Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,248 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Putting some distance between himself and SBG seems to be an important part of the decision. Can't blame him.
    You are possibly reading too much into it.
    But can't say for sure with asking the guys themselves.
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Was there a big falling out or what? King and fields have been sbg probably longer than McGregor
    It's pretty normal tbh. They've been training up guys in house, and want to stand on their own feet. Say way SBG Northside became Team Ryano.

These are businesses a the end of the day. Being an affiliate is good for a new club, it gets them exposure, membership transfers, drop-ins etc. But at a certain point, they'll have built up their own membership, and affiliation becomes a cost.

Tom is still an SBG blackbelt, regardless of what the sign above the door says.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tony will be back soon by the looks of it.

https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/1115022266641801216?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Re Lobov, dos anyone actually find that our any of the other BKB entertaining?

Poor, sloppy ****e was what I saw. Very quickly looked like two drinks in a car park after the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Some of it is more technical than others. I thought Chase Sherman v Sam Shewmaker was OK in that sense. Coming from MMA, many fighers will have varying degrees of skill in technical boxing, but they help draw attention to the promotion. The UFC has some excellent boxers, but I doubt many of them will transition to BKFC.

Lobov v Knight was entertaining but neither would be known for their boxing ability during their time in UFC. I honestly didn't see Artem winning pre-fight so glad to be proven wrong. It got extremely sloppy towards the end (and Lobov was completely out of steam) but the first few rounds there was some decent shots and counters used.

We have to remember as well that the promotion is still very much in its infancy, needs names to make itself known, and it will take time to attract better fighters.

We have to remember as well that the promotion is still very much in its infancy, needs names to make itself known, and it will take time to attract better fighters.

I can't see it ever attracting better fighters tbh. You are stuck with the wash outs that are willing to put their face on the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

looking like artem vs paulie on 22nd of june. anyoe else think that is way to soon considering the damage artem took in his last fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He'll look like a scene from Carrie by half way through the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,719 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

As bad as Artem is I think this bare knuckle thing suits him,
    It's totally different to boxing , its more about being able to take damage and being durable,

Also they didn't Pauline always suffer from hand issues in boxing ?
    Bare Knuckles will be a nightmare for him , He also never hit hard at all ,
    Also don't forget Paulie hasn't fought in while and will have got softer he won't be near as tuff as Artem is and in his last fight beat easy by Sam Eggington who a middle of the road fighter ,

I don't think Artem beating him in these rules is a big as an upset as people think,

Re Lobov, dos anyone actually find that our any of the other BKB entertaining?

Poor, sloppy ****e was what I saw. Very quickly looked like two drinks in a car park after the pub.

in my eyes its not a sport ,
    It's for people who couldn't make it at boxing or MMA they need a money and have no other means of making it,

Look at that fight the other nigh how can guys take part in it full time there faces will be ruined,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lobov v Knight was entertaining but neither would be known for their boxing ability during their time in UFC

What was Artem known for? :)

• Advertisement

Paulie's not as tough. He has hand issues. Artem won't quit, etc

None of that matters when Paulie is peppering him with shots and not getting hit. Artem hasn't got a strong enough clinch game to make up for the deficit in pure boxing ability.
    I'd love to be proved wrong.

Mellor wrote: »
    Paulie's not as tough. He has hand issues. Artem won't quit, etc

None of that matters when Paulie is peppering him with shots and not getting hit. Artem hasn't got a strong enough clinch game to make up for the deficit in pure boxing ability.
    I'd love to be proved wrong.

You good be right but I think the fact your getting hit with a bare hand and not a boxing glove will make a big difference in how Paulie uses his defence, I feel Artems hands up high guard style is more suited to the rule set

I don't like either fighter but I'd love to see Pualie get ko'd his sly slap the other day swung it for me, Artem would literally murder him in a street fight and Paulie playing it off like a tuff guys move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Being tough and whilst not really shining in any particular department, always capable of giving high-end fighters a good scrap.

He's a good example of a fighter that's better than his record would suggest.

Plus he's very likable as well. Even his post the other day. "Any plaster lads?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

hope you got to see it man. do yourselves a favour and watch

Just watched it earlier. I'm of the same opinion to other posts above. they looked like 2 drunks wildly swinging for 10 minutes. In fairness, they both took a lot of damage.

I think Paulie will be just too technical and won't get hit much vs Artem.

Anyone know who the guy was in Artem's corner and what's the deal with the face bandana :D.
    Also, Artems cut guy had a look of Jack Black about him :P

j7yqXBY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Face bandana is Dosbrak but no idea what he's doing there tbqh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

was and will be forever known as the goat:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads is it just me or is the rest of the 236 card weak as fook bay the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's not the most stacked but I like the Anders v Roundtree match up. Plus Reis v Pantoja is bound to be good.

Other interesting fighters like Joubin, Krylov, Max Griffin.......... it's not the worst of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Brennan Wards signed with BKFC, suppose to be fighting Chris Leban.

Also Pearson's finally retired, few fights too late Imo, but he always came to fight. I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pearson is nailed on to be approached for BKFC!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dear God, Chris Leben is the last guy who should be getting into bare knuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lesnar looking UFC ready at Wrestlemania.

Leanest hes looked in years. Still an absolute monster mind you.

100_BTS_WM35_04072091gl_00860b--d8875ba04a1201152b62610a6c355e41.jpg

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Dear God, Chris Leben is the last guy who should be getting into bare knuckle.

He's 2-0 already, he won in 38 seconds before Artems fight at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Being tough and whilst not really shining in any particular department, always capable of giving high-end fighters a good scrap.

He's a good example of a fighter that's better than his record would suggest.

Plus he's very likable as well. Even his post the other day. "Any plaster lads?"

the only high level fighter he's faced is Swanson and he was a punching bag. if it wasn't for Conor TUF is where his UFC career would have begun and ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

The Nal wrote: »
    Lesnar looking UFC ready at Wrestlemania.

Leanest hes looked in years. Still an absolute monster mind you.

Surely he wouldn't be half as lean or as tight if he was in the USADA testing pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VW 1 wrote: »
    Surely he wouldn't be half as lean or as tight if he was in the USADA testing pool?

He is in the USADA testing pool. Hence hes down about two stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭fitzparker

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Pearson is nailed on to be approached for BKFC!

Did you see his wife? my god that fella did well

https://instagram.com/kristiejpearson?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1ec4ac1gytwjx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

The Nal wrote: »
    He is in the USADA testing pool. Hence hes down about two stone.

He may be smaller but a few months ago he was looking a hell of a lot softer than he is there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement