Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Don't understand how anyone has a problem with Max coming straight up and getting right in the mix at the top end. Absolutely no difference to when McGregor got his 155 title shot having done the same thing at 145.

Some people just love a moan.

It's a great fight lads. It's gonna be lots of fun the the interim belt means the winner is next for the Champ! What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The outrage over interims amuses me.

As said above, who cares, Max v Dustin is a class fight.
    That’s all that matters to me, can’t wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've no problem with it either. I just wish it was Max vs Ferguson. That's a dream match up.

Cracker here between Yan and Dodson.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Cracker here between Yan and Dodson.

Yan is so vicious!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yan is so vicious!

Just insanely vicious. He punches standing up the way Khabib punches on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yan is so vicious!

Non stop moving forward its brilliant! You can tell its war everytime with him!

Dodson just seemed to be looking for an excuse any chance he got. Think Yan had him rattled almost straight away guess he was assuming he'd get a little more respect!

Constant pressure, walking his opponents down, cutting off the cage....... he's going to be a nightmare for a lot of the top guys!

Constant pressure, walking his opponents down, cutting off the cage....... he's going to be a nightmare for a lot of the top guys!

Yeah no one is going to enjoy facing that.

• Advertisement

Dodson with his hand up like there was a chance :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Very impressive performance from Yan

Wow the noise!

Bang what a body shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Must’ve caught him in the liver, it wasn’t the first good body shot he landed either. Absolutely savage finish.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Must’ve caught him in the liver, it wasn’t the first good body shot he landed either. Absolutely savage finish.

The look on his face just after it landed you could tell that hurt like hell.

Cant believe this de Lima chap got down to 205 that can't have been fun he looks huge!

gg struve if that is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,253 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The layout as above will rule Conor out of a title shot till earliest December or next year.

That's fine. I'm perfectly ok with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Can Conor win a fight or two before proceeding start talking about title shots or rematches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor will never be a world champion again imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

ricero wrote: »
    McGregor will never be a world champion again imo

I highky dislike Conor but I can't see what the UFC or more so Dana is doing. Khabib wants to sit out till Thugaev or however he spells it is back, Dana won't allow that will strip him Conor will meet interim champ after max and Dustin fight and if he wins he wins belt. World champion before years out.

I highky dislike Conor but I can't see what the UFC or more so Dana is doing. Khabib wants to sit out till Thugaev or however he spells it is back, Dana won't allow that will strip him Conor will meet interim champ after max and Dustin fight and if he wins he wins belt. World champion before years out.

They won't strip Khabib. He'll fight next November against whoever they fancy but he'll just maul them too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

They won't strip Khabib. He'll fight next November against whoever they fancy but he'll just maul them too.

Dana has said he won't allow khabib sit with the title till November.

Dana has said he won't allow khabib sit with the title till November.

No he hasn't. He said if Khabib doesn't fight untill November they'll have an interim title fight. Which they are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »
    Well then you really should not watch Ufc 236 as there is two Ufc interim title fights lol

I've no issue with the theory of it but they should just call it #1 contender. Having an interim belt devalues the real belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

The Nal wrote: »
    I've no issue with the theory of it but they should just call it #1 contender. Having an interim belt devalues the real belt.

could not agree more with this. scrap the interim belt call it #1 contender spot. you hold the place until champ is ready to fight. when champ is ready to go, you get offered the fight, you refuse you lose your spot and have to fight your way back

Problem with that is the interim title doesn't even guarantee a title shot anymore. Ferguson won an interim title, as did Covington. It really means feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,253 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    Problem with that is the interim title doesn't even guarantee a title shot anymore. Ferguson won an interim title, as did Covington. It really means feck all.

Both were given the title shot. Colby turned it down.
    Ferguson's was booked, and he got injured. That fight is cursed. They should have rebooked it fir October imo.

I feel bad for Tony given all the times the Khabib fight fell through. But it's hard to have sympathy for this situation. Khabib is disqualified. He was offered the interim, he said no. He can't complain if he gets passed over for the winner of Max/Dustin in a few months.
    He's taking a gamble. Hopefully it pays off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement