Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

What Masvidal did to Edwards was a lot worse than what he did to Askren

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's fair. You found it deplorable, I didn't. No harm done. :)

:thumbsup:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Sorry but that's not even remotely similar to what Masvidal did.

It’s not remotely similar. But that’s not the point.
    What Masvidal did was either ok, or it wasn’t. People should have their own opinion, whatever that was.

The fact Askren was ok with it should be irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone subscribed to The Athletic?

Took the plunge a few weeks ago and must say it's excellent. Few fairly big names on board for the MMA coverage - Chuck Mindenhall, Ben Fowlkes, Josh Gross, Shaheen Al-Shatti. Plenty of articles posted daily and also two dedicated weekly podcasts on MMA. It helps I'm also a big fan of football and some of the american sports so definitely get my value for money. Interested to see if anyone else on here uses it and how they're finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor wrote: »
    It’s not remotely similar. But that’s not the point.
    What Masvidal did was either ok, or it wasn’t. People should have their own opinion, whatever that was.

The fact Askren was ok with it should be irrelevant.

I've conceded to riff having a different opinion, that's not an issue. But comparing it to that was a bit of a stretch, that's what I was commenting on.
    All good in the hood anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Took the plunge a few weeks ago and must say it's excellent. Few fairly big names on board for the MMA coverage - Chuck Mindenhall, Ben Fowlkes, Josh Gross, Shaheen Al-Shatti. Plenty of articles posted daily and also two dedicated weekly podcasts on MMA. It helps I'm also a big fan of football and some of the american sports so definitely get my value for money. Interested to see if anyone else on here uses it and how they're finding it?

If you're on Three PAYG you can use you credit to pay for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very good, signed up too for the football but some good MMA content too. Its like 2 quid a month, a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Would absolutely watch. People act like Conor is some washed up bum but even in the Khabib fight he performed pretty well all things considered. Better than Dustin did to be honest, much better takedown defence (though Dustin came closer to a win with the sub).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dustin to end the washed up bum that is Conor McGregor of 2019

• Advertisement

Yes be a good fight, he's a big DP compared to who he fought before too. McGregor will struggle though if he can't put him away inside 2 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Why's he talking like Dr Dre? "Bro" ... "Motherf*cker"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Landed some tickets for the fight night this weekend.

Will be my first UFC event, delighted I get to see Cerrone in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Gintonious wrote: »
    Landed some tickets for the fight night this weekend.

Will be my first UFC event, delighted I get to see Cerrone in action.

Good stuff. Tip for you - make sure you're at the seats for the video package between prelims and main card. Nothing gets me more excited, no matter how many times I've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Good stuff. Tip for you - make sure you're at the seats for the video package between prelims and main card. Nothing gets me more excited, no matter how many times I've seen it.

Agreed. That music...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ShaneSweeney

Anyone thinking of heading to MSG for UFC 244.
    In NYC that weekend but reckon tickets will go like hot cakes

As long as you have your fight club presale you be grand. If you don't, fuggedaboutit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Cheers pal, will post updates after the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I am! But I haven't a notion how to go about it, something there about signing up to presale.

Macdarack wrote: »
    I am! But I haven't a notion how to go about it, something there about signing up to presale.

I'm also trying to apply for an esta, another pain in the hole.

I'm also trying to apply for an esta, another pain in the hole.

You need a fight club membership which will give you access to the presale. There is generally absolutely nothing in the general sale.

rob316 wrote: »
    You need a fight club membership which will give you access to the presale. There is generally absolutely nothing in the general sale.

When you join fight club, do they give a countdown or notice of when presale tickets go on sale?

When you join fight club, do they give a countdown or notice of when presale tickets go on sale?

Ya login into it a couple days before there's a unique presale code you enter into the Ticketmaster site.

Ya login into it a couple days before there's a unique presale code you enter into the Ticketmaster site.

Yeah thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the fight club membership for peace of mind. It’s either that or else go with a tour operator via package and pay over and above. Tickets going to be steep enough as it is. Atleast Tis a nice incentive to try and attend more live instead of once a year

Yeah once you buy the fight club membership and login to your account, unique presale code will be there Tuesday and take you to ticketmaster then. Presale be starting Wednesday of next week bud.

Yeah thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the fight club membership for peace of mind. It’s either that or else go with a tour operator via package and pay over and above. Tickets going to be steep enough as it is. Atleast Tis a nice incentive to try and attend more live instead of once a year

You have to get the fight club I've never gotten tickets without and I've never been without tickets with it. Between a few people it's a fraction of what your going to spend anyway.

• Advertisement

You have to get the fight club I've never gotten tickets without and I've never been without tickets with it. Between a few people it's a fraction of what your going to spend anyway.

Exactly. Gonna wait till Monday to get as long as out of it. Will be buzzing once the tickets are got please god. Thanks a mill for the help bud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement