Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Autecher wrote: »
    This is funny, well done to the UFC twitter account

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1095807257604837376
    They fixed it!
    https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1096124813096022016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Helwani loves this "angle" . He wants Askern to act like stone cold Steve Austin in his fued with Vince McMahon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Looks like Robbie Lawler is fighting a giant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

It is ridiculous that the biggest promotion with one of the stars of the sport has to ask to get a head pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Holloway v Tony Ferguson for the interim lightweight title in April?

• Advertisement

hunter164 wrote: »
    I hope so but I think Max is just playing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

hunter164 wrote: »

Thats a dream matchup right there

Actually from looking at Poirier's twitter he seems to be hinting at him & Ferguson being on the 236 card so I think Max is just having some fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Saul Rogers finally got an American visa.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any further discussion regarding Fight Night and Cain vs Ngannou setup a thread and have it there. No one wants to be spoiled on the results here.

• Advertisement

Felder suffered a punctured lung last night seems to be fine though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Felder suffered a punctured lung last night seems to be fine though

Collapsed lung, different, doesn't involve bone poking through the lung, hurts lick **** but easily fixed.

Collapsed lung, different, doesn't involve bone poking through the lung, hurts lick **** but easily fixed.

I knew that. Don't know why I said puncture. How did he finish the fight with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I knew that. Don't know why I said puncture. How did he finish the fight with that

In a lot of pain I'd say. I had it happen after a heavy clash in a rugby match when I was a younglet, wasn't very nice, tears were unashamedly shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus no discussion about Big Frans win over Sea level Cain. Has to be a title shot or stipe rematch for Francis next.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,254 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus no discussion about Big Frans win over Sea level Cain. Has to be a title shot or stipe rematch for Francis next.

There was as no event thread with it being Monday. And no spoilers allowed here. I'm guess it's ok now.
    It's kinda a tricky one. When I watch it first, I thought he was clipped with an uppercut. When I seen him land in a W, I said "there goes his MCL".
    But now it's not clear if his blew because he fell, or if he fell because his knee blew.

Also Ice Cream Kron. Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mellor wrote: »
    There was as no event thread with it being Monday. And no spoilers allowed here. I'm guess it's ok now.
    It's kinda a tricky one. When I watch it first, I thought he was clipped with an uppercut. When I seen him land in a W, I said "there goes his MCL".
    But now it's not clear if his blew because he fell, or if he fell because his knee blew.

Also Ice Cream Kron. Delicious

Has there been any update on the knee? Ngannou showing real promise out there again. He's really turning things around after the Stipe/Lewis fight.

Would getting clipped not be the better outcome in terms of Cains career? All fighters can get clipped and lived to fight another day. Not many can keep fighting when their body struggles to last a full minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Cain is certainly very unlucky with injuries which is a shame as he was some fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Paully D wrote: »
    The Cain vs Ngannou fight this weekend is on Sunday night/Monday morning our time.

FFS.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    They needed to give Cain an extra day to get injured.

Looks like he took full advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If you go back and look at the open workout, right at the end Cain’s knee buckles, he shakes his head and immediately waves off the workout.

He definitely wasn’t right, but Ngannou certainly connected with the uppercut to finish him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah, he got clocked. You can see his head snap violently.

Also, given how much he screamed when the knee went out from under him, he seemed pretty mobile afterwards. A funny one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Cain wasn't out after the uppercut. He reached straight for his knee as he fell. He was going down anyway, but he might have been able to recover if the knee didn't pop.
    One of my favourites ever since he smashed Brock, it was tough to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I don't think it really matters if it was the knee or a knockout to anyone but Cains team. Ngannou finished what was in front of him pretty decisively and that's all you can ask in a fight. Looks like he's well over his yips now. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to HW going forward.

TBH I wasn't impressed with Cain for the ~20s of action we saw in the match. He didn't look to be implementing much of a gameplan. Hopefully he's fit to fight again and we get to see if he has more to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Serious amount of thumps in Bam Bam v Luque. Some fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Serious amount of thumps in Bam Bam v Luque. Some fight

Great fight alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39,254 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xckjoo wrote: »
    I don't think it really matters if it was the knee or a knockout to anyone but Cains team. Ngannou finished what was in front of him pretty decisively and that's all you can ask in a fight.
    If Cains knee went while he was standing the finished was nothing to do with Fran. Which is the argyenebt a side are making.

But I don't that's what happened. I think a shot blipped him for a second. His weight drop, and his knee either popped on the way down or when he landed.

He landed like a child with wonky legs.
    TBH I wasn't impressed with Cain for the ~20s of action we saw in the match. He didn't look to be implementing much of a gameplan. Hopefully he's fit to fight again and we get to see if he has more to offer.
    I got worried when he attempted a few head kicks tbh. Should have been spamming low singles.

Rumours of Adesanya vs Gastelum at 236 for an Interim title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

xtal191 wrote: »
    Rumours of Adesanya vs Gastelum at 236 for an Interim title

tis booked

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/02/israel-adesanya-vs-kelvin-gastelum-set-for-ufc-236-with-interim-title-at-stake

in fairness an interim is warranted here....but i dunno if style bender should be in there

Def don't think Adesanya deserves a shot yet, he might've possibly had one of the easiest runs to a UFC title shot I've ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

xtal191 wrote: »
    Def don't think Adesanya deserves a shot yet, he might've possibly had one of the easiest runs to a UFC title shot I've ever seen

Disagree really, Romero is coming off a loss and missed weight in his last fight. The only other option is Jacare, who Gastelum has fought and beat.

This is the fight to make. Adesanya is probably the most exciting propsect in the UFC at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement