Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Chris Weidman going up to 205. Bad idea in my opinion. He should retire. Coming off 4 bad defeats. Changing weight classes won't help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Chris Weidman going up to 205. Bad idea in my opinion. He should retire. Coming off 4 bad defeats. Changing weight classes won't help

Agreed. Bad logic.

"I'm getting sparked out cold by 185ers. I know, I'll try getting slapped by lads a stone and a half bigger and see how that goes".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Greed sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Greed sadly

Really? Some nasty defeats, granted, but he's competitive nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Greed sadly

Ah that's too easy to say. How else is he making a living? I'm no fan but he's not the worst fighter around. He's held the belt (dethroned the Spider!) and maybe thinks he can snag another one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Agreed. Bad logic.

"I'm getting sparked out cold by 185ers. I know, I'll try getting slapped by lads a stone and a half bigger and see how that goes".

Not to be pedantic but he beat Gastelum 2 fights ago. Never been the same since USADA has he. More challengers for Jones though which is good

*Quoted wrong post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not to be pedantic but he beat Gastelum 2 fights ago. Never been the same since USADA has he. More challengers for Jones though which is good

*Quoted wrong post

Only beat him after getting flattened and nearly finished again though. He should be done, there's nothing good for him sticking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sky went the same way with WWF moving it from part of the sub to PPV and you'd argue that was a more popular product then.

It was inevitable really, you can imagine it's a loser money wise for them on viewing figures and ad revenue that time of night (unless it was McGregor) so why not get a few suckers to pay for it instead.

Sky and BT have spent so much of premier league rights they can't afford to give out premium content for "free" anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just seen ad on Fb for the PPV, well lets hope it sucks ass and they drop the idea. I usually watch first thing Sunday morning on Bt.

Are Sky Ireland soon to be providing BT I remember discussion around this, my credit card changed so Eir will be coming to me soon looking for next months payment. What are others doing?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Are Sky Ireland soon to be providing BT I remember discussion around this, my credit card changed so Eir will be coming to me soon looking for next months payment. What are others doing?

I'm just waiting for confirmation of the Sky start date, then I'll be cancelling my Eir monthly sub.

• Advertisement

I get free BT sport due to my mother having Eir Broadband. Am I going to lose that with this Sky thing? Won't ever be paying for a UFC event at 3am anyway, have an IPTV setup now

I get free BT sport due to my mother having Eir Broadband. Am I going to lose that with this Sky thing? Won't ever be paying for a UFC event at 3am anyway, have an IPTV setup now

IPTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

*Quoted wrong post

Dunno why but Weidman/Jones made me instantly think of Silva/Griffin which I think would go the exact same way.

I really like Chris, I would not like to see what Jon would do to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Boards hero Ian Heinisch is fighting Brunson August 17th!

Anyone see the one card announced. Smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anyone see the one card announced. Smoking.

Love one and love Sunday morning mma!

ASOT wrote: »
    Love one and love Sunday morning mma!

Haggerty Rodtang, Alvarez and DJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jessica Andrade v Weili Zhang for the belt headlines a fight night in China on August 31st. Dafuq???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes; that's the big let-down for Eir BB subscribers. You will lose the 'Free BT' thing sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Don't expand on your IPTV setup as its usually illegal and frowned upon to give details on boards.ie.

One good thing about bt on sky would be for skyq customers to watch anywhere in the home and not on the nominated box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Autecher wrote: »
    Jessica Andrade v Weili Zhang for the belt headlines a fight night in China on August 31st. Dafuq???

Why Dafuq ?

It makes total sense , it in China and a Weili ZHang is Chinese on a 18 fight win streak and fighting for the title so why wouldn't it be a main event ,

UFC would be fools not to make that fight ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭XsApollo

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Don't expand on your IPTV setup as its usually illegal and frowned upon to give details on boards.ie.

One good thing about bt on sky would be for skyq customers to watch anywhere in the home and not on the nominated box.

If your ring Eir they will activate the mini also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Anyone know what Tony Ferguson's walkout song is?

Anyone know what Tony Ferguson's walkout song is?

"The Party has Just Begun" by Freestyle?

Why Dafuq ?

It makes total sense , it in China and a Weili ZHang is Chinese on a 18 fight win streak and fighting for the title so why wouldn't it be a main event ,

UFC would be fools not to make that fight ,
    Aye you're correct it just came out of nowhere for me. Dana said (I know) Waterson isn't getting the title fight because she is ranked too low but Zhang is ranked just one place above her. I honestly thought Andrade's first defense would be against Joanna but not to be obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Autecher wrote: »
    Aye you're correct it just came out of nowhere for me. Dana said (I know) Waterson isn't getting the title fight because she is ranked too low but Zhang is ranked just one place above her. I honestly thought Andrade's first defense would be against Joanna but not to be obviously.

In a ranking sense I get what your saying but seen as it in China she is the highest Chinese's fighter in UFC rankings and such a long unbeaten record it made finical sense for UFC to use her in the title fight,

Didn't think we'd see a championship fight on a fight night card in this new era. That'll mean an interim will have to be invented for a numbered event down the line?

Didn't think we'd see a championship fight on a fight night card in this new era. That'll mean an interim will have to be invented for a numbered event down the line?
    Very possible indeed, that was part of my surprise, that it was a Fight Night. There are already 4 belts occupied by 2 fighters which lessens the amount of defenses they can have for ppv's already.

The Khabib v Poirier press conference was on earlier. Highlights posted below.

EnormousBouncyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I just watched the start of it on youtube. I think Dustin even mentioned how quiet the room was before I got bored and turned it off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement