Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

US2 wrote: »
    Royler is it.?
    Yeah Royler, he would have been better, he just got caught. Although Eddie Eddie was better in the rematch.
    VW 1 wrote: »
    How strong is Eddie's game? Was he elite before injuries or is he just a good teacher and sales person?

He did a good job at branding and positioning his business. But I’d still consider him elite. He is very good at jiu jitsu. He’s not Marcelo good. But virtually nobody is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

I love BJJ, and watch some matches online of tonin and the gracies, Lovato but without doing it, a lot of the transitions and knowing what to do and defend etc, it's hard to truly hard to get.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1228368525796036608?s=20

The athletic commission announced Nataniel Wood's weight at 136.8 (over weight). Luckily Brad Picket was there to show him how to read the thing.

I assume the UFC had the commission paid off because Woods voted for Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Mellor wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1228368525796036608?s=20

The athletic commission announced Nataniel Wood's weight at 136.8 (over weight). Luckily Brad Picket was there to show him how to read the thing.

I assume the UFC had the commission paid off because Woods voted for Fine Gael

The difference between the digital scales they brought in few years ago tells you everything they switched back to the stone age model fairly quick.

Very few people know the last ufc was moved to Texas cos Jones couldnt pass a drug test. UFC is a circus at times4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Diego Sanchezs performance was just, weird.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Nal wrote: »
    Diego Sanchezs performance was just, weird.

Even at his most normal, Diego Sanchez is pretty weird. He seemed weirder than usual though.

Auckland card starts at 9 next week, main card at 12. Pity it's so ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Auckland card starts at 9 next week, main card at 12. Pity it's so ****e

9pm & Midnight? Nice lead in to the boxing if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Poor Johny Hendricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭cletus

Looks like a a systema video

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

FTFY
    ASOT wrote: »
    This explains alot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

This explains alot

That was quick ^^^ I thought I could delete the broken one without anyone seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭cletus

Why was he standing on that woman's leg?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cletus wrote: »
    Why was he standing on that woman's leg?

That wasn't even the stupidest part of the video.

Guessing this guy will be on mcdojo life by the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Frank Mir coming to Cork on March 1st for fight con and is doing a seminar in SBG Cork City. Got tickets for both should be a great weekend of knowledge bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rob316 wrote: »
    Frank Mir coming to Cork on March 1st for fight con and is doing a seminar in SBG Cork City. Got tickets for both should be a great weekend of knowledge bombs.

Frank Mir was my favourite fighter when i first started watching mma bit i couldn't listen to him talk. That fight con thing looks to have some good names attached but no idea how it will play out.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Frank Mir was my favourite fighter when i first started watching mma bit i couldn't listen to him talk. That fight con thing looks to have some good names attached but no idea how it will play out.

I got an early bird ticket which was €40 I think, so pretty good value with all the meet and greets included. Look forward to the seminar, sharing a mat with a former UFC champ doesn't come around often. I love that era of the UFC, pure brawlers yet Frank was so technical for a HW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Got tickets for fight con as well.

No idea what it will be like really but with Ben, Wonderboy and Mir it was too tempting.

How would one get tickets for UFC dublin any hope of getting them in general sale ?

How would one get tickets for UFC dublin any hope of getting them in general sale ?

I'd say absolutely none without a fight club membership

If anybody has fight club and wants to help me get 2 tickets please help. Not on sale till june I see

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

It will be a crap card anyway thb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Only about half way through this but it confirms what we all knew, Diego's 'coach' is a charlatan, snake oil salesman, all round ****. The brazenness to go on radio/podcast for 45 minutes and spew nonsense is both staggering and slightly envious (telling a few semi truths in an interview makes me uncomfortable). Diego already had all of his money taken from him by a shady advisor/friend, looks like this guy has him as well. His future after fighting will be sad and a downward spiral.

Most questions lead to a two minute stream of nonsense from the 'coach'. Painful that people can get taken by these ****ing leaches.
    I think Luke wanted to jump in on some of it but letting a fool like this hang himself with the nonsense he says is the best way to show him for what he is.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Diego's 'coach' is a charlatan, snake oil salesman, all round ****.

Coach, trainer, manager, physical therapist, nutritionist...

...aka I'm collecting multiple paycheques.

Also, "job for which people have occupational titles"... they probably also have occupational qualifications too mate :rolleyes:

He didn't have one qualified martial arts coach in his corner in his last 2 fights, its insane.

He was giving out about the UFC leaking his corner chat with Diego, Ariel had to point out to him its broadcasted live you can see with your own 2 eyes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Chris Weidman is going to face Jack Hermansson at 185 in the main event in OKC on May 2

Not signed yet but close to being done as reported by Brett Okamoto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Jaysus that cringefest was tough to listen to. It's surely the MMA equivalent of the Prince Andrew interview. We suspected beforehand that he was in over his head as an mma coach, but now there can be little doubt that the man is an utter loon. But in a disturbing rather than an amusing way. I don't think I have ever heard someone talk so much and yet say so little. His answers at times were mere word salad - like I understood every individual word that he said, but the way he almost randomly assembled them into sentences conveyed absolutely nothing to my mind. I am amazed that Luke kept a straight face throughout. In fact I am actually disappointed that he didn't challenge him a little more robustly on some of the utter donkey excrement that he was spewing. In particular I wish he had called him out on his ludicrous assertion that Sanchez won the first round. That's surely something that can be objectively shown to be wrong, regardless of opinions to the contrary.

After watching his "training" videos, seeing his "padawan" getting destroyed repeatedly, listening to him rail against the mma community and their failure to acknowledge his genius as a coach and now finally this, I truly don't know whether he is a total conman or a delusional narcissistic maniac who actually believes what is coming out of his own mouth. I almost hope its the former, because the latter is a pretty scary proposition, especially when you see the control and influence he seems to have over Diegos mind. Either way as a coach he makes Tarverdyan look like a genius.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement