Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I get why he posted the comment to be fair, Abubakar was making a joke about the Coronavirus in his post (which he has since deleted obviously), I know if one of my family members was sick due to a disease/virus/whatever I wouldn't go on social media making a joke of the same thing that has made them sick. His comment was brutal but the post shouldn't have gone up in the first place.

Anyway that's neither here nor there, Abdulmanap seemed to do alot of good things, may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Was weird that they were making a joke about corona while Abdulmanap had it alright but Conor didn't have to say anything

xtal191 wrote: »
    Was weird that they were making a joke about corona while Abdulmanap had it alright but Conor didn't have to say anything

Completely agree but I can see why he would think it wasnt legit for that reason. Especially since Abubakar was essentially a son to Abdulmanap as he's raised him since he was little. The whole situation was bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

ricero wrote: »
    Show a bit of class and respect. No need for such comments yet.

Its an MMA forum not the obituaries. Am I not allowed talk about a possible upcoming fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

US2 wrote: »
    Its an MMA forum not the obituaries. Am I not allowed talk about a possible upcoming fight

spot on, that very well maybe the fight that gets made. Khabib may not fight now till 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

US2 wrote: »

exactly what I was thinking gaethje v conor

Nothing wrong with your comments at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Shocking news to hear, RIP.

Indeed, 57 is fcukng young

RIP

Burns has tested positive for Corona

Fights off

Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

ASOT wrote: »
    Burns has tested positive for Corona

Fights off

Grrrrr

Colby stepping in? Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

bmcc10 wrote: »

I'd like to see it again, they may just scrap the WW fight completely though as it's so close.

A couple have tested positive from that gym.

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »

I'd like to see it again, they may just scrap the WW fight completely though as it's so close.

A couple have tested positive from that gym (burns gym). Wonder if any other fighters have been in contact with him/them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Pity Jorge isn't training, he'd have real leverage to jump in at such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

At least there's two more title fights to fall back on. It's a strong enough card as it is. Still a pity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That was the best fight on the card.

eagle eye wrote: »
    That was the best fight on the card.

I think Burns had a really good chance of winning that fight too.
    I wonder how soon could they reschedule.

Absolutely gutted, love watching burns.
    He doesn't do bad fights, takes more risks than
    Most in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can’t see Usman agreeing to that, doesn’t seem like the type to take such a risk.

Would love to be proven wrong though of course.

robwen wrote: »

In his last Instagram post, it looks like he was out having a big steak dinner, therefore I'd be concerned about his weight, hasn't fought in 8 months, maybe a catchweight can be agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Esse85 wrote: »
    In his last Instagram post, it looks like he was out having a big steak dinner, therefore I'd be concerned about his weight, hasn't fought in 8 months, maybe a catchweight can be agreed.

Wouldn't be much point in a catch-weight fight for him. He already couldn't negotiate a title fight

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be much point in a catch-weight fight for him. He already couldn't negotiate a title fight

He's got far better negotiation power now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can’t see Usman agreeing to that, doesn’t seem like the type to take such a risk.

Would love to be proven wrong though of course.

A much easier fight for him than Burns imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

xtal191 wrote: »
    A much easier fight for him than Burns imo

That might be the case, but it’s not the opponent he trained for. It’s not a risk I expect Usman to take, but as I said, I’d love to be wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Esse85 wrote: »

Wouldn't be a title fight then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hopefully it happens, Usman destroys him and we can move on from this cringing BMF nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Nal wrote: »
    Hopefully it happens, Usman destroys him and we can move on from this cringing BMF nonsense.

He must be the most over rated fighter in the UFC, Usman will walk through him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JJayoo wrote: »
    He must be the most over rated fighter in the UFC, Usman will walk through him

Or Jorge pulls off a big KO and Conor gets first dibs at the ww/bmf title fight. Big money show!!

Lots of hurdles between now and the weekend but would love to see it coming together.

• Advertisement

think usman will win by pts if it does happen, masvida might nick a round

certainly an easier fight that burns, cc and the likes

some part of me wanted cc to get another shot and I don't exactly
    like the guy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement