Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    The best part is when Joe wants to use the toilet, absolute Carnage.

https://twitter.com/j8don/status/1100884772941778944?s=21

:pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Paully D wrote: »

Just seen it that's chaotic hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jones' picograms are back.
    At this point it's better for him that they are hanging around.
    There's gonna be a point where detection gets so good that traces are found for years.
    Not strictly MMA related, but please tell me you’ve seen the Rogan/Bravo/Alex Jones podcast.

Good fúcking Christ :pac:

I've heard a lot of people saying this one was great. It's actually the type of guest that I'd give the swerve.

Edit: Ok. that clip sold me. Eddie Bravo telling him it's just a conspiracy theory lololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

its 4 hrs in total,very hard to keep up with them...jones rants a lot so better to take breaks every hour wen listening to keep up :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Not a hope I'm watching that lads, FFS Rogan is trolling us all having him on with Eddie Bravo at the same time. He must've smoked an ounce to get through that, 5 hours, bai gad that'd melt your brain :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

D'Agger wrote: »
    Not a hope I'm watching that lads, FFS Rogan is trolling us all having him on with Eddie Bravo at the same time. He must've smoked an ounce to get through that, 5 hours, bai gad that'd melt your brain :D

its not a furious as jones shows..rogan had him on to show hes not as crazy as people let on.bravo and joe are smoking,and bravo rarely gets in on convo but got pretty stoned by look of him:D:D.. jones did have alot of crack pot stuff but wasnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

PVZ broke her arm again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

4 and half hours of that, your a saint if you can manage that. Alex Jones is certifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Not strictly MMA related, but please tell me you’ve seen the Rogan/Bravo/Alex Jones podcast.

Good fúcking Christ :pac:

absolutely crazy and awesome:D
    Mellor wrote: »
    At this point it's better for him that they are hanging around.
    There's gonna be a point where detection gets so good that traces are found for years.

OK so its the same metabolite as before. at what stage do you say this is going on too long? or is this a case of really well hidden micro dosing?

i am not saying jones is cheating but does everyone just except that jones will piss hot forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    OK so its the same metabolite as before. at what stage do you say this is going on too long? or is this a case of really well hidden micro dosing?

i am not saying jones is cheating but does everyone just except that jones will piss hot forever?

I think the logic is that these are all deemed to be lingering from the last time he got caught and punished. He's already been (weakly) punished for that so can't really keep repunishing for the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

xckjoo wrote: »
    I think the logic is that these are all deemed to be lingering from the last time he got caught and punished. He's already been (weakly) punished for that so can't really keep repunishing for the same thing.

Has anyone else who was caught and banned been showing the same results or is it just jones

Has anyone else who was caught and banned been showing the same results or is it just jones
    I don't think there is anyone else that was caught for turinabol. Frank Mir was but he's no longer being USADA tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Disclaimer: Haven't researched this extensively so could be completely wrong. Wording is probably wrong too.

Not sure about other fighter, etc. but I believe what he's testing positive for now is the "long-term" markers that would still be floating around your body months after taking the substance. There's no sign of new "short-term" markers that would indicate that he has taken a new dose of whatever.

Regarding other people, I'd take Mellors word for it. I think Jones is a unique case in terms of being caught, punished and returned from PEDs. The bigger argument is that he was let off lightly for being caught originally. You could potentially say that there's favoritism there, but not for these positive results as they're to be expected after the original failed test (again, if my understanding is right).

It would be hilarious if Jones has a steroid doctor whose job now was to administer tiny and steadily decreasing doses of turinabol, so as to 'verify' USADAs pulsing theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cro cop just retired live on Croatian tv. Says he suffered a stroke.

dashoonage wrote: »

Yeah he had a stroke after the fight and can't take anymore punches to the head. Sad way to go but should have retired sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jesus best of luck to him, very sorry to hear that

D'Agger wrote: »
    Jesus best of luck to him, very sorry to hear that

Read a translation of his retirement speech: says it was not the Nelson fight itself but related to a neck injury suffered beforehand. (Not sure if true or not but either way a nice detail for him to have added). Mad. Cro Cop was terrifying in (and out) of the ring.

I hope this is a sign for the rest of the crazy aged 40+ Pride era guys and the promotions who continue to show them, esp post USADA infraction flags. Who wants to watch that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAPry_9Ds5I
    Max is just so damn likeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Cali_girl wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAPry_9Ds5I
    Max is just so damn likeable!

The Ortega fight was tough because it was hard not to cheer for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1101600453014351872

askren's comment is hilarious but is dana's tweet real? cant seem to find it if it was real

If it's true I'd say it's Colby for Bader or something to that effect, maybe throw in Nick

If it's true I'd say it's Colby for Bader or something to that effect, maybe throw in Nick

I hope to god it's Colby. That would be gas given his antics this week

I hope to god it's Colby. That would be gas given his antics this week

That's why I think it'd be him, Dana giving him his release that he asked for and payback for running up on his table :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's not real lads.

That's why I think it'd be him, Dana giving him his release that he asked for and payback for running up on his table :pac:

The table thing was cringy. But threaten to wreck his car. Lol
    Dana says and does stupid stuff. But there's a line between public/professional life and private life

It's not real lads.

Ah I know but it's nice to speculate about, I wish it was more common.
    The table thing was cringy. But threaten to wreck his car. Lol
    Dana says and does stupid stuff. But there's a line between public/professional life and private life

Danas interim wife legged it pretty quickly from the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

UFC 3 is free to play this weekend on PlayStation. (5hr worth of play)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beersmith wrote: »
    UFC 3 is free to play this weekend on PlayStation. (5hr worth of play)

Only 15 euro on sale on PSN store as well this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This should be fun, I can't remember the last time I watched a one night tournament.

https://twitter.com/shanknapp/status/1102022925090197504

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement