Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are tonight prelim not meant to be at 7pm on Bt sport? I'm seeing them in the guide for 10pm but that's when the main card is according to UFC.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Are tonight prelim not meant to be at 7pm on Bt sport? I'm seeing them in the guide for 10pm but that's when the main card is according to UFC.com

Fight pass prelims are now then bt2 at 8pm for the normal prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

dave1982 wrote: »
    Nevada commission having emergency meeting today

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1238925090001051649

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

UFC 249 is safe. For now...

The new York commission already cancelled Mick Conlons fight so 249 will not be happening, especially if they can't move it to Apex.

• Advertisement

UFC 249 is safe. For now...

No chance it'll go ahead

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/nyregion/coronavirus-nyc-event-ban.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ASOT wrote: »
    The new York commission already cancelled Mick Conlons fight so 249 will not be happening, especially if they can't move it to Apex.

I think it will probably be moved there also. They haven't announced anything as it's a little further off. Being very optimistic

I think it will probably be moved there also. They haven't announced anything as it's a little further off. Being very optimistic

The NSAC have suspended all events in Vegas so they won't be able to move it there.

The NSAC have suspended all events in Vegas so they won't be able to move it there.

Only until March 25th, doesn't effect any upcoming UFC events

• Advertisement

Only until March 25th, doesn't effect any upcoming UFC events

Id bet my life on it getting extended. I hope it doesn't bit this all just won't go away in two weeks.

Its gonna be months not weeks until things go back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

From Helwani

505663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dana White needs to be jailed until we are clear of covid-19. He clearly doesn't care about anything but money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lets be honest with the lack of sport availible if the Ufc was to go ahead with Ufc 249 it would do massive box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ricero wrote:
    Lets be honest with the lack of sport availible if the Ufc was to go ahead with Ufc 249 it would do massive box office.
    Yeah, money, money, money. Let's not worry about world health!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, money, money, money. Let's not worry about world health!!!

Oh I am in no means in favour of this but I reckon thats what Dana and the Ufc top brass are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Edwards posted this on Instagram

ETK6MNsX0AUvMFE?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Colby looking fight Woodley instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

There is a Cage Warriors event (currently) on this weekend in London. They are looking to take some of the cancelled UFC fights into their card.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/ufc-london-john-phillips-vs-dusko-todorovic-added-to-cage-warriors-113/amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Fair balls to Leon Edwards. Absolutely right choice in respect of his team and their families etc. Must have been a heartbreaker. Not to mention doubtless stupid pressure from White/UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

God bless Dana White for not giving up. What a treat it would be to see Covington v Woodley next weekend, itd do big numbers too with the lack of any live sport on around the world

US2 wrote: »
    God bless Dana White for not giving up. What a treat it would be to see Covington v Woodley next weekend, itd do big numbers too with the lack of any live sport on around the world

I'd imagine that's the main motivation behind it, with nothing on it should in theory do mental numbers

The next three events have been postponed.

I really can't see 249 going ahead either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

US2 wrote: »

**** Dana White.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The next three events have been postponed.

I really can't see 249 going ahead either.

Tony v Khabib really is cursed. The MMA gods gave us Corona virus for daring to make that fight for a fifth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Current date for 249 is right before Ramadan. If it slides out at all. It will push to July or August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1239675938607992832

edit. i see its here on instagram from a day ago, but i can only see the picture not the text/comment.
    maybe you need an account/ to be logged in?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9vYOhLJlsc/

edit again, i saw the most recent comments, but didnt have a scroll bar to go to the top, tried to copy a comments text, scrolled too far up, and got to the original comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1239675938607992832

edit. i see its here on instagram from a day ago, but i can only see the picture not the text/comment.
    maybe you need an account/ to be logged in?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9vYOhLJlsc/
    Commnets are on the right side.
    Dana White on the Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson fight scheduled on April 18 ... “That fight will happen. It will go on. The fans are all freaking out about that, do not worry. Khabib vs. Tony will happen.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

HGrxHWs.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement