Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Did Khabib do the anti bullying speeches that he insisted he wouldn't do to reduce the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Did Khabib do the anti bullying speeches that he insisted he wouldn't do to reduce the ban?

Nope but his ban will be up by September 7th so he's good to go also and now his team mates are back his whole spiele of sitting out until there back stays true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor might be finally able to buy shares.

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1131668162309525504?s=19

Khabib getting into the promotion business

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1131668258640187392?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The warning that's been relayed to potential shareholders is quite interesting.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/23/18637859/ufc-parent-company-endeavor-files-papers-to-go-public
    However, the form also outlined several potential risks, including the possibility of being “sued over alleged long-term neurocognitive impairment arising from concussions” as well as collective bargaining:

“There have also been efforts to unionize the MMA athletes that participate in UFC’s events. A work stoppage at one or more of our operated venues or at our promoted events could have an adverse effect on our business, financial condition and results of operations. We cannot predict the effect that a potential work stoppage would have on our business.”

It should also be noted the form included the current class action lawsuits against the UFC:

“UFC is currently named in five related class-action lawsuits filed against it alleging that UFC violated Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890 by monopolizing the alleged market for elite professional MMA athletes’ services. If we are unable to resolve these matters favorably, our business, operating results and our financial condition may be adversely affected.”

Also am I right in thinking they would have to be much more transparent about there financial situation/fighters salaries overseas/any hidden bonuses when they go public or am I way off the mark because it's only the parent company.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Also am I right in thinking they would have to be much more transparent about there financial situation/fighters salaries overseas/any hidden bonuses when they go public or am I way off the mark because it's only the parent company.
    I'd imagine that kinda of legal disclosure is pretty standard. If they get sued, the shareholders pay.

Being a public trading company means that that had a legal obligation to file financial reports. But they are very general and a set format. It wouldn't give anything close to fighter salaries or bonuses.

You can see the reports for post companys online. (10Q report)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Battle Arena's show down South was cancelled due to pressure from pretty much everyone.
    Is this ****e really over fighters not getting MRI's? It's a once off €150 there is no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭cletus

The UFC have just made UFC 1 available for free on YouTube. For any newer fans out there, it's worth a watch to see where our sport came from

https://youtu.be/Z6N1axku8QA

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

cletus wrote: »
    The UFC have just made UFC 1 available for free on YouTube. For any newer fans out there, it's worth a watch to see where our sport came from

https://youtu.be/Z6N1axku8QA

So class watching bits of that again from the crazy styles, the lack of ground game against Royce, the vicious attacks that are now illegal and the one boxing glove :) absolute class!

Cowboy Oliveira battered his wife and drove off with his baby on a motorcycle while drunk.safe to say his ufc career is over and I won't say anymore for fear of getting banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Cowboy Oliveira battered his wife and drove off with his baby on a motorcycle while drunk.safe to say his ufc career is over and I won't say anymore for fear of getting banned.

His camp have released a statement denying it

• Advertisement

His camp have released a statement denying it

According to his manager he's presenting to the police tomorrow so something happened anyway. Pity if it's true as he was a good fighter.

According to his manager he's presenting to the police tomorrow so something happened anyway. Pity if it's true as he was a good fighter.

Pretty messed up situation I'd not write him off just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They denied the police were looking for him/had a warrant out for him. But didn't actually deny that he did it. That I seen at least.

Mellor wrote: »
    They denied the police were looking for him/had a warrant out for him. But didn't actually deny that he did it. That I seen at least.

Yeah that's too what was said.

Mellor wrote: »

I should have said lawyer rather than manager by bad, from reports anyway he's due to meet the police today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Have you met Jon Jones? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Elias Theodorou and Wilson Reis have both been released by the ufc

Faber's just accepted a fight, confirmed in an interview with Dan Hardy. He also said McGregors been talking to him about it trying to push him to fight TJ.

Faber's just accepted a fight, confirmed in an interview with Dan Hardy. He also said McGregors been talking to him about it trying to push him to fight TJ.

Did you watch him on Polaris the weekend

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Elias Theodorou and Wilson Reis have both been released by the ufc

Bryan Carraway also gone.
    Did you watch him on Polaris the weekend

Nope but i seen the results, some 17 year old kid iv never heard of beat him. I'll have to look him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭cletus

Bryan Carraway also gone.

Nope but i seen the results, some 17 year old kid iv never heard of beat him. I'll have to look him up.

That 17 year old kid is Nicky Ryan, Gordon Ryan's brother, and an absolute grappling phenom

cletus wrote: »
    That 17 year old kid is Nicky Ryan, Gordon Ryan's brother, and an absolute grappling phenom

Ah class I didn't even see him name just seen an article headline referencing his age. I'll do some research later tonight thanks.

Ah class I didn't even see him name just seen an article headline referencing his age. I'll do some research later tonight thanks.

Ryan is a beast mate. Gordon is ADCC WC too.

Ryan is a beast mate. Gordon is ADCC WC too.

Ah I know who Gordon is I just didn't know he had a brother.

Ah I know who Gordon is I just didn't know he had a brother.

I haven't seen a lot on Nicky just some clips from last November that's all but huge reports on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ariel reporting yoel Romero has won 27 million in his tainted supplement case.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ariel reporting yoel Romero has won 27 million in his tainted supplement case.

Class

https://twitter.com/fightnet/status/1133473724441796609?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

America and their litigation culture is fcuking nuts. Good for Yoel though, can’t imagine we’ll see him back in the octagon after that windfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

martyos121 wrote: »
    America and their litigation culture is fcuking nuts. Good for Yoel though, can’t imagine we’ll see him back in the octagon after that windfall.

Hopefully he smashes Costa first and then enjoys his money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tim Kennedy should have sued him and the UFC after their fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement