0AE1E0X.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

DzMv6WRU0AE1E0X.jpg:large

one loss and he is in the top 15. i dont know if that shows the state of the flyweight division or the stupidity of the rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's actually an accurate ranking tbf :pac:

Seriously guys in title fights seem to cling to their ranking no matter what,likes of Mcgregor won one fight at LW,Dominic Cruz hasn't fought over 2 years,Luke Rockhold,Big Gus all seem to be invulnerable when there rank is open to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wilson Reis was on a three fight skid beat someone outside the top 15 now hes 5th :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brendan Schaub with more nonsense this week saying Adasenya is better than Silva when Silva was in his prime. He's all over the Adasenya hype train it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ricero wrote: »
    Brendan Schaub with more nonsense this week saying Adasenya is better than Silva when Silva was in his prime. He's all over the Adasenya hype train it seems.

Yoel eats hype trains for breakfast.

FFS.

I like Adesanya but all 3 rounds with Silva were somewhat competitive. Silva is 43 for jaysus sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1095687859300900864?s=21

That’ll be good craic to be fair :pac:

Thats a class deal for him fair play. GOAT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He really is trying to be Rogan Junior, minus any sense of charm obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Great deal. Really like the fight too. Jason Knight is a beast and a wildman.

The fact that he can still sign for an MMA promotion too is great. Fair play Artem!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Even if that 6 figures is only 100k, that's still 33k a fight which isn't bad.

Even if that 6 figures is only 100k, that's still 33k a fight which isn't bad.

Yup...tag on some sponsership and throw in some mma fights and hes making a few bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A boy Artem, can't wait for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The narrator is a bit of a Muppet, but this is a good lil documentary about Zabits background and childhood. The same page has one about khabibs upbringing too. Interesting. Trained killers since kids.

https://youtu.be/Q0EwWAjIi20

Rumble signed with Bare Knuckle which gave me a mini heart attack thinking about the damage he would do, but it seems to be in a development role for the time being.

ASOT wrote: »
    Rumble signed with Bare Knuckle which gave me a mini heart attack thinking about the damage he would do, but it seems to be in a development role for the time being.
    Yeah he seemed to get mad about that! He was pissed someone started the rumour he was fighting for them.

This is funny, well done to the UFC twitter account

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1095807257604837376

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement