Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, we are allowed talk about legal issues and rumors from websites about other fighters once its not conor?

No.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dave1982 wrote: »
    Conor had arrest reports also but we are not allowed talk about it

Read other posts about family not talking to him before hand Dana saying he has issues.

People who whinge and moan bout gossiping bout conor are in here doing saying stuff about tony. Same rule should apply for everyone.

Will we see this thread get locked and earnings handed out...... fck no its not bout Conor

I can picture mods here meeting conor like giddy little school girls carring pink unicorns, Hi Conor i am a mod on boards and i never let any randomer say anything bad about on boards.ie

Maybe next time try reporting the post instead of making smart arse comments about it on the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Cian Cowley lost his fight on a split decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

bono_v wrote: »
    Cian Cowley lost his fight on a split decision.

2-2 now? Might be a long time before he gets to smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Is this rule about MMA discussion an attempt to drive all talk outside of a Saturday night to other sites? Seems silly that the Tony story can't be discussed, especially given the reaction on all other platforms has been one of support and genuine sadness at what has transpired. Do you really not trust the users of this forum to discuss it in a non-judgmental and respectful? I also think any argument about it not being MMA relevant is silly as well. He's one of the premier athletes the sport has and it explains his inactivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is this rule about MMA discussion an attempt to drive all talk outside of a Saturday night to other sites? Seems silly that the Tony story can't be discussed, especially given the reaction on all other platforms has been one of support and genuine sadness at what has transpired. Do you really not trust the users of this forum to discuss it in a non-judgmental and respectful? I also think any argument about it not being MMA relevant is silly as well. He's one of the premier athletes the sport has and it explains his inactivity.

Its madness, and needs to be properly addressed. Not being able to post in a chat thread about an mma fighter unless it involves a fight is stupid. The forum will die a death. Most mma sites have weekly articles about fighters lives outside the cage. The majority are fairly interesting also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads as per the other thread if you wish to discuss moderation, please do so via PM. It is not for open discussion on the forum derailing another thread.

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads as per the other thread if you wish to discuss moderation, please do so via PM. It is not for open discussion on the forum derailing another thread.
    Would it be appropriate to discuss it in the feedback thread?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87972942

By all means, go ahead it was mentioned yesterday - I would highly recommend though that any discussion in there be done in an adult manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just watched the Askren/Calderwood Q&A, some Irish yobs at it, absolute cringe! :o

Some fan asked should Sarj Eubanks have been stripped sooner for missing weight, I mean Jojo responded saying yeah and what not but obvs Eubanks never even held the belt. :rolleyes:

Mixed up somewhere with Montano somehow possibly but her being rushed to hospital and subsequent inactivity isn't something to be as critical of than Sarje missing weight over on multiple occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bisping being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame later this year, well deserved!

Edit: and he's reaction is perfect Michael

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1107033646051950593?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bisping being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame later this year, well deserved!

absolutely delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No matter what people think about him personally, there's genuinely nobody who deserves this more than Bisping. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

An absolute warrior and all round good guy. Well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fair play to herb dean, making sure that body was lifeless

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1107053935070580737?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Fair play to herb dean, making sure that body was lifeless
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It would take a huge amount of money for me to even consider being an mma referee.

Autecher wrote: »
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It would take a huge amount of money for me to even consider being an mma referee.

Can't win, thankless job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

What a career Bisping had, i absolutely hated him at the beginning but he grew & grew on me & I ended up loving him, exactly the same trajectory I had with Tony Bellew. Honest as the come, hard as nails, gave their all in every fight.

Joanne Calderwood is an official backup fighter for the flyweight title fight at UFC 238. She is already fighting Katlyn Chookagian but will be moved up if something happens with the main event.

• Advertisement

Dana and Ari are going nowhere, shenanigans will continue for a good few years yet.

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/1107761037414023170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Usman was on Rogans podcast yesterday. Worth a listen I found it very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

American ufc fans getting fckud over with this new ESPN thing it seems.

They have to subscribe to the ESPN+ streaming app to be able to buy a PPV at the same price. PPVs only available to stream now, no more satellite or cable tv. Just going to send more people to watch illegally. Are they that brainless?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

American ufc fans getting fckud over with this new ESPN thing it seems.

They have to subscribe to the ESPN+ streaming app to be able to buy a PPV at the same price. PPVs only available to stream now, no more satellite or cable tv. Just going to send more people to watch illegally. Are they that brainless?

They're probably getting a bigger percentage cut of the PPV cost and figure it's worth the potential drop off in buy rates. I remember hearing before the cable companies used to get around a 50% PPV cut which is mental.

What's the deal Ari Emmanuel is signing? Sure he owns the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What's the deal Ari Emmanuel is signing? Sure he owns the thing.

No. He's part of a consortium of people who own the thing. He's being paid by the rest of then for running the company on their behalf.

I know he's part of Endeavour of whatever they're called now but I didn't realise he had any actual role in Zuffa, which is still the org running the UFC itself. So other than actually being part of the ownership crowd, what active role does he have?

Got to say I really like Askren, he can come across a bit corny yes but he's able to **** talk pretty well without attacking peoples religion, children etc.

That was brilliant that Curly headed **** tshirt he was wearing after Till called him it. Just seems to be having fun promoting himself and fights without taking it so serious or personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Edit - bad info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

ASOT wrote: »
    Mark Hunts uncle was one of those killed in NZ last week, poor fella.

Nah he wasnt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement