Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

paddy up in a few mins...this is so exciting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    paddy up in a few mins...this is so exciting :P

Can't stand him, did he just say "I'm not just the best lightweight in CW, i'm the best lightweight in the world" :pac::pac::pac:

what a helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Paddy Pimblet, 'I'm not just the best lightweight in Cage Warriors, I'm the best lightweight in the world'.

Has he even fought at lightweight yet?? Gas man!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't stand him, did he just say "I'm not just the best lightweight in CW, i'm the best lightweight in the world" :pac::pac::pac:

what a helmet

not one in a million he's one in a billion he says :pac:

i've 11/4 on his opponent so am quite hopeful with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

mailburner wrote: »

i've 11/4 on his opponent so am quite hopeful with that

Lovely sweep by him there. Now its a grappling match!

• Advertisement

That's a decent first round I had to say. Non stop.

great first round

****e...i was wrong :pac:

goodbye twenty euro

Beautiful sub!

Still way overated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

love paddy the baddy

• Advertisement

love paddy the baddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I slated Paddy's skills in the mma gambling thread and to be honest that performance didn't exactly blow me away either but he oozes charisma and there is a lack of young MMA fighters who do ooze charisma these days. Hopefully he improves and makes his way to the UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paddy got destroyed by Erosa but because his manager is the owner of the promotion and the person who hired and paid the judges, he got a win on the cards. CW is a farce of an organisation.

Looks like Till just confirmed he's going to be on the Dublin card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Looks like Till just confirmed he's going to be on the Dublin card.

That's kind of how I read it too - until they said about Chris fishgold Co headlining? Hardly...?

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's kind of how I read it too - until they said about Chris fishgold Co headlining? Hardly...?

No chance of that. Maybe Fishgold is going to move to the UFC but they were just talking about him and Pimblet being team mates and now both lightweights.

dulux99 wrote: »

They could put me co headlining and the sheep would sell buy all the tickets to sell it out.

If you'd said to me 5yrs ago that i wouldn't be interested in a UFC card on my doorstep then i'd have told you to give your head a wobble, now i just have zero interest in it, will be crazy prices, mad scramble for tickets and a card that's not worth the ticket price.

Coupled with all the idiots that will be going, the weeks of build up questions..."Is Conor fighting"

Rather stick a fork in me eye and i love the sport

scudzilla wrote: »
    They could put me co headlining and the sheep would sell buy all the tickets to sell it out.

If you'd said to me 5yrs ago that i wouldn't be interested in a UFC card on my doorstep then i'd have told you to give your head a wobble, now i just have zero interest in it, will be crazy prices, mad scramble for tickets and a card that's not worth the ticket price.

Coupled with all the idiots that will be going, the weeks of build up questions..."Is Conor fighting"

Rather stick a fork in me eye and i love the sport

This is the only way we get UFC cards coming to Ireland. A semi decent main event with maybe a good co main if we are lucky and then the rest full of local talent and journeymen.

It's either that or nothing. I'll be going, but I also go to a lot of cards in Ireland, BAMMA, Bellator, local promotions like Cage Legacy, Battlezone and Clan Wars or Akuma up north if I can.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    This is the only way we get UFC cards coming to Ireland. A semi decent main event with maybe a good co main if we are lucky and then the rest full of local talent and journeymen.

It's either that or nothing. I'll be going, but I also go to a lot of cards in Ireland, BAMMA, Bellator, local promotions like Cage Legacy, Battlezone and Clan Wars or Akuma up north if I can.

Sure, i'll go to the 'smaller' cards not a bother, much better bang for your buck

Paddy got destroyed by Erosa but because his manager is the owner of the promotion and the person who hired and paid the judges, he got a win on the cards. CW is a farce of an organisation.

It's not a proper Cage Warriors show without you pointing this out! Though I am just kidding around because you are probably right.

• Advertisement

Till vs Nelson at ufc Dublin by the sounds of it. I will go to that one.

A very enjoyable cage warriors card so far

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Where are people hearing the Till/Nelson rumours? I couldn't spot anything on their social media about it.

Also, what price range for tickets do you guys think we're looking at for this event? Never been before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Also, what price range for tickets do you guys think we're looking at for this event? Never been before.

It'll probably be something like:

€50
    €100
    €125
    €150
    €200
    €250

There'll be about 3 tickets at €50 and little chance of €100's either.

Last time the only ones we could get were the €125's and we were well back, and this was with Fight Club pre-sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

pBNcEJT.png

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

:eek:

Colby is getting very boring now. Just over-the-top controversial stuff after over-the-top controversial stuff.

Paully D wrote: »
    Colby is getting very boring now. Just over-the-top controversial stuff after over-the-top controversial stuff.

Yeah there is a line between getting a good witty dig in to being just a plain arsehole. He tends to be the latter too much. He has the right idea trying to be a heel to get a bit of attention but ends up just being stupid

there can't be a bigger tool out there.

looking at the rankings I'm not sure he has the beating of anyone above or a few below him, reckon this might be the end of his run.
    I'd see the likes of usman taking cc without too much difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd love to see Till wreck him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement