Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beersmith wrote: »
    Terrible idea for Cody

Not really, his wrestling is very very good and so is his boxing, he could give Frankie a great scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Not really, his wrestling is very very good and so is his boxing, he could give Frankie a great scrap.
    Until he loses the head and gets knocked out.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Until he loses the head and gets knocked out.

Again.

We've only seen evidence of that against TJ who he hates with a passion. Emotionally invested. Look at the schooling he gave Dom that was calm as can be people forget that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We've only seen evidence of that against TJ who he hates with a passion. Emotionally invested. Look at the schooling he gave Dom that was calm as can be people forget that

No, it happened to him against Pedro Munhoz too. Cody got goaded into a brawl despite being the much more skilful boxer and arguably all-round fighter. He said it himself after the fight that he needs to fight smarter and with less emotion, so it’s something he’s aware of. A good sport psychologist could be the tonic for him, but I’ve only seen very limited evidence of that working in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Didn't you watch the munhoz fight? It was ridiculously wild, he doesn't have a brain, he just swings wild for a knockout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Completely forgot about the Pedro fight. I still think he's a top level fighter and could beat frankie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Cain Velasquez makes his wrestling debut. He appears 42 seconds and does stuff I didn't think he would be capable of physically. Also a hot blonde lady in revealing clothing at the start too for those who like that sort of thing.

If he can keep his cool, he's a fantastic fighter, as displayed in the Cruz fight.

He's too hot headed though and that leads to him getting into wild brawls that he doesn't have the chin for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ah come on lads, Cruz was very badly injured in that flight he hasn't looked like that in any other. Edgar is better than him everywhere. It competitive though. But a silly hard fight to take after so many recent losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beersmith wrote: »
    Ah come on lads, Cruz was very badly injured in that flight he hasn't looked like that in any other. Edgar is better than him everywhere. It competitive though. But a silly hard fight to take after so many recent losses.

No. Cruz got completely out classed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Autecher wrote: »
    Cain Velasquez makes his wrestling debut. He appears 42 seconds and does stuff I didn't think he would be capable of physically. Also a hot blonde lady in revealing clothing at the start too for those who like that sort of thing.

Surprising stuff from him alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looking forward to Saturday. My favourite fighter of the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Does Frankie have the power to punish Cody?

I know he flatlined Mended, but in general Frankie isn't known for throwing powershots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Just noticed UFC 241 is free on bt sport 1. is that due to the sky deal or was the 240 ppv that bad that they scrapped the ppv model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Only select numbered PPVs will be on PPV in the UK and Ireland.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Spoilers!!

Please avoid posting anything remotely resembling a spoiler in this thread

Thread title updated

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Presumably spoiler tags are ok?

Usually I'd post it in the event thread, but there wasn't one.
    Mike Perry v Vicente Luque :eek: Barnburner.
    Two tough bastards. I actually think Perry edged it personally. Despite the re-arranged broken nose. That was from a single knee, so I don't weigh it too heavily. And it was pushed further sideways by Perry escaping the guillotine I think.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mellor wrote: »

Certainly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Mellor wrote: »

Mike Perry v Vicente Luque :eek: Barnburner.
    Two tough bastards. I actually think Perry edged it personally. Despite the re-arranged broken nose. That was from a single knee, so I don't weigh it too heavily. And it was pushed further sideways by Perry escaping the guillotine I think.

Good scrap, pair of sluggers.

I was shocked at
    how terrible Latifi's performance was

interesting interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How heavy is he sparring? He looks battered

rob316 wrote: »

i thought that as well one black eye and a cut under the other

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rob316 wrote: »

Too hard if hes claiming himself and Jon Jones are the best about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The Nal wrote: »

I LoLed at that

The Nal wrote: »
    That's standard Diaz talk, always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

This weekends card on bt or bt ppv?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    This weekends card on bt or bt ppv?

Its not ppv, next ppv is Khabib vs Poirier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

****ing BT. A man isnt capturing many good prizes on the high seas if ya known what I mean.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I watched the first half of that interview and while I really like Nate he sure can whinge

• Advertisement

anyone know where i can watch the espn e60 on DC? seen loads of reports on how good it was

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement