Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Khabib might bring him back. McGregor would certainly do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/gamebredfighter/status/1098625808741076997?s=21

Fairly harmless obviously, but if you had to pick one high profile fighter to be DM’ing females on Instagram, Rockhold would be my first guess :pac:

“Yes baby” :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah, he basically said he's retired ... for the moment.

“I don’t know where I will be, mentally, the state of mind, in my life, in a few months,” St-Pierre said. “I don’t know. For me, it’s retirement now. I don’t want those other guys to call me out, because I’m out. If something happens and Dana calls me back with something interesting, we’ll see. Like a movie scenario, ‘Oh! He’s coming back!’ We’ll see, but right now I’m not thinking about it.”

Ah FFS. Thought GSP would be above this kinda stuff.

Either way, he goes down as 'goat' for me. Loved him as a fighter. Clean as a whistle.

The fights vs Penn, Condit, Alves and so on....great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gamebredfighter/status/1098625808741076997?s=21

Fairly harmless obviously, but if you had to pick one high profile fighter to be DM’ing females on Instagram, Rockhold would be my first guess :pac:

“Yes baby” :pac:

I want to see the missing part :pac:

He'd also be my first guess for a fighter to be creeping, followed by Akiyama.

Dern is preggers , defo gonna be moving up weight now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Christ, that Prague card tomorrow is atrocious. Only one shining light is Dodson vs Yan. Excited to see Yan again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dulux99 wrote: »
    Christ, that Prague card tomorrow is atrocious. Only one shining light is Dodson vs Yan. Excited to see Yan again.

blach santos should be a war

we'll know how good yan is tomorrow for sure, first big test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm looking forward to seeing both Yan and Santos. Two promising fighters in their divisions who are both very exciting to watch.

The lad who absolutely smashed up CB Dolloway in Moscow tested positive and is banned two years. As he was a last minute replacement he wasn't tested prior or on fight night. Was a terrible stoppage aswell.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/22/18236848/khalid-murtazaliev-who-stopped-c-b-dollaway-in-ufc-debut-suspended-two-years-for-steroids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Anyone watching Combat Jitz tonight?

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    blach santos should be a war

we'll know how good yan is tomorrow for sure, first big test.

Yan is a bad bad man. His elbows make me sore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Go home Dana, you're drunk.
    Absolute disgrace of a decision.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1099149298850099200?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,253 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Go home Dana, you're drunk.
    Absolute disgrace of a decision.
    Story currently going around is that Tony declined the fight.
    Tbh that's makes sense from his POV, as long as Tony still gets the shot at Khabib, I'm ok with the phoney belt.

Max v Dustin while the current champ is banned
    Tony v Khabib in the summer
    Unify the titles end of the year

Throw Conor v Cowbody in there and somewhere a heirachy at LW emerges

Mellor wrote: »
    Tbh that's makes sense from his POV, as long as Tony still gets the shot at Khabib, I'm ok with the phoney belt.

The layout as above will rule Conor out of a title shot till earliest December or next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pretty sure Khabib rumored not to be returning till November hence the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/AliAbdelaziz00/status/1099209535535775744

very bizarre. so he turned down max with the winner of that fight to challenge khabib for unified belt.

turning down that fight puts his chance of a title fight for at least a year or more?

seen a rumor that tony will fight al iaquinta. if that true why would he take that fight and not max

Meh, at the end of the day, **** the belts, what I want to see are good fights. While if have preferred Holloway-Ferguson, Holloway-Poirier is still an absolutely excellent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Mellor wrote: »

Or the UFC might not see it that way if he declined and they give the interim winner a fight against Khabbib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ferguson is some gob****e if true.

Unless he's fighting McGregor next it's a very stupid move by him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Expect McGregor to the winner of that before khabib comes back. Easiest route to the belt/rematch with khabib in November

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

UFC still persisting with interim belts. What a load of shíte.

Poirier really deserves a shot IMO. I’m delighted for him. Since the Conor fight he’s been on a terrific run spanning 4 and a half years now with only one blip against Johnson.

Seems like a top man too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The Nal wrote: »
    UFC still persisting with interim belts. What a load of shíte.

Well then you really should not watch Ufc 236 as there is two Ufc interim title fights lol

Expect McGregor to the winner of that before khabib comes back. Easiest route to the belt/rematch with khabib in November

If Khabib doesn’t want to fight until November they’ll strip him IMO. He’s in no way big enough of a draw to make demands or dictate things to the UFC, and they’ll want him fighting in July.

If an opportunity comes up for Conor to fight the winner of that for the title, they’ll kick Khabib to the curb in a heartbeat IMO.

Alternatively, they could be hoping for Conor vs Khabib at MSG this year after all the flack they got for such a rubbish card there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Some mess this lw division is since McGregor won it. Already log jammed with contenders so UFC bright idea is for Holloway the fw champ to be thrown into the mix.

I'm with Ferguson he shouldn't have to fight another interim fight he has more than deserved his shot against khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm convinced they'll have Conor fight the winner at Fight Week

• Registered Users Posts: 39,253 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    Some mess this lw division is since McGregor won it. Already log jammed with contenders so UFC bright idea is for Holloway the fw champ to be thrown into the mix.

I'm with Ferguson he shouldn't have to fight another interim fight he has more than deserved his shot against khabib.

2 contenders is hardly log jammed. That's all there is.
    Tony shouldn't have to fight another fight. But Khabib is currently banned and not interested in shaving time off. A fighter being banned for a significant time will almost always result in an interim.

Don't understand how anyone has a problem with Max coming straight up and getting right in the mix at the top end. Absolutely no difference to when McGregor got his 155 title shot having done the same thing at 145.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Absolutely no difference to when McGregor got his 155 title shot having done the same thing at 145.

Conor didn't defend the belt though :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement