Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mellor wrote: »
    Both were given the title shot. Colby turned it down.
    Ferguson's was booked, and he got injured. That fight is cursed. They should have rebooked it fir October imo.

I feel bad for Tony given all the times the Khabib fight fell through. But it's hard to have sympathy for this situation. Khabib is disqualified. He was offered the interim, he said no. He can't complain if he gets passed over for the winner of Max/Dustin in a few months.
    He's taking a gamble. Hopefully it pays off.

I don't know how to feel for Tony because he's taken a massive gamble given the competition in the division, all of whom sell themselves far, far better than he does. I'm getting deja vu here because I'm sure I've said that before....anyway...the fight gets announced and I'm more happy for Dustin than sad for Tony, maybe it's the injury and he's been out for a while but Dustin deserves a shot given the streak he's been on. Realistically it should be against Tony but he's not playing ball so fúckit, the show goes on, with or without the no.1 contender in most of our eyes.

I'd say I'm surprised to see Max come up but it's win win for him with the chance to beat a guy who beat him early on, say he's in the champ champ club then challenge McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D'Agger wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel for Tony because he's taken a massive gamble given the competition in the division, all of whom sell themselves far, far better than he does.

It's a gamble to take a fight. It's a gamble to sit out.
    There's really no smart decision for Tony. In a weird way, he's hurt most by the post 229 brawl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It's a gamble to take a fight. It's a gamble to sit out.
    There's really no smart decision for Tony. In a weird way, he's hurt most by the post 229 brawl

I dunno now, poor Drake seemed very annoyed at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mark Hunt would be a decent shout I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Vitor Belfort is one as Dave said, he was pictured at One headquarters last week. And Mark Hunt must be a shooey in for them too as ASOT said.

Dz7pFxSU8AAGVFJ.jpg:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Autecher wrote: »
    It's Vitor Belfort as Dave said, he was pictured at One headquarters last week.

Dz7pFxSU8AAGVFJ.jpg:large

Well past it. Not really much of a capture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just seeing this now but it wouldn't surprise me if the secret guests making a special announcement are Mackenzie Dern & her fella talking about the pregnancy! A bit of click-bait to get people watching as the rumour is ESPN execs are not happy with Ariel's viewer ratings.

Well past it. Not really much of a capture

He'll be back on the juice spinning back kicking people into next week, still a big draw aswell to be fair.

ASOT wrote: »
    He'll be back on the juice spinning back kicking people into next week, still a big draw aswell to be fair.

Big draw to ONE mate not in the UFC doesn't interest me in the slightest. Definitely back on the juice he will bring some excitement to ONE which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

7 month suspension for Danis (ends May 6th) and a $7,500 fine for his role in the 229 shenanigans.

Are we gonna see Kron and Ryan Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are we gonna see Kron and Ryan Hall?
    I really hope so. Dream match up for jiu jitsu fans.
    Even people who hate Ryan's style can get be hyped to see Kron potentially shut it down.

I really hope so. Dream match up for jiu jitsu fans.
    Even people who hate Ryan's style can get be hyped to see Kron potentially shut it down.

Big time, I was thinking Krons defence to the Imanari roll-Heel hook-Submit. Which is how Ryan's MMA fights tend to go. Krons defence would be strong so would literally be like a chess game to watch.n

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Id like to keep them apart and they both go through a bunch of fighters. More fun that way.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Id like to keep them apart and they both go through a bunch of fighters. More fun that way.

Why though. Watching those stylistically would be a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Why though. Watching those stylistically would be a treat

Ah true. I would like to watch them both with anyone tbh. I just love the fear in their opponents when they try to get them down.

Like someone said they may just nullify each other

Beersmith wrote: »
    Ah true. I would like to watch them both with anyone tbh. I just love the fear in their opponents when they try to get them down.

Like someone said they may just nullify each other

They don't won't be nullified. Ryans shooting is quick and dangerous it will wholly depend on the engagement where his success lies. If you look at the BJ fight, Ryan threw 3 4 low kicks then bang like lightening into an Imanari and BJ reacted wrong by trying to roll the wrong way and nearly wrecked himself.

Anyone ever used the sauna method to strip the last few bits before a weight in. If anyone has can you list best way to shift the pounds with a day before weigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone ever used the sauna method to strip the last few bits before a weight in. If anyone has can you list best way to shift the pounds with a day before weigh.

You've got to water load from a week out, then dehydrate 24 hours before weigh in, eat minimal food and use saunas and hot baths to sweat it out.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    You've got to water load from a week out, then dehydrate 24 hours before weigh in, eat minimal food and use saunas and hot baths to sweat it out.

I have water loaded for 4 days, cut sodium out. 4-5 lbs off 39 hours out. I was told 1hr
    15 mins Sit it out under shower for 5
    Back in and repeat adding a minute to sit out each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Didn't have BT since August last year I was watching at mates or acquiring after. Since there is a good run of cards coming up rang up Eir and got connection waived, first month half price and min 2 month term. Not too bad.

<Snip>

Mod: MMA chat only folks...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Posts deleted for you ASOT..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jones' picograms are back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Those pesky picograms! So, anyone dropping some money on Smith for the upset?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Those pesky picograms! So, anyone dropping some money on Smith for the upset?

He'll be done in 1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not strictly MMA related, but please tell me you’ve seen the Rogan/Bravo/Alex Jones podcast.

Good fúcking Christ :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Not strictly MMA related, but please tell me you’ve seen the Rogan/Bravo/Alex Jones podcast.

Good fúcking Christ :pac:

The best part is when Joe wants to use the toilet, absolute Carnage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement