Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Till is not remotely likeable imo.
    Comes across as a knob

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

smilerf wrote: »
    Comes across as a knob

yep 100% agree

He's about as unlikeable as a guy could be and the more
    success he'll have the more unlikeable he'll be in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Comes across as a knob

Exactly and when a guy is defending and praising his best buddy Daniel Kinahan I think it says a lot about his moral compass, complete ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Comes across as a knob

The world wide MMA community overall clearly don't share your opinion.

He's a saint in comparison to someone else who gets talked about a lot on here.

Esse85 wrote: »

Give him time!

If he achieves even close to the same level of fame he may
    not be far away but to be fair he'll still probably be a saint in comparison (I did like that fighter once though and he was at least likeable)

• Advertisement

really OK so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Till wins it. I think his style is less tiring and he'll be strong for the full five rounds. He has the big shots too.
    Whittaker is a busier type of fight but it'll be hard for him to get near Till who has great footwork.
    As regards whether Toll is likeable or not I'd have to say he comes across as decent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Will be interesting to see if Till can keep it standing .I'd be surprised if he can tbh , think Whittaker is a lot more well rounded with good wrestling, and won't get sucked into a point style fight like Gastelum did , I can see him mixing it up and getting a few takedowns. Predicting a GNP stoppage for Whittaker.

I think if it turns into a firefight it'll suit whittaker in a big way but till seems to
    be improving and fighting a bit smarter so could well get it done late or on points.
    I haven't a clue who'll win tbh

really looking forward to how whittaker approaches this fight though.
    I would love to see him win this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Whittaker is going to destroy Till I reckon. It's a huge step up for Till his only 2 significant wins really are still only Cowboy and Gastelum who has lost 4 of his last 6 and his style suited Till down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Till wins it. I think his style is less tiring and he'll be strong for the full five rounds. He has the big shots too.
    Whittaker is a busier type of fight but it'll be hard for him to get near Till who has great footwork.
    As regards whether Toll is likeable or not I'd have to say he comes across as decent to me.

Rob has the cardio to push Till for the 5 rounds, it'll be interesting to see how he deals with that. I reckon Rob will try win on the ground as they're both very, very good strikers.

neal v magny targetted for aug

so neal finally gets an opponent, fair play to magny for taking that one

mailburner wrote: »
    neal v magny targetted for aug

so neal finally gets an opponent, fair play to magny for taking that one
    magney is very underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Very much so. If you look at his UFC losses he's only ever beaten by elite level fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

USADAs gonna break down Juniors door like a swat team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEq8a4pd3V/?igshid=14isjwfhhpi8q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ASOT wrote: »
    USADAs gonna break down Juniors door like a swat team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEq8a4pd3V/?igshid=14isjwfhhpi8q

Jesus, he's never been in that type of shape! He must have made use of some weights routine while he couldn't get to an MMA gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus, he's never been in that type of shape! He must have made use of some weights routine while he couldn't get to an MMA gym.

Mmm hmmm, yea, let’s go with that

He's beaten guys I thought he couldn't beat too with the win against
    Lombard the one I got the greatest pleasure watching

I think Neal is going to be top 5 very soon and in a year or two top 3 and maybe even a shot at the belt
    The division is so stacked it's hard to be over confident though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,327 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »

He's definitely made use of the benefits of social distancing and isolation anyway.

Looks like Mike Perry could be under more scrutiny https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKkliYlutR/?igshid=1hrdjw678siuh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Looks like Mike Perry could be under more scrutiny https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKkliYlutR/?igshid=1hrdjw678siuh

Why oh why could we never get the fight against Till. Double knockout being cheered in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/khabib-nurmagomedov-justin-gaethje-october-24-dana-white

Dana says the GOAT is fighting Gathje on oct 24th and I 100% belive everything Dana says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shes as bad as him by all accounts.

I think it was Diego Sanchez and a few others that trained with Mike that said she was a bunny boiler and nutjob.

He has just put up a post saying him and the new girlfriend are expecting a son.

ASOT wrote: »
    He has just put up a post saying him and the new girlfriend are expecting a son.

Is Darren Till the father?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ricero wrote: »
    Shes as bad as him by all accounts.

I think it was Diego Sanchez and a few others that trained with Mike that said she was a bunny boiler and nutjob.

Youo know things are bad when Diego calls you a nutjob.

Khabib v Justin official for October 24.
    dashoonage wrote: »
    https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/khabib-nurmagomedov-justin-gaethje-october-24-dana-white

Dana says the GOAT is fighting Gathje on oct 24th and I 100% belive everything Dana says.

Official now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

https://www.mmanews.com/khamzat-chimaev-says-he-traveled-to-ireland-in-hopes-of-fighting-conor-mcgregor/

Anyone see this chimaev makes it out that he was John Rambo going to Ireland to batter Conor.

When in reality im sure SBG paid his flight and accommodation to spar Conor before the Khabib fight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Didnt you read about what happened in Nice (France) a few weeks ago?

Not sure if this is really true or not, but I could believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Didnt you read about what happened in Nice (France) a few weeks ago?

Not sure if this is really true or not, but I could believe it.

? What

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement