Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Unless Dana sees no value in you, you will see out that contract. You don't have to fight he says but he'll starve you out eventually and you will have to accept his offer. If you have a multi fight contract you can't go anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You have to wonder are all these fighters talking to each other behind the scenes ,
    If you get a high number of popular fighters saying they are retiring then the pressure mounts on Dana to give them better deals ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Blaydes vs Volkov headlining the next Fight Night on the 20th June. Worth tuning in for in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Blaydes vs Volkov headlining the next Fight Night on the 20th June. Worth tuning in for in my opinion

Ye should be good, I'm picking blades. It's funny I give him a chance against anyone, even Stipe, but anytime he fights Ngannou its just not a contest. He has a great skill set to beat alot of people though.....except Ngannou apparently. Ngannou is like the wilder of the UFC, just unbelievable power who gets found out against the very best. In saying that though, MMA has so many variables that he could also land one stray punch on Stipe or DC and win so he's even more effective than Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

This weekend: https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-june-13-2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Looks we're getting DC vs. Stipe 3 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Looks we're getting DC vs. Stipe 3 after all.

DC did seem to think Stipe wanted it as well...he just seemed to be frustrated that Stipe wasn't giving an idea of when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ariel reporting that its looking like three title fights for the first fight island ppv card ufc 251 in july 11th.

Volkanoviski vs Holloway rematch

Usman vs Burns

Yan vs Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ricero wrote: »
    Ariel reporting that its looking like three title fights for the first fight island ppv card ufc 251 in july 11th.

Volkanoviski vs Holloway rematch

Usman vs Burns

Yan vs Aldo.

all 3 confirmed.

That is a killer lineup already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Stipe v DC confirmed. August 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

MrStuffins wrote: »

Excellent. Big fight. They could both retire after this.

MrStuffins wrote: »

Glad they got it done, stupid talk of stripping Stipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great thing for us also will be the fight island events will have reasonable times and not be on at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Let's go Rose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

ricero wrote: »
    Great thing for us also will be the fight island events will have reasonable times and not be on at 3am.

Where did you see this? I think it's going to be the usual time 3am irishtime

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You have to wonder are all these fighters talking to each other behind the scenes , If you get a high number of popular fighters saying they are retiring then the pressure mounts on Dana to give them better deals ,
    I'm sure they are in contact but they need a lot more of the big names on board. It's got to become a real concern for sponsors and Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

US2 wrote: »
    Where did you see this? I think it's going to be the usual time 3am irishtime

Yeah, I'd imagine they're still going to aim for their big market, and it's not like they don't have the "**** you, I'll do what I want money" to get around local restrictions.

`

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I thought Paige VanZant had packed it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Bit of an anticlimax that, exact same place as ufc 242.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I thought Paige VanZant had packed it in?

This is the last fight on her contract I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ASOT wrote: »
    Bit of an anticlimax that, exact same place as ufc 242.

In what way? It's an island that will have fights on it. What more was expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Yeah, I'd imagine they're still going to aim for their big market, and it's not like they don't have the "**** you, I'll do what I want money" to get around local restrictions.

`

3am here is 6am over there I believe? Would be tough I'd imagine to go starting a fight card at 1am local time. Saying that, Dana will follow the money and if that's the most profitable option then that's what will happen.

3am here is 6am over there I believe? Would be tough I'd imagine to go starting a fight card at 1am local time. Saying that, Dana will follow the money and if that's the most profitable option then that's what will happen.

It's been done in Europe before. Sweden I think and bispings fight in London against silva was 5am local time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

It's been done in Europe before. Sweden I think and bispings fight in London against silva was 5am local time

Yeah, and that was with an audience in attendance. They can do whatever they want behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

In what way? It's an island that will have fights on it. What more was expected?

They way Dana was going on I was expecting it to be something new, it's the exact same venue as the khabib/porier fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bisping vs Henderson 2 definitely was, I was over at that one. All nighter.

ASOT wrote: »
    They way Dana was going on I was expecting it to be something new, it's the exact same venue as the khabib/porier fight.

I dont think it is? He had to build a hotel, gyms, the actual venue. Its exactly what he said it would be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yeah I'm a little disappointed with fight Island. Not the line up but the island aspect is a little underwhelming. I was expecting a small island in the middle of nowhere, with the UFC actually building a landing strip and small venue etc. Yas Island is a well known venue hosting previous UFC events and F1 races.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement