Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I don't like Khabib

How’s things Conor?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

From now on if you are going to post about an event that is on over the weekend only do so in an event thread - if there is none then go create one.

It was expected that common sense would come into play using spoiler tags but clearly not when people write posts that give away the outcome of the fight regardless of the spoiler tags. So spoiler tags or no spoiler tags event talk is to only go in a dedicated event thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Axwell wrote: »
    From now on if you are going to post about an event that is on over the weekend only do so in an event thread - if there is none then go create one.

It was expected that common sense would come into play using spoiler tags but clearly not when people write posts that give away the outcome of the fight regardless of the spoiler tags. So spoiler tags or no spoiler tags event talk is to only go in a dedicated event thread!

Sorry about asking in thread, but i can't see the feedback thread anymore. Could we have a general fight night thread? The numbered events are fine with their own, but fight night threads seem to die on page one. It will save the spoilers, as nobody wants to start threads that won't get any replies (the one for the fight night in China is a prime example).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I so want to see Tony vs Khabib. Tony will beat him handy I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

derfderf wrote: »
    Sorry about asking in thread, but i can't see the feedback thread anymore. Could we have a general fight night thread? The numbered events are fine with their own, but fight night threads seem to die on page one. It will save the spoilers, as nobody wants to start threads that won't get any replies (the one for the fight night in China is a prime example).

Yeah let's see how it goes with a dedicated thread for Fight Night Events - main thing is no spoilers in the General thread, the few posts the other day had spoiler tags and still gave away the result which is not on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cyborg has signed to bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dashoonage wrote: »

Thats a shame. Would've loved to see Nunes 2. Cyborg will tear Bellator up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

dashoonage wrote: »
    To the surprise of no one. Coker was all over her soon as she left the UFC.
    This will be good for her, being away from the goof and making decent money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Tony Ferg was speaking to Ariel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2mjgHErpY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Cyborg will make mincemeat of Bellator. Who will she even fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Diaz vs masvidal confirmed as headliners for Ufc 244 in New York

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Special BMF belt for the winner as confirmed by Dana :pac:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1170329147505352704?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nowhere for McGregor to hide now. Proves you don't have to fight for a belt to main event a Ufc ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surely it's for interim welterweight.

Zero **** to give about what belt for. It could be for a belt from Penny's ffs. Just let them throw down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Post edited - spread some fake news by accident.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Plus, Woodley vs Covington for the interim title.

Pointless. Totally pointless

Source ? Cant see that anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Plus, Woodley vs Covington for the interim title.

Pointless. Totally pointless

Where did you hear that? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

I call wolf tickets. :)

• Advertisement

Apologies guys, got forwarded onto me on WhatsApp and turns out it was fake. Thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Nowhere for McGregor to hide now. Proves you don't have to fight for a belt to main event a Ufc ppv.
    What do you mean to hide?
    There was never a rule that a main event had to be a title fight

Mellor wrote: »
    What do you mean to hide?
    There was never a rule that a main event had to be a title fight

Plus, McGregor has headlined a PPV vs Diaz where there was no belt on the line. Pointless to bring CMG into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's definitely the preference for obvious reasons, but the McGregor/Diaz type fighters are the exception, do "hide behind" makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Diaz probably been paid so much he has to headline and masvidal deserves a ppv main event too.
    UFC firmly getting behind Nate now, white said after the last fight he's a needle mover.

Plus, McGregor has headlined a PPV vs Diaz where there was no belt on the line. Pointless to bring CMG into it.

It's just so we all know he doesn't like him, probably hasn't told anyone in about 3 minutes and felt the need.

I see Covington has layed into Masvidal a bit over all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ricero wrote:
    Diaz vs masvidal confirmed as headliners for Ufc 244 in New York
    Disappoints me that I won't get to watch one of Nate's fights but on principle I won't watch this. No way I'm supporting anything that Mazvidal is involved in after his disgusting behaviour in his last fight.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Disappoints me that I won't get to watch one of Nate's fights but on principle I won't watch this. No way I'm supporting anything that Mazvidal is involved in after his disgusting behaviour in his last fight.

I'd hardly call it disgusting..

Apparently Dana said there'd be a BMF belt made for it, that'd be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

How does one go about buying tickets for ufc244?

• Advertisement

Macdarack wrote: »
    How does one go about buying tickets for ufc244?

Off ufc.com when they go on sale , it will be through Ticketmaster.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement