Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

eagle eye wrote: »
    Disappoints me that I won't get to watch one of Nate's fights but on principle I won't watch this. No way I'm supporting anything that Mazvidal is involved in after his disgusting behaviour in his last fight.

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

rob316 wrote: »
    What did he do?

Acted like a dick for 10 seconds to a guy, who'd acted like a way bigger dick for about 6 months. Criminal in some people's eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

rob316 wrote: »
    What did he do?

Celebrated his record setting win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

dulux99 wrote: »
    Acted like a dick for 10 seconds to a guy, who'd acted like a way bigger dick for about 6 months. Criminal in some people's eyes.

Ben even said he deserved it :pac:

How dare he!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mazvadal has boasted on a podcast before how he loved to sucker punch people in street fights, he is a scummy cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mazvadal has boasted on a podcast before how he loved to sucker punch people in street fights, he is a scummy cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dana should have let mc Gregor fight masvidal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Ha! That's fantastic!
    Chuck Mindenhall wrote a good article about the BMF belt too (on The Athletic) and as usual he nailed it. https://theathletic.com/1193509/2019/09/08/what-does-the-bmf-title-really-mean-for-ufc-244-that-fun-exists-in-this-dojo/
    Behind paywall, but it's all about bringing the fun back to MMA and remembering how "Diaz might’ve been the master behind the controls all along".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

While the guy was lying on the ground unconscious, thats the problem people have, and you just conveniently left out

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

While the guy was lying on the ground unconscious, thats the problem people have, and you just conveniently left out
    Yeah out cold, could have been in seriously bad shape and that scrote dances around him.
    He is clearly a lowlife, probably lucky he isn't in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Yeah out cold, could have been in seriously bad shape and that scrote dances around him.

love watching the guy fight but have to agree with that.
    I would love to see Diaz win that bout though I think masvidal will myself.

Man talks a big game, gets knocked out, other guy is happy he knocked him out.

There is loads of respect between alot of opponents but askren prefers to talk endless ****, so to quote the great Jamie Vardy "chat **** get banged".

I fail to see the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Talk all that good stuff and eventually it catches up with you. Do you think bisping would rather have had Henderson dance over him or drop that last right hand onto him while he was out stiff on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

For dancing?

Ben Askren had absolutely zero problem with how Masvidal acted. He laughed, and said "yeah I probably deserved that".

If the man himself wasn't offended, nobody else should be. He brought this on himself, which he acknowledges.

Ben Askren had absolutely zero problem with how Masvidal acted. He laughed, and said "yeah I probably deserved that".

If the man himself wasn't offended, nobody else should be. He brought this on himself, which he acknowledges.
    Totally disagree. If Koscheck had been ok with Daley's cheap shot would that make it ok? Of course it wouldn't

Totally disagree. If Koscheck had been ok with Daley's cheap shot would that make it ok? Of course it wouldn't

You're comparing apples and oranges. One is actually illegal, and not just in a sporting sense. He could have been arrested for that. The other is wildly different.

You're comparing apples and oranges. One is actually illegal, and not just in a sporting sense. He could have been arrested for that. The other is wildly different.

What about the Rangers fan taunting Scott Brown about his dead sister? If Brown doesn't complain then it's fine? I mean Brown brings it on himself with his winding up of Rangers players and fans doesn't he

• Advertisement

What about the Rangers fan taunting Scott Brown about his dead sister? If Brown doesn't complain then it's fine? I mean Brown brings it on himself with his winding up of Rangers players and fans doesn't he

Haha, wow. If you're resorting to this then I think you know your argument is weak.

Sorry but that's not even remotely similar to what Masvidal did.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Sorry but that's not even remotely similar to what Masvidal did.

"If the man himself wasn't offended, nobody else should be."

That's what I disagreed with, we can think someone's a lowlife based on their actions

Haha, wow. If you're resorting to this then I think you know your argument is weak.

That's what I disagreed with, we can think someone's a lowlife based on their actions
    We can, I just don't see celebrating after knocking out a troll that was needling him for months as scummy.

Hendo's Hendobomb on Bisping after he knew he was out cold, yes.
    Bisping spitting at his opponents corner after the win, yes.

In this instance, this is the logic that should be followed. In this classic world of whataboutery everyone tries to compare one scenario to another. It's stupid. There's such thing as nuance and logic to differentiate different situations, which is quite lost on you it seems.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    We can, I just don't see celebrating after knocking out a troll that was needling him for months as scummy.

Hendo's Hendobomb on Bisping after he knew he was out cold, yes.
    Bisping spitting at his opponents corner after the win, yes.

'celebrating' isn't remotely similar to what Masvidal did, taunting a man who's clearly unconscious isn't the same as how every other fighter celebrates

'celebrating' isn't remotely similar to what Masvidal did, taunting a man who's clearly unconscious isn't the same as how every other fighter celebrates
    We'll have to agree to disagree so, neither of us will see the others point.

In this instance, this is the logic that should be followed. In this classic world of whataboutery everyone tries to compare one scenario to another. It's stupid. There's such thing as nuance and logic to differentiate different situations, which is quite lost on you it seems.

Look you are the one here who is trying to tell everyone else what they can find scummy. The point of the different scenarios is to see if you get there is a line that can be crossed.. now it seems that you do.. now you need to get that not everyone draws the line where you do

• Advertisement

Look you are the one here who is trying to tell everyone else what they can find scummy. The point of the different scenarios is to see if you get there is a line that can be crossed.. now it seems that you do.. now you need to get that not everyone draws the line where you do

That's fair. You found it deplorable, I didn't. No harm done. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement