Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'm interested in doing the. Any idea if the full card is being repeated on BT on Sunday? As there's no way I'll be staying up until 5am to watch it.

Usually any time between 9 and 11 in a sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Your man who owns BKFC announced Tyson's fighting Shannon Briggs

https://twitter.com/DavidFeldmanBK/status/1258410082460631041?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that is grim stuff.

Tyson must be skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I doubt they could afford Mike Tyson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

derfderf wrote: »
    I doubt they could afford Mike Tyson.

Mike wouldnt do it anyway. If he does come back itll be for a glorified light sparing exhibition.

xtal191 wrote: »

Thank God, It was very grim stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Does anyone know if they will be live streaming the weigh-ins as normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I just realised the ufc is back tomorrow night.

I ****ing love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

no event thread yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,637 ✭✭✭✭walshb

UFC 249 is behind closed doors, yes? Just that there has been so much on and off and on and off lately.....

I know BT Sports broadcasting it...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

walshb wrote: »
    UFC 249 is behind closed doors, yes? Just that there has been so much on and off and on and off lately.....

I know BT Sports broadcasting it...

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yes

Is it free view or do I need to subscribe to bt sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is it free view or do I need to subscribe to bt sports?

Sub

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The one thing that's bugging me is that the winner of Tony Vs Justin gets Khabib. Ferguson already earned that and it was supposed to happen. He should still be first up for a title fight regardless of the result of this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

eagle eye wrote: »
    The one thing that's bugging me is that the winner of Tony Vs Justin gets Khabib. Ferguson already earned that and it was supposed to happen. He should still be first up for a title fight regardless of the result of this fight.

It's a tough one but personally I don't agree. If you beat 'the next in line' then you become 'the next in line' in my opinion.

Tony knows the risks associated with taking this fight and is happy to plough on. Fair play to him. Many others (as Tyrone Woodly done) would sit it out waiting for the champ.

Whelo79 wrote:
    It's a tough one but personally I don't agree. If you beat 'the next in line' then you become 'the next in line' in my opinion.
    The next in line thing happens before you have a title fight to and it's a good system but that's not the case here.
    Gaethje is below McGregor and Poirier in the rankings and has lost to Dustin. No way he should be getting a title shot before one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Did anyone else like me pause their sky/BT subs a month ago? I still get all the stations even with the sub paused. I hope they don't cop on tomorrow night that there is an actual sporting event taking place..

Stephens missed weight by 5lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Huh?
    You think if Ferguson loses to Justin.
    He should still fight Khabib ahead of Justin (the interim champ).
    Surely you know that’s ridiculous.

• Advertisement

R.F. wrote:
    Did anyone else like me pause their sky/BT subs a month ago? I still get all the stations even with the sub paused. I hope they don't cop on tomorrow night that there is an actual sporting event taking place..
    I wouldn't like to be you tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I wouldn't like to be you tomorrow night.

Ok, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The next in line thing happens before you have a title fight to and it's a good system but that's not the case here.
    Gaethje is below McGregor and Poirier in the rankings and has lost to Dustin. No way he should be getting a title shot before one of those.

Poirier got his shot and lost.

R.F. wrote:
    Ok, care to elaborate?
    Sweating on if you'll be able to watch it.

Mellor wrote:
    Huh? You think if Ferguson loses to Justin. He should still fight Khabib ahead of Justin (the interim champ). Surely you know that’s ridiculous.

Normally I would agree with you but this is different. He earned the right, obviously Khabib has gone missing again. He deserves his title shot more than anybody. Even if Gaethje beats he is in my opinion less deserving of a title shot.
    I don't think he'll beat him anyways, Gaethje is the new Cowboy in my book, very good but just below the top table.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Normally I would agree with you but this is different. He earned the right, obviously Khabib has gone missing again. He deserves his title shot more than anybody. Even if Gaethje beats he is in my opinion less deserving of a title shot.
    I don't think he'll beat him anyways, Gaethje is the new Cowboy in my book, very good but just below the top table.
    He earned the right. Absolutely.
    And he had the option to sit and wait for the fight. Or get back in there, get paid, and fight for an interim. It’s one or the other. He can’t put it in the line and risk it at the same time.

I agree that Tony deserves it more than anyone right now, he is the clear No1. But by the same logic, if Justin beats him now, that’s bigger than other win in the division, including Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

R.F. wrote: »

Yes I paused it too. We still get them but just not paying as there is no live sport.

I suppose they could start charging now but hopefully they just meant that people will pay when the football is back on. Maybe its good that MMA isnt the main thing! They should be asleep when UFC is on so we hope its not noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Jeremy Stephens was a tad over weight! 4.5 lbs

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1258765776678465537?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Jeremy Stephens was a tad over weight! 4.5 lbs

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1258765776678465537?s=20

Always gets me when they try to lose the last several pounds by taking their shorts off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Still Ill wrote: »
    Always gets me when they try to lose the last several pounds by taking their shorts off
    The Piccolo method

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement