Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

**** off into the event thread with your spoilers.

There isn't one.

I really do wonder about people browsing any sort of MMA websites, more than 12 hours after a fight has happened, and then get furious about seeing spoilers.

It's your own fault. Yeah people are technically meant to stick to specific threads but really if you're trying to avoid a result, just stay off MMA related online content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Or people could just follow the established rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wonder why so few can be bothered setting up an event thread?
    I'd rather set up a thread than have a main event ruined here.

got an email from here this morning, no way was I reading it having not seen it.
    It's almost inevitable that this will happen almost every time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dulux99 wrote: »
    There isn't one.

I really do wonder about people browsing any sort of MMA websites, more than 12 hours after a fight has happened, and then get furious about seeing spoilers.

It's your own fault. Yeah people are technically meant to stick to specific threads but really if you're trying to avoid a result, just stay off MMA related online content.

"There isn't one" is a pathetic excuse...takes 2 seconds to make a thread and no reason people cant do it. People are fully aware of the rules about spoilers, if someone is going to post about the event and there isn't a thread just make one. Even if you stay off the thread you still get an email because someone decided it was clever to post about the results. It's not up for debate, the rule is there and people need to follow it, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Amazing person gets banned for spolier in general ufc forum and the person that has fit over it....quotes the spoiler in his own post complaining over spoilers being posted. Ye all whinge bags in here tbh bitching moaning all time

Mods if ye handing out warnings for spoliers the person that quotes should get same or at least spoiler tag the post
    Yeah yeah i'll enjoy my break from forum while ye untangle yer knickers

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Amazing person gets banned for spolier in general ufc forum and the person that has fit over it....quotes the spoiler in his own post complaining over spoilers being posted. Ye all whinge bags in here tbh bitching moaning all time

Mods if ye handing out warnings for spoliers the person that quotes should get same or at least spoiler tag the post
    Yeah yeah i'll enjoy my break from forum while ye untangle yer knickers

your logic is beyond idiotic.

Axwell wrote: »
    "There isn't one" is a pathetic excuse...takes 2 seconds to make a thread and no reason people cant do it. People are fully aware of the rules about spoilers, if someone is going to post about the event and there isn't a thread just make one. Even if you stay off the thread you still get an email because someone decided it was clever to post about the results. It's not up for debate, the rule is there and people need to follow it, simple as that.

Excuse? I didn't post the result mate. I made the observation on someone getting all ratty because a result of a fight got spoiled on them. If you're online, the day after an event, reading MMA related content and come across the result then you've only got yourself to blame. If you're avoiding a result you should avoid all online activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As idiotic as reading about MMA news whilst avoiding the result of an MMA fight?

I nearly posted about maurice greene being rubbish almost forgetting
    the rules here.

some have deserved bans here in the past, these two lads didn't to be
    fair to them, don't think spoiling the event was part of eithers agenda and
    think they just didn't think about it before posting is all.

The same 5/6 lads set up 90% of the event threads here I'd imagine also which is suprising given it takes a minute to set one up.

who would want to be a mod eh?

• Advertisement

As idiotic as reading about MMA news whilst avoiding the result of an MMA fight?

You mean by purposely avoiding all media outlets while working all day and reading the one forum I know shouldn't have spoilers because it's in the ****ing charter and everyone knows it?

Get the boat, genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Please explain. I could do with a laugh

Btw well done for having scense of editing post where you spolit it for people after mod editing original post. Genius

correct me if I'm wrong someone but weren't spoilers posted 2/3 events back meaning it was always gonna happen again?

avoid boards like the plague is my motto until all watched

You mean by purposely avoiding all media outlets while working all day and reading the one forum I know shouldn't have spoilers because it's in the ****ing charter and everyone knows it?

Get the boat, genius.

As I've already said, I acknowledge the fact that technically results shouldn't be in this thread. But when I'm avoiding a result of something I'm clued in enough to know that you can get spoiled anywhere. I was avoiding the result of Cormier v Lewis a few months ago and was in my local shop and heard two lads talking about it. Sh*t happens. If I was avoiding results I wouldnt read anything online, much less an MMA dedicated thread. Genius.

mailburner wrote: »
    avoid boards like the plague is my motto until all watched

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fcuk it lads, I’m fed up holding it in. Frank shamrock lost to Bas Rutten

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Excuse? I didn't post the result mate. I made the observation on someone getting all ratty because a result of a fight got spoiled on them. If you're online, the day after an event, reading MMA related content and come across the result then you've only got yourself to blame. If you're avoiding a result you should avoid all online activity.

No one said you did. But your first justification was there isn't an event thread - to set one up would have taken the same amount of effort as posting in this one in the first place and then avoided all this. Debating whether someone should or shouldn't come online the next day is irrelevant, the forum rules are really simple, don't post event spoilers then everyones happy and I even get to avoid the fight results myself without having to find out clearing up this nonsense...

Now BACK ON TOPIC FOLKS....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,321 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All of Gunni's 13 career submissions in one video.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yoel says the reason hes fighting Jacare because Costas been flagged by USADA. Who would have taught it :pac:

ASOT wrote: »
    Yoel says the reason hes fighting Jacare because Costas been flagged by USADA. Who would have taught it :pac:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

This discretion thing is mad, when was he flagged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This discretion thing is mad, when was he flagged?
    Costa's manager has denied it and Yoel rang Ariel to say he just heard it from someone but he didn't know if it was true or not. Chris Weidman has been sticking the boot in though.

https://twitter.com/chrisweidman/status/1105252288220876803
    https://twitter.com/chrisweidman/status/1105252652961722368

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any guesses what Dana is so happy about?

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1105570776617381889?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Theresa got defeated again , Dana is a brexiteer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's probably just Darren Till making weight that has Dana so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Does the main card start at 20:00 this weekend or is that the prelim start time?

Does the main card start at 20:00 this weekend or is that the prelim start time?

that's the main start time, prelims on bt from 6-8 so we got mma from 6-11.30

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/one_punch/status/1106225543425548291?s=21

Imagine having to ask permission to wear a hat at an event.

The state of the UFC, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

<snip>

Mod: You know the story folks - MMA discussion only..

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/one_punch/status/1106225543425548291?s=21

Imagine having to ask permission to wear a hat at an event.

The state of the UFC, FFS.

ah jaysus and pickett of all people :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement