Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous if that juice head is allowed back.

Essentially let him juice for UFC 200 in order to not have to pull another big fight off the card.

They have no shame at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If he does come back he still has to serve 6 remaining months on suspension once he enters the testing pool again. I'd say it's Dana trying to boost value for the TV deal and Brock trying to boost value for new WWE contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If he does come back he still has to serve 6 remaining months on suspension once he enters the testing pool again. I'd say it's Dana trying to boost value for the TV deal and Brock trying to boost value for new WWE contract.

That could be from now! They'll find a way. Dana couldn't care less about people on steroids. Jones will be back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Jones v Lesnar for International Fight Week

Probably the biggest fight in UFC history. If I gambled, I wouldn't be betting on either to win, but would bet on both to fail drugs tests.

All about USADA if it happens I suppose.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/24/17047510/ufc-dana-white-jon-jones-return-2018-usada-mma-news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Significant birthday just after Int Fight week, hmmm maybe go and see the battle of the riod ragers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Coincidentally the very first UFC card to be held in international waters

Co-Main of Vitor Belfort vs a Kangaroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Coincidentally the very first UFC card to be held in international waters

Co-Main of Vitor Belfort vs a Kangaroo

FLy8ZTJ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Part 1 of Jones new disciplinary saga concluded in California fined $205k, Licence revoked in California.

So they basically deferred the case to the hands of USADA which isn't worse case scenario another state may have stamped a ban period there and then which may have proved tricky to not take into account when being sanctioned down the line.

In a quick summary of him at the trial...started off his spouting the usual want to be a role model, cant believe I ended up here doing everything in power to change...he didn't knowingly do this...said he "wasn't a cheater science has been kicking me in the ass" :pac:...

He was completely flustered when asked about USUADA tutorials (had to do these as part of his failure last time (UFC200)) to which he said he had no recollection of doing being as honest as he could, the griller was confused "You signed documents saying you did". Jones suggested his management signed them for him, forging the documents. :eek:

Cool behind the scenes look at the UFC Performance Institute here, with the Director of Strength and Conditioning:

• Advertisement

Will Edgar v Ortega be a 5 round fight?

Will Edgar v Ortega be a 5 round fight?

No sadly not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Part 1 of Jones new disciplinary saga concluded in California fined $205k, Licence revoked in California.

So they basically deferred the case to the hands of USADA which isn't worse case scenario another state may have stamped a ban period there and then which may have proved tricky to not take into account when being sanctioned down the line.

In a quick summary of him at the trial...started off his spouting the usual want to be a role model, cant believe I ended up here doing everything in power to change...he didn't knowingly do this...said he "wasn't a cheater science has been kicking me in the ass" :pac:...

He was completely flustered when asked about USUADA tutorials (had to do these as part of his failure last time (UFC200)) to which he said he had no recollection of doing being as honest as he could, the griller was confused "You signed documents saying you did". Jones suggested his management signed them for him, forging the documents. :eek:
    There was also this from Executive Officer Andy Foster

"This makes no sense for him to take this drug on a test that he knows is coming,” Foster said. “That doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever.” Foster later added: “I want to be very clear that I do not believe that we should end Mr. Jones’s career today. But I do believe he should sit out for a while. He’s already sat out a good while. I guarantee you he’s already missed a fight or two that he could have made money on, I guarantee it.
    “I think we should revoke his license. That’s what my recommendation is. I don’t think Mr. Jones gets to be a professional mixed martial artist right now. That’s what I believe. Let him deal with USADA, let USADA give their discipline, whatever it’s going to be. When that’s completed, I would be inclined to support Mr. Jones’s application to return to this commission and get his license back.”

So he believes the guy with previous history of steroid use and who can't say after 7-8 months how the steroid got into his system. Essentially Jon Jones said "you have to believe me even though I have no proof of innocence" and your man did! I guarantee he gets a light punishment from USADA now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Usada will probably leave him with the ban he has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Paully D wrote: »
    Cool behind the scenes look at the UFC Performance Institute here, with the Director of Strength and Conditioning:

I enjoyed that a lot. I'm graduating with a sport science degree this year so restless right up my street. I'd live to get the visit the performance institute some day and it would be an ultimate dream to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,271 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cliggg wrote: »
    So he believes the guy with previous history of steroid use and who can't say after 7-8 months how the steroid got into his system. Essentially Jon Jones said "you have to believe me even though I have no proof of innocence" and your man did! I guarantee he gets a light punishment from USADA now.
    Devils advocate here.
    But it's entirely reasonable for somebody who accidentally ingested a steroid to have no clue how it happened imo. People who micarulously figure out that their dinner last week was tainted are much more suspect.
    Look at it this way, it your doctor told you that you had a steroid in your system. Would you know how it got there?

I'm not saying I believe Jones. I just think pleading ignorance is better than rolling out some bullshït source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Someone spiked his cocaine with creatine which was tainted with steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Lukker- wrote: »
    Someone spiked his cocaine with creatine which was tainted with steroids.

Ah Rogan reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ah Rogan reasoning.

This made me lol

Rogan is some arsehole when it comes to defending his favourites. His bias holds no bounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Either Jones is the unluckiest athlete in history with not one but two failed drugs tests that weren't his fault OR to borrow a phrase from Mark Hunt he's a juicy little slut. I know which one I'd be backing if my life depended on it.

• Advertisement

Jon Jones should be given the 4 year ban. End of story.

If he was say unranked Joe Soap his career would be over and rightly so.

Yet you have Novitsky a month ago on Rogan’s podcast all but saying that he’s going to get minimal punishment which tells you all you need to know.

His defence is basically “I have nothing concrete, but I’m telling you the truth so please, you’ve got to believe me”.

Pathetic.

His defence is basically “I have nothing concrete, but I’m telling you the truth so please, you’ve got to believe me”.

Pathetic.

One of the stupidest was him touching in with... I haven't tested for steroids in my UFC career...Guy at hearing something to the degree of please don't tell me that's some sort of case for defence here...:pac: or the line...“You can call me many things. You can call me a party boy, wild child, knucklehead…but a cheater is something I will never admit to,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yet you have Novitsky a month ago on Rogan’s podcast all but saying that he’s going to get minimal punishment which tells you all you need to know.

Pathetic.

I'm a hypocrite. I really, really don't want JJ to get the 4 year ban but I can't disagree with any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hunto was right all along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mellor wrote: »
    Devils advocate here.
    But it's entirely reasonable for somebody who accidentally ingested a steroid to have no clue how it happened imo. People who micarulously figure out that their dinner last week was tainted are much more suspect.
    Look at it this way, it your doctor told you that you had a steroid in your system. Would you know how it got there?

I'm not saying I believe Jones. I just think pleading ignorance is better than rolling out some bullshït source.
    I think if my doctor told me I had a steroid in my system and I had history with "accidentally" taking steroids I would probably just say I took steroids. Obviously JJ won't say that because of self preservation but that is clearly what has happened here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Pathetic.

But thats the thing, his defence being so pathetic is what makes is so compelling.

Listened to his rogan podcast and didnt believe any of the ****e he spouted about being a changed man regarding his extra curricular behaviour, but I do believe he didn't knowingly take PEDs (or at least the one he flagged for). The timeline just makes no sense.

cliggg wrote: »
    I think if my doctor told me I had a steroid in my system and I had history with "accidentally" taking steroids I would probably just say I took steroids. Obviously JJ won't say that because of self preservation but that is clearly what has happened here.
    You're basically saying "if I took steroids I'd admit it" which wasn't the point I made. FWIW Jones didn't accidently take a steroid last time.

I'm not saying I believe him. I'm saying I see the logic to this angle over whipping out half a snickers tainted with turinabol.

How exactly would turinabol turn up in a professional sportmans blood? What could they be taking where it may turn up by accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Nal wrote: »
    How exactly would turinabol turn up in a professional sportmans blood? What could they be taking where it may turn up by accident?

Cocaine cut with creatine with it in it

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

There was a Japanese Athlete who was banned for 8 years last month. He didn't test positive. He spiked a rival's water bottle with a steroid. The other guy popped last year and had no way of explaining how it got into his system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement