Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

eagle eye wrote: »
    This applies to nearly every elite professional athlete.

Well yeah possibly, but come on. There's levels to this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    UFC running 25 Greatest Fights of All Time on the FightPass24/7 section, makes for good watching especially the odd one or two I haven't seen and in the absence of new events.

Is anyone still subscribing to Fight Pass and is it worth it?

I haven't in a couple of years but with all this isolation business I looked it up. €90 for the year now? Wasn't it €60 or €70 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is anyone still subscribing to Fight Pass and is it worth it?

I haven't in a couple of years but with all this isolation business I looked it up. €90 for the year now? Wasn't it €60 or €70 before?

£5.99 per month for me here in the North.

I find it worth it for the Prelims, Fight Library and other events like Combat Ju Jitsu and Submission Underground. It's worth it because, for me anyway, when I've access to good internet access at home, the streams are faultless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭cletus

Same as above for me. You get lots of good grappling, more MMA than you could watch (although a good portion of it is regional at best), back catalogues of most organisations, Glory kickboxing, and considering I don't have a paid TV subscription, I can get all non ppv main cards on it as well, by telling my computer I'm in Italy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,867 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Full card announced today for 249 apparently. Funny that Dana says this responding to a fake account.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1246955303326773249?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭robwen

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28998832/works-facility-ufc-249-closer-being-confirmed-once-all?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sources say it's looking like it will take place on the West Coast of the United States.
    Headlined by Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje, however, that fight isn't signed yet.
    It is also expected, that the UFC will hold multiple events over the coming weeks in this same new location. Following April 18, they have shows scheduled for April 25 and May 2 and UFC 250 on May 9. The organization has already begun working on filling up these cards with some of the same fights originally scheduled and new fights altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

robwen wrote: »
    https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28998832/works-facility-ufc-249-closer-being-confirmed-once-all?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sources say it's looking like it will take place on the West Coast of the United States.
    Headlined by Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje, however, that fight isn't signed yet.
    It is also expected, that the UFC will hold multiple events over the coming weeks in this same new location. Following April 18, they have shows scheduled for April 25 and May 2 and UFC 250 on May 9. The organization has already begun working on filling up these cards with some of the same fights originally scheduled and new fights altogether

When does Ramadan start? Khabib v McGregor mid/end of may??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When does Ramadan start? Khabib v McGregor mid/end of may??

Ramadan starts this month.

Mellor wrote: »

That's that idea scrapped so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Mellor wrote: »

He’s not the most active of fighters is he whether it’s due to Ramadan or injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

clsmooth wrote: »
    He’s not the most active of fighters is he whether it’s due to Ramadan or injuries.

Way more active than Mcgregor and Tony the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

ricero wrote: »

Him and Conor have the same amount of fights in the ufc, and he's in it one year longer. Considering Conor had 2 year, and 18 months, between his last fights, that's not saying much.

What time can we expect Dana's announcement on 249?

Not the fight we wanted but should still be a cracker! Hopefully then Conor to fight the winner and then winner of that to fight khabib after the summer.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1247244482363314176?s=19

Oh baby, we dont deserve this violence. Cant wait !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still can't see the event going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Still can't see the event going ahead.

Iv been saying this all along but Dana seems adamant that the next 4 events will be in this location on the west coast.

With the daily rate of new cases in the states it's mental of it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Chances of this fight actually happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »

Not really. All 3 guys (Conor, Khabib, Tony) average about 1 fight per year the last few years. Depending on where you draw the line, any could be top, but it's really marginal. None of the three any anywhere close to being active which many fighters hitting 3+ per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The full card has been revealed. I'd be amazed if this actually happens considering how bad things are projected to get still as if they weren't bad enough already but there are some potentially cracking fights here all the same.

Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje (Interim Lightweight Championship)
    Jessica Andrade vs Rose Namajunas (Women's Strawweight)
    Vincent Luque vs Niko Price (Welterweight)
    Jeremy Stephens vs Calvin Kattar (Featherweight)
    Francis Ngannou vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (Heavyweight)
    Uriah Hall vs Ronaldo Sauza (Middleweight)
    Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro (Heavyweight)
    Alexander Hernandez vs Omar Morales (Lightweight)
    Marlon Vera vs Ray Borg (Bantamweight)
    Michael Johnson vs Khama Worthy (Lightweight)
    Sijara Eubanks vs Sarah Moras (Women's Bantam weight)
    Sam Alvey vs Ryan Spann (Light Heavyweight)

Dunno if bull**** but I saw some suggestion that it's all going to take place on a private island somewhere and that fighters won't know location until they're flown there?!

Dunno if bull**** but I saw some suggestion that it's all going to take place on a private island somewhere and that fighters won't know location until they're flown there?!

That's for after the next 4 events, so Dana says anyway. He said the next 4 events are secured at this current unknown location however they are building infrastructure on some island to host events after that, that will enable them to bring in international fighters.

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/dana-white-reveals-deal-close-private-island-host-fights/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1247382362306084864?s=19

I think Dana has lost it entirely. A secret island for fights? Taking people to an unknown location without telling them where they're going? Is there a hospital on this island? Say someone breaks their arm or needs an MRI? What commission oversees this? Are they doing any drug testing?

MOOORRTAAAAALLL KOMBAAAAAATTTT

weemcd wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1247382362306084864?s=19

I think Dana has lost it entirely. A secret island for fights? Taking people to an unknown location without telling them where they're going? Is there a hospital on this island? Say someone breaks their arm or needs an MRI? What commission oversees this? Are they doing any drug testing?

My understanding is they will be overseeing it themselves like most international events which brings its own host of potential issues.

I completely agree and think he's lost it myself. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

I have decided to abandon my opposition to this on all ethical, moral and sporting grounds. I'm fully behind Dana on this from here on out.

Battle Royale, Hunger Games, Warrior, Fortnite etc. Roll in all up into one and make it happen, Dana!

If Dana can pull this off and actually has an island then he will go down as the goat promoter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How original of him, stealing almost the entire plot of the 2006 masterpiece of film, “DOA: Dead or Alive”, putting a bunch of fighters on an island to compete for a cash prize with nefarious intentions.

Don’t want to spoil that classic for anyone, but it doesn’t end well for Dana White. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement