Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ush1 wrote: »
    :confused:
    I think it's reasonable to expect Conor wants more than 0.5% of the company. What's the point in speculating about boards, employee shares etc... when nobody actually knows how much he wants.
    Im sure he want big a slice as he can get, as anyone would. But wanting 10% doesn’t mean you can afford 10%.
    We were talking about a public float of the company, buying in with you own coin. To get a decent slice, you really need to be a billionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Romero & Volkov both out of there main events. Not sure if Jacare will get another opponent but Overeems fightining Oleinik.

No reason given for either withdrawal from what I can see ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »
    Romero & Volkov both out of there main events. Not sure if Jacare will get another opponent but Overeems fightining Oleinik.

No reason given for either withdrawal from what I can see ....

Both rumours but supposedly Romero out with pneumonia and Volkov flagged by USADA.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Both rumours but supposedly Romero out with pneumonia and Volkov flagged by USADA.

Yeah heard the Volkov rumours, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Don't like these hidden failures anymore. Ruslan was claiming visa issues for him pulling out of a fight but it was just the fact that he popped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Costa is replacing Romero to fight Souza. Costa's next fight was going to be announced in the next few days anyway so he was already in camp.

Cormier v Lesnar is being planned for August according to Ariel Helwani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Autecher wrote: »
    Costa is replacing Romero to fight Souza. Costa's next fight was going to be announced in the next few days anyway so he was already in camp.

Cormier v Lesnar is being planned for August according to Ariel Helwani.
    Nice :cool:

Chael P is fighting Machida.

It's also his birthday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

ASOT wrote: »
    Chael P is fighting Machida.

It's also his birthday today.

I didn't like Chael when he first came along but I gotta say he's grown on me over the years. I think he sees the business side of the sport better than anyone else at the moment.

xckjoo wrote: »
    I didn't like Chael when he first came along but I gotta say he's grown on me over the years. I think he sees the business side of the sport better than anyone else at the moment.

Yeah Chael was like marmite, you either loved him or hated him. I loved him though, I taught he was original & hilarious. When he came out with the fake belt on Highly Questionable in the build up to the bisping fight is one of the best haha. He's a class analyst now and his podcast is very popular so like yourself he seems to have grown on people. The exact same can be said for bisping actually

Yan v Riviera flat UFC 238, nice fight that. Another W for Yan though.

• Advertisement

Does Dylan Tuke have a fight lined up soon? There was big enough hype around him two years ago and now he is nowhere to be seen. I know he got knocked out by Yusuff but thats hardly a bad loss considering how good Yusuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chris fields and Sbg swords no longer under the sbg banner, now Team KF.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

rob316 wrote: »

What’s the story there? Always liked Chris. Doesn’t seem to be into the new generation of mcgregor wannabes/ copycats coming from sbg Concorde either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

rob316 wrote: »

Where's Team KF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Where's Team KF?

Still in Swords, basically dropped the SBG affiliation and are now known as Team KF.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So KF is for King Fields as in Tom and Chris. Good luck to em. I'm guessing Ais is part of that crew as well?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Still in Swords, basically dropped the SBG affiliation and are now known as Team KF.

Oh, fair enough so just training with his own lads and not paying John "affiliate fees" for the SBG name and curriculum then? Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Tom and Chris are legit some of the best people and coaches on the Irish scene. They will do well regardless of the name. Have to admire them for striking out on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't know much about King but field is an og of Irish mma, real top bloke and isn't breeding mouthy McGregor wannabes like Concorde.

Him, Roddy and paddy I have slot of respect for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What time is Artem Lobov fist fighting tonight anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

What time is Artem Lobov fist fighting tonight anyone know?

hope you got to see it man. do yourselves a favour and watch

hope you got to see it man. do yourselves a favour and watch

Unreal! Your man's face looked like a butchers chopping block. Malinagi is going to hurt Artem badly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Unreal! Your man's face looked like a butchers chopping block. Malinagi is going to hurt Artem badly though.

No way, Malinagi is obviously far more technical, but he's not got a bare Knuckle smack and I think that he might be having second thoughts after that fight. Artem can take a smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

No way, Malinagi is obviously far more technical, but he's not got a bare Knuckle smack and I think that he might be having second thoughts after that fight. Artem can take a smack.

Really? I'd say he would be licking his lips at the prospect of lighting artem up without having a glove (knuckle!) laid on him.

Artem's a really good guy and I'd love to see him beat Malignaggi but I just can't see how he can land with any sort of volume against a boxer of Paulie's level employing his usual style. If he was prepared to change up his approach and employ a clinch-heavy game and lots of dirty-boxing (not sure how strict they are on the clinch at these events??) then maybe he could have some joy, but if he tries to rely on counters and potshotting I'd be fearful that he will take a lot of punishment.

If I had to pick an MMA fighter to box a boxer, Artem would probably be the very last on my list, even more so against a slick operator like Pauline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

artem has one hell of a chin but cant see him going the distance with a legit boxer like paulie

Chris Fields made a statement there about the new gym
    D3gW8xqXoAAlYMS.png

Putting some distance between himself and SBG seems to be an important part of the decision. Can't blame him.

Tom is a massive loss to SBG as an organisation. One of the best BJJ coaches in Ireland and delivered some of the beat seminars I've attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Was there a big falling out or what? King and fields have been sbg probably longer than McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Was there a big falling out or what? King and fields have been sbg probably longer than McGregor

I would presume they are looking to carve out their own names and reputations in coaching. I'd say the majority of people see SBG and Ireland and presume JK is involved, which would probably get a bit annoying after a while for other coaches.

That's how I would see it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement