Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's to accommodate Russian TV schedules. This event was originally going to be in Russia but that changed for reasons I don't know but they already had agreed to show it on Russian TV at this time so it works out well for us. Prelims start at 5, Main Card at 8.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just noticed that the main card for UFC on ESPN 5 (Lawler v Covington) kicks off at 8PM Irish Time. Any particular reason for this?

It was meant to be in Russia but that didn't go ahead for some reason. They had to move it and just decided to keep the air time the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Trump is cageside for colby 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Is anyone else really after coming around on Colby? I used to hate him but i actually quite enjoy his shtick now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Is anyone else really after coming around on Colby? I used to hate him but i actually quite enjoy his shtick now

good god no i hope robbie takes his head off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It'll be the usual even fight the Covington gets it going and them Robbie comes back and wins it. Robbie doesn't know how to win a fight handy anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I can think of few matchups in the world right now that would disappoint me more, than if Colby beats Lawler at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I don't think any fighter has ever been willed to practically murder someone as much as Robbie.
    Sacrifices to the MMA gods that he puts an immerciful beating on Colby

• Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cyborg has been released by the UFC

The Nal wrote: »
    Cyborg has been released by the UFC

what did she think was going to happen after her team edited the video to make dana look bad. Some of the stuff she put on her social media was stupid considering it was 3 or 4 years ago.

Funny how she was full of apologies after dana says she was been released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    what did she think was going to happen after her team edited the video to make dana look bad. Some of the stuff she put on her social media was stupid considering it was 3 or 4 years ago.

Funny how she was full of apologies after dana says she was been released.

They wanted to be released after years of dealing with dickheads like Dana White. Mission accomplished. They'll go to One and make more money and be treated far better.

They wanted to be released after years of dealing with dickheads like Dana White. Mission accomplished. They'll go to One and make more money and be treated far better.

Nah she would've earned a fortune from a Nunes rematch. She fúcked up badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best thing for her getting out of the ufc contract. They wanted her to sign one for 6 fights which could have been 1 fight a year, ridiculous. Now she will get possibly more and have more fights somewhere else.

Scott summed up the situation nicely with the 'goldblum staring at ****' meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Yup she will be fair better off out of the ufc , now who gets her next bellator or ONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nah she would've earned a fortune from a Nunes rematch. She fúcked up badly.

One fight a year with middling ppv figures. Dana is full of ****e. Stop quoting him as a reliable source.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Best thing for her getting out of the ufc contract. They wanted her to sign one for 6 fights which could have been 1 fight a year, ridiculous. Now she will get possibly more and have more fights somewhere else.

Scott summed up the situation nicely with the 'goldblum staring at ****' meme.

Why would it have been 1 fight a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

The UFC propaganda machine in full flow. Dana doubtless unapologetic, but doubtless other execs in WME-IMG would be fearful of any charges of bigotry or discrimination. It's the fight business alright, and all that that entails, but for them ultimately just a business.

Personally would've liked to see Cyborg go at it again with Nunes, this time with strategy adjustments. I don't know if the result ultimately would differ, but there's a potential banger in that match-up.

Also, I get the PED/ unfair advantage angle, but then I'm with Nate when he says everyone's on steroids. Or at least likely a majority are...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Because he's a lying, petty, man-child, ballbag. Mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Because he's a lying, petty, man-child, ballbag. Mainly.

This is true. Though I wonder if anti-Cyborg sentiment is more widespread in the UFC group than Dana, given their hankering for widespread appeal and a general audience. Cyborg's look unfortunately denotes all that might seem negative to the uninitiated about cage fighting.

Amanda is more monetarily palatable on almost every cynical metric you can think of. And to think of the hatchet job Dana did on her not so long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

145 isn't deep enough to get her more fights, which isn't exactly UFC's fault, hope they do away with that division now. So a 6 fight contract could last 6 years and she has stated she needs more fights for better brand recognition. This is win win for both Cyborg and UFC but typical Dana being a bollox about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I really hope Miocic flattens Cormier! Looking forward to that scrap! :D

I really hope Miocic flattens Cormier! Looking forward to that scrap! :D

never going to happen!

that 241 card is awesome

interesting stats

Covington and Usman head to head UFC stats:

Colby
    UFC fights: 11
    TD landed: 57
    TD against: 5
    Sig. Strikes landed: 596
    Sig. Strikes against: 359
    Str. Defense: 56%

Usman
    UFC fights 10
    TD landed: 42
    TD against: 0
    Sig. Strikes landed: 668
    Sig. Strikes against: 255
    Str. Defense: 57%

please make this fight happen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

But please put a cap on the trash talk. Watching them try bait each other after the fight on Sat was horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Who would Cyborg even fight in say, Bellator? She'd rip through anyone there.

Apt - Julia Budd welcomes Cyborg fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Johnny Walker fighting Corey Anderson in November. The winner will most likely face Jones but who will jones face in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Johnny Walker fighting Corey Anderson in November. The winner will most likely face Jones but who will jones face in the meantime?
    reyes maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

... but who will jones face in the meantime?

Most likely a Judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Frankie Edgar is going down to Bantamweight and wants to fight on the MSG card. Cody said recently he wants to fight around then too, I wouldn’t mind seeing that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Autecher wrote: »
    Frankie Edgar is going down to Bantamweight and wants to fight on the MSG card. Cody said recently he wants to fight around then too, I wouldn’t mind seeing that fight.

Terrible idea for Cody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement