Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jon plead guilty, got 4 days house arrest and community service. Says he takes full responsibility and has some personal work to do with his bad relationship with alcohol.

4 days house arrest.... during a lockdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jon plead guilty, got 4 days house arrest and community service. Says he takes full responsibility and has some personal work to do with his bad relationship with alcohol.

He only got done for the dwi also, all other charges dropped.

His statement was a load of bollox too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like
    A lot of shiitty actions are hidden by religion.

Another opinion is they are caused by religion in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Agreed. But then again I lost money on Usman vs Woodley thinking the exact same thing and it turned out to not be competitive in the other direction. It would be a great fight either way.

:eek:
    Never seen that. Makes my hatred of Conor seem misguided. Very hard to root for Khabib if that rematch were to ever happen.

Well there's stuff alleged about Conor that we can't mention that wouldn't make it so misguided.. wouldn't be a fan of either anymore tbh and they won't get a penny out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Zero-Cool wrote: »

How can he get off that easily.
    Guy must have some serious connections working on his behalf.

Twice the drinking limit firing a gun and they donate him a plea deal where he keeps his license, gets a $500 fine and 48 hours community service.
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Neither of them are afraid of the other, such nonsense

Good to see someone talking sense. So ridiculous when fat lads on Facebook are saying fighters are afraid and pussies etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

As in previous posts I do think Khabib is a bit of a scumbag but one thing I will say for Khabib is that if your from or living in that region and Ramzan Kadyrov calls for a meeting its virtually impossible to say no
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle for your family or you to make your true feelings know about him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

As in previous posts I do think Khabib is a bit of a scumbag but one thing I will say for Khabib is that if your from or living in that region and Ramzan Kadyrov calls for a meeting its virtually impossible to say no
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle for your family or you to make your true feelings know about him ,

Agree with this sure that Ramzan Kadyrov fella is always hanging out with other mma fighters/boxers and athletes, its not just Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What the hell does be going on in that gym :p

https://twitter.com/sineadkavanagh0/status/1245307450955313152

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

What the hell does be going on in that gym :p

https://twitter.com/sineadkavanagh0/status/1245307450955313152
    Sounds like an average BJJ session

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Dana White seems to have confirmed Conor stepping in against Ferguson. April fools or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭monty_python

Dana White seems to have confirmed Conor stepping in against Ferguson. April fools or not?

Where did you read that? I call BS on it

Where did you read that? I call BS on it

https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-news-official-conor-mcgregor-agrees-to-fight-tony-ferguson-at-ufc-249/

and i agree, stinks of april fools

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Come on like..........

** just saw your edit ha

Of course it's April Fools!!

Essentially Sports breaking the news ha

callaway92 wrote: »
    Come on like..........

** just saw your edit ha

Of course it's April Fools!!

Essentially Sports breaking the news ha

weirdly, when i saw this pop up on my phone, it comes with a tweet from Dana saying it's on which is why i looked at it originally, which wasn't there when i copied the link on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Even if Khabib is able to travel, there's still 2.5 weeks of pressure that'll come down on top of Dana and the UFC to cancel everything. Just can't see it going ahead at all.

Plus, bear in mind what day it is.

Khabib confirms the fight is officially cancelled
    https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/khabib-nurmagomedov-confirms-april/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

And there we have it from The Bear's Mouth it seems.

Is it worth joining in with the millions of comments saying the same thing that any fight/event should be postponed at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I await Dana calling him a pussy for doing the sensible thing.

I wonder how the UFC and their owners Endeavor are doing. The UFC trying so hard to keep events going points that a lot of cash may not be available.

- Endevour had to cancel their IPO after not getting favourable market signs
    - UFC had to shell out $300m to the celebrities/Endeavor that invested leaving them with $50m on hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

A sensible decision from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's mad seeing how hung up people are getting on a fight that was never going to happen.

No venue, coronavirus getting worse etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Going all Mike goldberg here but on 1st April 2018 and 1st April 2020 are 2 of the dates fights cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dana white apparently told him that where the was going to be.

Oh i get that, but with all that's going on, and things changing every day, he shouldn't have flown out so early.
    Now I don't blame Khabib for not wanting to fight, completely understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mind games against khabib are useless. Literally the more **** you talk , the more he smesh you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people,
    nod to McGregor there?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    - UFC had to shell out $300m to the celebrities/Endeavor that invested leaving them with $50m on hand
    They didn’t have to shell out money against their will.
    The decision to pay out a dividend is their own.

What do people think of Tony/gaethje for the belt?
    Will Dana go for it? Surely he must be pissed with khabib and he could punish him that way

What do people think of Tony/gaethje for the belt?
    Will Dana go for it? Surely he must be pissed with khabib and he could punish him that way
    What will he punish him for, exactly?

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    What will he punish him for, exactly?
    Seriously??

Messing up Dana's 5 attempt of making the khaby/Tony fight
    Im not saying he should be punished, I'm asking will dana look at it that way and strip him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement