Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chael P says the UFC are looking at booking Jones v Stipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

ASOT wrote: »

That would be sweet! Prob only fight Miocic would take if DC and Lesnar fight each other.

No real challenges for Jones at Light Heavyweight either at the moment, Johnny Walker after he gets a few more fights may give him a good go though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Surprised Jones would take that fight, with all the other less accomplished fighters getting title shots in the weight division above or below I’m surprised he isn’t just waiting for the winner of DC vs Brock should it happen, or the vacant title should DC retire after beating Brock

Much more to lose than gain from that fight imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Surprised Jones would take that fight, with all the other less accomplished fighters getting title shots in the weight division above or below I’m surprised he isn’t just waiting for the winner of DC vs Brock should it happen, or the vacant title should DC retire after beating Brock

Much more to lose than gain from that fight imo

Big PPV money tho. He's eager to make up for the suspended time he couldn't earn. Says want to fight 4 times this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

An early start tonight, 9 pm early prelims, midnight main card! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

lets be realistic will Brock ever come back? its being nearly 9 months since DC beat stipe and had that pushing fight with brock.

dana says brock hasnt been in contact and will only do so when he is ready to fight. thats fair enough but cant see dc waiting forever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Whelo79 wrote: »
    An early start tonight, 9 pm early prelims, midnight main card! :D

Jaysus thanks for posting, I'd have missed half of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mailburner wrote: »
    Jaysus thanks for posting, I'd have missed half of it

Some might have considered that a good thing. Not a great card to be honest.

Some might have considered that a good thing. Not a great card to be honest.

Haha so true, looks dire especially the prelims which to me look like some of the worst prelims in quite a while

The initial excitement of an early card just about edges the quality

Cejudo v Moraes for the bantamweight belt, Joe B v Formiga as back up.

That's the end of the flyweight division anyway, TJ getting popped was probably the easiest transition for the division to move up which is fairly mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That's the end of the flyweight division anyway, TJ getting popped was probably the easiest transition for the division to move up which is fairly mad.

A real shame, IMO. I far more often than not enjoyed the flyweight fights.

It’s still hard to believe that someone like Mighty Mouse was never a huge star.

What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

They did say Joe B v Formiga would be a number 1 contender fight for flyweight even though its a bantamweight fight.

The UFC average for both strikes landed and absorbed per minute is 3.

Justin Gaethje?

Landed - 8.5
    Absorbed - 10.5

:eek::pac:

xtal191 wrote: »
    They did say Joe B v Formiga would be a number 1 contender fight for flyweight even though its a bantamweight fight.

Yeah it doesn't make sense at all, that's why I think the division will officially be killed off then. All over the place it is.

Paully D wrote: »
    The UFC average for both strikes landed and absorbed per minute is 3.

Justin Gaethje?

Landed - 8.5
    Absorbed - 10.5

:eek::pac:

That'll be considerably higher after next weekend, just hope he
    doesn't get badly hurt

good fight for moraes, though right now I think he's the best bantamweight fighter out there even with tj in the mix
    I think he'll put cejudo away quite easily

Ali forgetting he's logged into his own account again

https://twitter.com/AliAbdelaziz00/status/1109880279122903040?s=19
    good fight for moraes, though right now I think he's the best bantamweight fighter out there even with tj in the mix
    I think he'll put cejudo away quite easily

I think cejudo is a class act and will beat him I'm, it'll be a great fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Amirkhani vs Fishgold confirmed for UFC Stockholm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Faber confirms he's still in the testing pool and looking to come out of retirement.

Do these guys ever know when to quit. He's 40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

rob316 wrote: »
    Faber confirms he's still in the testing pool and looking to come out of retirement.

Do these guys ever know when to quit. He's 40

With more and more money in the sport, fighters can't help themselves.

Another “early” card this weekend, with the main card for Barboza vs Gaethje starting at 11pm our time!

Early prelims - 7:30pm
    Prelims - 9pm

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

God bless ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

potential for huge violence on that card too.

who needs sherdog and junkie when you got boards

cheers paully, had no idea..happy out.

who needs sherdog and junkie when you got boards

cheers paully, had no idea..happy out.

That McGregor threads poison, worse than anything I've seen on sherdog. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not sure where to ask this so apologies if it's the wrong thread. Does anyone still do the UFC fight predications? I remember there was a boards league once and it was great fun. Has that been retired now?

Not sure where to ask this so apologies if it's the wrong thread. Does anyone still do the UFC fight predications? I remember there was a boards league once and it was great fun. Has that been retired now?

The ufc took that feature off the website unfortunately, it was fun... Until you forgot to do your picks or the picks didn't save :pac:

That McGregor threads poison, worse than anything I've seen on sherdog. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

I'll take your word for it Asot, I haven't even looked it in the past couple of years for that reason, would want payment for modding it tbh

I was asked to mod here a while back but I don't have the time for it tbh but part of my reply was...

"Aside from all that I couldn't bear to mod the mc gregor thread...can't even bring myself to read it to be honest"

And if I had the time there's no way I could read or mod that muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads can we keep the conversation on topic..one McGregor thread is more than enough. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement