Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paully D wrote: »

I think we're well past who "deserves" this and that. Its all about a good fight. Holm vs Nunes is a great match up. Holm has the range to get to Nunes and keep away from her etc. And they're both "Rousey killers" TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

I love watching Holm though, she is a seriously competent striker and has pushed a lot of these girls very close despite losing. Don't see her beating Nunes, or getting out of round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VW 1 wrote: »
    I love watching Holm though, she is a seriously competent striker and has pushed a lot of these girls very close despite losing. Don't see her beating Nunes, or getting out of round 1.

I can't see Nunes coming at her swinging overhands and haymakers though. Could get kicked in the face.

Although I said the same about the Cyborg fight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

VW 1 wrote: »

I can't help but think she'd be a lot more successful if she didn't telegraph every punch by grunting before throwing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭Inviere

ASOT wrote: »
    Cejudo v Moraes official

I find Cejudo insufferable as is, can't bear to think what he'd be like as a two division champ :(
    xtal191 wrote: »

Awwh Robbie, can't bear to see him take another loss. Tyron absolutely starched him last time, can't see this one going any differently. Robbie's retirement fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

henry "im saving the flyweights cause im an Olympian gold medal" cejudo

i hope moraes starches him. UFC just dont give a fcuk about rankings or divisions. it should be another bantam weight fighting for the vacant belt not a 125er

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    henry "im saving the flyweights cause im an Olympian gold medal" cejudo

i hope moraes starches him. UFC just dont give a fcuk about rankings or divisions. it should be another bantam weight fighting for the vacant belt not a 125er

Have to disagree, Cejudo deserves it he knocked out the former BW champ in his last bout and the #1 & #2 contenders at BW were dispatched in a combined 5 minutes by Moraes. It's the fight to make for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Find Henry quite amusing myself. He’s clearly trolling, he pisses himself laughing saying half of his lines.

Anyone see AJ Agazarm last week on Ariel’s show. He was last on, I had never heard of him before but holy jesus what an absolute douchebag. Have not heard a more cringe worthy interview in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

mdwexford wrote: »
    Find Henry quite amusing myself. He’s clearly trolling, he pisses himself laughing saying half of his lines.

Anyone see AJ Agazarm last week on Ariel’s show. He was last on, I had never heard of him before but holy jesus what an absolute douchebag. Have not heard a more cringe worthy interview in my life.

I share your sentiment on both of them, I think cejudos gas. Seems like a sound fella. AJ is an absolute arsehole, glad he lost his first fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

wexfordmd wrote:

He's a cock. He's disliked a lot in jiu jitsu too. When this happened, everybody just went "meh, probably deserved it"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPKLAMM7U0

Mellor wrote: »
    He's a cock. He's disliked a lot in jiu jitsu too. When this happened, everybody just went "meh, probably deserved it"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPKLAMM7U0

Ah I'm never seen that before that's class :pac:

ASOT wrote: »
    "Oh Mangg" Whats with the stupid accent? I love, freaking love Masvidal but why is he talking like Scarface?!? I've watched all of this vlogs series on Youtube and he never had that accent in that ;)

I love Masvidal but he wont have a chance against Askren, Askren will take him down and finish it. I'd like to see Masvidal vs Pettis, that seems like the fight to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

"Oh Mangg" Whats with the stupid accent? I love, freaking love Masvidal but why is he talking like Scarface?!? I've watched all of this vlogs series on Youtube and he never had that accent in that ;)

I love Masvidal but he wont have a chance against Askren, Askren will take him down and finish it. I'd like to see Masvidal vs Pettis, that seems like the fight to make.

That's just his normal accent. He's a first generation Cuban-american from Miami who grew up with English as his second language. That's just how he talks. He usually speaks slower in interviews but that's the only difference.

Autecher wrote: »
    There was talk of Aldo pulling out of that this week as he has/had a bacterial infection but he is better now thankfully.

He's still not 100% going to fight according to this, hope the fight goes ahead but it doesn't sound good.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/28/18285949/jose-aldo-still-cant-say-if-hes-going-to-fight-at-ufc-237-because-of-knee-infection

Everybody? No.

Some scumbags said things like that. I don't know any reasonable people who responded that way. Nobody 'deserves' to be kicked in the spine (very dangerous) in a grappling match.

You paint the BJJ community in a bad light with generalisations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Everybody? No.

Some scumbags said things like that. I don't know any reasonable people who responded that way. Nobody 'deserves' to be kicked in the spine (very dangerous) in a grappling match.

To be fair, AJ is hated more than Danis. He's an absolute bellend.

Not like it was a hard kick anyway, was more of a push kick, which he absolutely deserved and more.

Everybody? No.

I think your irony detector has malfunctioned.
    You are reading too much into tbh.

Jorge should have looked for the Edwards fight first I'd say, much more of a chance of losing against Askren and undoing all his recent good work.

Check out @arielhelwani’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1111626256318193664?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

M Gregor getting what he wants :):)

M Gregor getting what he wants :):)

Not really, he'd still have to buy in, which is the same deal as they'd always said.

Besides that, he has bigger issues to deal with whenever he lands back on Dublin.

And if he does buy in, he should be barred from ever fighting in the UFC again because of the massive conflict of interest.

Endeavour going public. Massive if true
    I thought it was taking Zuffa/UFC public. Which would have been huge.

But if it's Endeavour as a whole, it's a less of a non-story imo. Their portfolio is huge.

https://www.endeavorco.com/network/

And if he does buy in, he should be barred from ever fighting in the UFC again because of the massive conflict of interest
    What's the conflict of interest? Serious question.
    Base level employees own shares in their companies all the time. It's just a financial investment.
    A big enough share to put him on th board is different, that would be a conflict.

Don't be so obtuse. You know exactly what the problems are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The card so far for UFC 239 in Fight Week

Jon Jones v Thiago Santos for the Light Heavyweight Belt
    Amanda Nunes v Holly Holm for the Bantamweight belt
    Jan Blachowicz v Luke Rockhold (Luke's Light Heavyweight debut)
    Jorge Masvidal v Ben Askren
    Francis Ngannou v Junior dos Santos

o4ty2csllks01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Endeavour going public. Massive if true
    I thought it was taking Zuffa/UFC public. Which would have been huge.

But if it's Endeavour as a whole, it's a less of a non-story imo. Their portfolio is huge.

https://www.endeavorco.com/network/

And if he does buy in, he should be barred from ever fighting in the UFC again because of the massive conflict of interest
    Base level employees own shares in their companies all the time. It's just a financial investment.
    A big enough share to put him on th board is different, that would be a conflict.

It's still a huge story as it would open up the finances to scrutiny like never before.

Interestingly, the article I linked to suggested the expected launch price would value Endeavour in its entirety at $4bn, having bought Zuffa for $4bn alone 3 years ago.

Another bit in the report that I didn't realise was they had returned the Saudi 10% investment after the Jamal Khashoggi murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Autecher wrote: »
    The card so far for UFC 239 in Fight Week

Jon Jones v Thiago Santos for the Light Heavyweight Belt
    Amanda Nunes v Holly Holm for the Bantamweight belt
    Jan Blachowicz v Luke Rockhold (Luke's Light Heavyweight debut)
    Jorge Masvidal v Ben Askren
    Francis Ngannou v Junior dos Santos

o4ty2csllks01.jpg
    No conor needed the show goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thumbnail is gas, looks like two 15 year olds about to scrap. Beautiful finish by Dustin, Max was green as ****, can't wait to see the rematch.

I'm fairly sure this isn't an April fool's joke, but Ruslan Magomedov has been banned for life by USADA. He said when he pulled out of his last fight it was due to visa issues, looks like he was spoofing. I'm not a fan of failed tests not being disclosed it seems ridiculous.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2019/4/1/18290955/ufc-heavyweight-ruslan-magomedov-receives-lifetime-ban-from-usada?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I guess he didn't take the snitch route like Jon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement