Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

clsmooth wrote: »
    That’d be good. Can’t believe Khabib bottled it again.

Bottled it lol.

Wheres McGregor I thought he said he would be ready for April 18th ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

ricero wrote: »
    Bottled it lol.

Wheres McGregor I thought he said he would be ready for April 18th ?

I think it's going to be Mcgregor to be honest. Dana will want it very badly. Conor can force the rematch with Khabib by beating Tony. The PPV would sell twice as well due to it being the only sporting event on during the pandemic and Conor being attached. And to be fair to Conor (I got carded for calling him a scumbag after his last PPV) he appears to actually have been training for this.

Why lol? A pandemic that has turned the world upside down is his fault?!

Nonsense. He could and should have stayed put until things were sorted, 100% everything good to go, none of this "99% in X, Y or Z location". He knew that leaving before such a situation would result in the fight being called off and he could cower behind the Coronavirus.

Not the first time he has ducked Ferguson and hopefully it's the last time he gets a chance to.

His record is padded with plumbers and plasterers for a reason.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nonsense. He could and should have stayed put until things were sorted, 100% everything good to go, none of this "99% in X, Y or Z location". He knew that leaving before such a situation would result in the fight being called off and he could cower behind the Coronavirus.

Not the first time he has ducked Ferguson and hopefully it's the last time he gets a chance to.

His record is padded with plumbers and plasterers for a reason.

Ah come on, no one has any clue what borders, events or flights are possible even a week from now. The whole thing should have just been called off like every other responsible sport is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

The card was never gonna happen, I cant believe people actually believed Dana that it would

• Advertisement

Ah come on, no one has any clue what borders, events or flights are possible even a week from now. The whole thing should have just been called off like every other responsible sport is doing

I don't disagree, it should have, but Dana has been very bullish about the fighting happening somewhere.

A venue hadn't been 100% sorted so to travel abroad, for the sake of a few days until something is confirmed (either way), is nonsense. He saw his out and he took it.

If people want to buy his reasoning for jet-setting across the globe, by all means do, but I surely don't.

Ferguson has been the best lightweight for yonks and is denied his more than well earned shot by Khabib ducking off, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Lads, look at this for a record.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nathan-Thompson-49754

Then I thought - wonder about the people he's actually beaten, pure flukes, or....

Then I saw this gem

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/John-Spencer-141421

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Homelander wrote: »
    Lads, look at this for a record.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nathan-Thompson-49754

Then I thought - wonder about the people he's actually beaten, pure flukes, or....

Then I saw this gem

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/John-Spencer-141421

Neither of them have ever made it past the first round. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

eagle eye wrote: »
    Notl, but he went back to Russia only a week ago knowing he would have to self-isolate for seven days. I'm sure he knew that travel was about to be restricted too.
    Maybe he just wanted to go home to self isolate like the rest of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I think it's going to be Mcgregor to be honest. Dana will want it very badly. Conor can force the rematch with Khabib by beating Tony. The PPV would sell twice as well due to it being the only sporting event on during the pandemic and Conor being attached. And to be fair to Conor (I got carded for calling him a scumbag after his last PPV) he appears to actually have been training for this.

Conor ain't going anywhere sure he wants the borders closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,378 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gamb!t wrote:
    Maybe he just wanted to go home to self isolate like the rest of the people.
    Think what you like but it's been very evident for a long time that he wants no part of Ferguson and will take whatever course is necessary to avoid him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You know, just cause you keep repeating something doesn't make it so.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Think what you like but it's been very evident for a long time that he wants no part of Ferguson and will take whatever course is necessary to avoid him.
    TF has pulled out 3 times of the 5 scheduled fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some people are still salty after Khabib totally dominated the golden goose

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gamb!t wrote: »

TF pulled twice and Khabib had pulled twice,

Khabib was injured for one and ended up in hospital cutting weight in one,

Now this time its Khabib who can't make it for whatever reason , so 3-2 Khabib

Honestly id wonder about Khabib always going back to Dagestan does he get tested there ? Nearly all of his camp there have popped at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So of their 5 scheduled fights:
    October 15th, 2015: Khabib pulls out with an injury. AKA is known for constant injuries with their stupid training methods.
    April 5th, 2016: Tony pulls out due to fluid and blood collecting in his lungs.
    March 3rd, 2017: Khabib pulls out to to kidney issues from weight cutting.
    April 1st, 2018: Tony pulls out due to tearing the ligaments in his knee.
    April 2020: Khabib flies home from UAE, where it was rumoured the fight would take place, after they announce they're closing their borders due to Covid-19. Russia also announces the same when he gets there, so he's at least home with his family, rather than stranded in another country for god knows how long.

Yeah, definitely ducking him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I doubt Khabib is ducking him, but if he really wanted this fight to happen there was no need to fly out to Abu Dhabi a month before the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

derfderf wrote: »
    I doubt Khabib is ducking him, but if he really wanted this fight to happen there was no need to fly out to Abu Dhabi a month before the fight.

Dana white apparently told him that where the was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Goddamnit again? I just wanted to see Ferguson rid the UFC of Khabib the same way Fury rid heavyweight boxing for the Klitschkos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gillespy wrote: »
    Goddamnit again? I just wanted to see Ferguson rid the UFC of Khabib the same way Fury rid heavyweight boxing for the Klitschkos.

Fury never fought Vitali.

Wladimir subsequently fought AJ in a brilliant fight.

But yeah, Fury rid heavyweight boxing of the Klitschkos alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,378 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gamb!t wrote:
    At least have your facts right if you are going to make a factual statement.

Neither of them are afraid of the other, such nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mcgregor is afraid of them both. There. I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Im not a Conor fan at all but Im not a Khabib one either,
    I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like , The incidents with the homeless man , Cornering Artem with his team , his manger Ali , loads of examples ,

Anyway I thought Tony missed a huge chance to get under his skin when they where talking about the street fight ,
    Khabib was already getting flustered and upset but if Tony had of been sharp enough to say " sure you hide on the bus from McGregor " Khabib would have really lost his **** ,

Id love to see Tony become the champ hes as mad as a box of frogs, he reminds me of the jock in a bad 80's highschool movie ,

Im not a Conor fan at all but Im not a Khabib one either,
    I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like , The incidents with the homeless man , Cornering Artem with his team , his manger Ali , loads of examples ,

Anyway I thought Tony missed a huge chance to get under his skin when they where talking about the street fight ,
    Khabib was already getting flustered and upset but if Tony had of been sharp enough to say " sure you hide on the bus from McGregor " Khabib would have really lost his **** ,

Id love to see Tony become the champ hes as mad as a box of frogs, he reminds me of the jock in a bad 80's highschool movie ,

This never gets talked about but is definitely a level of scumbag behaviour that is hard to wash away. I wonder what Khabib thinks should happen to gay people, considering him and his team seem to think women shouldn't even be allowed to fight in MMA I'd say he would dodge that question faster than he would Tony Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cormier posted masdival usman both agree to fight on April 18..thats a good fight

I'm starting to think khabib Tony is jinxed for reason maybe some one of um really hurt or worse if they did fight

Usman destroys Masvidal imo, honestly don't think it would be competitive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This never gets talked about but is definitely a level of scumbag behaviour that is hard to wash away. I wonder what Khabib thinks should happen to gay people, considering him and his team seem to think women shouldn't even be allowed to fight in MMA I'd say he would dodge that question faster than he would Tony Ferguson.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/6/18213845/ufc-champ-khabib-nurmagomedov-poses-ramzan-kadyrov-gay-purge-reports-mma-crime-dictator

xtal191 wrote: »

Agreed. But then again I lost money on Usman vs Woodley thinking the exact same thing and it turned out to not be competitive in the other direction. It would be a great fight either way.

:eek:
    Never seen that. Makes my hatred of Conor seem misguided. Very hard to root for Khabib if that rematch were to ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

xtal191 wrote: »

not sure about destroying him but it would be a handy points win imo

not really a match up that would interest me, masvidal at lw v tony on the other hand :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement