Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Did you have a good tare at yourself

Many

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yoel v Jacare April 27. Nice fight again that is.

Also Pauli Malignaggi signed with bare knuckle and wants to fight the GOAT. Honestly think Artem would beat him in those rules Pauli hits as hard as my niece.

Edit - sorry lads didn't see it In the McGregor thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anyone seen the instagram video's from Paige Van Zant, jaysus christ on a bike, go look :):):):)

Care to post a link for all those folk bit on Instagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Care to post a link for all those folk bit on Instagram?

didn't see a whole lot there

on the other hand https://www.instagram.com/karatehottiemma/

much better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There's a semi pro event on over in dubai this weekend, Reign MMA. Its SBG Ireland vs MMA Poland. Its some setup, I was looking at bits on instagram there. Fighting on a hotel roof top with the Dubai skyline in the background

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Did you really need to post this information 3 times in 3 different threads?

"semi pro" isn't a thing. You're either getting paid or you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Did you really need to post this information 3 times in 3 different threads?

"semi pro" isn't a thing. You're either getting paid or you're not.

Do you really need to be a prick?

I posted it in one other thread which I thought I deleted the post.

It's ammy with modified rules hence semi-pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

dashoonage wrote: »

:( it's nearly nine ****ing years since he won a fight, someone has to stop him from fighting. The BJ Penn story is probably only going to get more and more depressing as he finds nothing else to put his energy towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fromvert wrote: »
    :( it's nearly nine ****ing years since he won a fight, someone has to stop him from fighting. The BJ Penn story is probably only going to get more and more depressing as he finds nothing else to put his energy towards.

The UFC should simply be saying no and washing their hands of it. He’s not even close to being a draw at this stage either so there’s no excuse or justification for it.

He’s also on decent show money so knowing what they’re like, even for financial reasons I’m surprised they haven’t put a stop to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fromvert wrote: »
    The BJ Penn story is probably only going to get more and more depressing as he finds nothing else to put his energy towards.

This is a serious point. BJ is rich, he doesn't need to fight, but it seems to be the only thing that he has which is why he can't walk away.

When he finally does hang it up he's going to have a heck of a void to fill.

Also, we all know that Dana is a prick but this takes the biscuit. How many times has he (rightly BTW) lectured about the likes of Chuck Liddell needing to hang it up because he's past it and putting himself at risk, then he happily lets BJ Penn dig deeper and deeper into mediocrity like this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

rob316 wrote: »

You posted it in two threads..which was completely unnecessary..I removed the one here and left a deleted note saying why. You then went and posted it..again and decided to delete your other post. One post about it is enough and it can remain with any discussion about it in the other thread which is for events.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Imagine trying to explain to a newbie that BJ was one of the greatest to ever do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Talks on twitter of Zabit v Ortega at 238. Could see them making it an interim (sigh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dulux99 wrote: »
    Talks on twitter of Zabit v Ortega at 238. Could see them making it an interim (sigh)

Creating an interim belt because the champ is fighting for a different interim belt, brilliant.

Creating an interim belt because the champ is fighting for a different interim belt, brilliant.

That's only my suspicion/presumption

Not sure where (if anywhere) this belongs but Derrick Lewis just gives and gives. :)

https://twitter.com/Jon_Anik/status/1104158591186022400

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »

Ammy with modified rules is at best still ammy.

At worst it's pro-rules without a paycheck

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

That's only my suspicion/presumption

I think Aldo is a bigger draw that either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

That would be ridiculous if Ortegas next fight was for a title especially after the beating he took from Max. So yeah I fully expect the UFC to make it for an interim if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Winner of Aldo vs volkanovski should fight the winner of t city vs zabit.

Winner of that fight should then fight max for the title.

• Advertisement

I don't think max will come back down to 145, seems like a very tough cut. Good suggestion above though I'd like to see the winner of both fights scrap.

In other interim title news cagewarriors have an interim title fight today , seems to be a new trend.

ASOT wrote: »
    I don't think max will come back down to 145, seems like a very tough cut. Good suggestion above though I'd like to see the winner of both fights scrap.

In other interim title news cagewarriors have an interim title fight today , seems to be a new trend.

Yeah Max ain't going down again. I think he beats Poirier and fights Khabib towards the end of the year and then
    hopefully winner of Aldo/Volk fights winner of Zabit/Ortega for a genuine title. Please God.

The UFC is on an hour earlier tonight thanks to there daylight savings coming in.

Gustafson vs Smith in Sweden in June just announced. Good scrap. Smith really isn't f*cking around, straight back on the horse in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gustafson vs Smith in Sweden in June just announced. Good scrap. Smith really isn't f*cking around, straight back on the horse in fairness

Haha, poor Corey got shut down fairly quick.

https://twitter.com/AlexTheMauler/status/1104473617935618050?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    The UFC is on an hour earlier tonight thanks to there daylight savings coming in.

4th fight was on when I tuned in :o:o:(

would have been happy had I missed the greene fight :pac:

mailburner wrote: »
    4th fight was on when I tuned in :o:o:(

would have been happy had I missed the greene fight :pac:

I was wrecked and still couldn't stay up, asleep for 1. Gonna watch the main card now before the Liverpool match so worked out well.

<snip>

Mod: Ban for 3 days for posting spoilers in general thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

<snip>

Mod: Ban for 3 days for posting spoilers in general thread..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just watched last nights main event.

**** off into the event thread with your spoilers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement