Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    ASOT wrote: »
    Cowboy v Gaethje September 14. Oh mama.

Good Googly Moogly someone is getting seriously hurt in this fight:eek::eek:

It's gonna be Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It's gonna be Cowboy.
    Yeah, much as I like Cowboy, Gaethje is gonna **** him up with leg/body kicks.
    If Gaethje has any sense, he'll rush Cowboy at the start, seeing as he's a notoriously slow starter. His wrestling should make sure it stays standing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cowboy got demolished by RDA about two weeks after McGregor beat Aldo at 194.

Since then McGregor has had four UFC fights. Cowboy has had 13 ffs. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

terrible fight for cowboy fighting a lad thats gonna keep coming at you, can't imagine anyone else was looking for justin though

he'll do well to get out of the first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dana has said McGregor won't be fighting this year anyway.

He should just retire IMO.

He did?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

mailburner wrote: »
    terrible fight for cowboy fighting a lad thats gonna keep coming at you, can't imagine anyone else was looking for justin though

Justin chin is going to crack very soon if he keeps fighting the way he does, iv a feeling he will beat Cowboy and fight McGregor and McGregor will ko him early ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

mailburner wrote: »

Justin chin is going to crack very soon if he keeps fighting the way he does, iv a feeling he will beat Cowboy and fight McGregor and McGregor will ko him early ,

McGregor will never take that fight, he is all about movement, won't be moving well after he takes a few Kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not a chance Conor would take that fight

He'd take the cowboy fight a lot quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Every top fighter in the lightweight division matched up now will be exiting few months. Cowboy Gathje isn't a fight I ever thought about , love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Every top fighter in the lightweight division matched up now will be exiting few months. Cowboy Gathje isn't a fight I ever thought about , love it!

No Ferguson though? Unless I missed it

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    No Ferguson though? Unless I missed it

Ya I missed him. Hopefully he's on standby for Abu Dhabi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ya I missed him. Hopefully he's on standby for Abu Dhabi

could of swore i read that felder is the stand in for khabib Vs dustin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    could of swore i read that felder is the stand in for khabib Vs dustin

Not officially but because he is the co main against Barboza he said he is going to make sure his weight is 155 in case one of the headliners pull out last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So unkranked Felder will get the nod ahead of ranked Barbosa to fight for a title?

FOH with that Dana White nonsense.

The UFC, where being a company man will get you further than your skills ever could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

So unkranked Felder will get the nod ahead of ranked Barbosa to fight for a title?

The UFC, where being a company man will get you further than your skills ever could.

No I didn’t say that. Fielder is choosing to make 155 instead of the 156 he can make for his non championship fight. Dana has said nothing about as far as I know. Maybe Tony will be on standby who knows? Fielder is also ranked 10th and is on a 4 fight win streak at lightweight compared to Barboza being seventh but on a 1 fight win streak.

Felder is ranked?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beersmith wrote: »
    Felder is ranked?!!

He really shouldn't be, definitely not in the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Autecher wrote: »
    No I didn’t say that. Fielder is choosing to make 155 instead of the 156 he can make for his non championship fight. Dana has said nothing about as far as I know. Maybe Tony will be on standby who knows? Fielder is also ranked 10th and is on a 4 fight win streak at lightweight compared to Barboza being seventh but on a 1 fight win streak.

Didn't Felder lose to Mike Perry less than a year ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Didn't Felder lose to Mike Perry less than a year ago?

That was at welterweight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Barboza cant fight for the belt if he is 156lbs. Stand in needs to make 155 just like the champ.
    Smart move from Felder tbh.

• Advertisement

That was at welterweight

Yeah and a bit of slack to him, went up a weight class at short notice and broke his arm didn't he? And it was a close fight. Defo top 15 and nearly top 10 in LW for sure. Guy comes to fight and has skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beersmith wrote: »
    Yeah and a bit of slack to him, went up a weight class at short notice and broke his arm didn't he? And it was a close fight. Defo top 15 and nearly top 10 in LW for sure. Guy comes to fight and has skills.

He’s currently ranked no. 10. Wouldn’t argue with that. But I also don’t see him climbing above Pettis, Gaethje.

Mellor wrote: »
    He’s currently ranked no. 10. Wouldn’t argue with that. But I also don’t see him climbing above Pettis, Gaethje.

Fair. Pettis doesn't fight LW anymore though so he should be taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Bautista v Son on the prelims is a fun fight right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

He really shouldn't be, definitely not in the top 10.

Great backtracking, I think anywhere ranked between 8-12 is pretty fair (defo cemented if he beats Barboza) and as others said its a smart move coming in at 155, i'm sure Barboza will do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone see Hernandez v Trinaldo?

First round or two...

ScaryUnhealthyDog-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ah that's the Jon Jones we loved to hate. He can drop the nice guy act now.

Charged with battery for putting a cocktail waitress in a chokehold in a strip club in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

....accused Jones of slapping her, pulling her down to his lap and kissing her on the neck. She also alleged that Jones put her in a choke hold and picked her up and continued to touch her after she asked him to stop.

Jones reportedly failed to show up for an arraignment for the battery charge in June and a bench warrant was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is Jones banging Holly Holm?

• Advertisement

He has it on Twitter that it's complete bull****. If there was a bench warrant for his arrest since June he'd have been arrested by now, surley?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement