Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mellor wrote: »
    There was a Japanese Athlete who was banned for 8 years last month. He didn't test positive. He spiked a rival's water bottle with a steroid. The other guy popped last year and had no way of explaining how it got into his system.

So basically some very unlikely freak occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This guy is very good when it comes to anything to do with anti-doping. He reckons Jones may well get the 4 years :eek:

https://twitter.com/mmatodaynews/status/968999241841561601?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If they have any credibility he'll get minimum 2 years and really it should be 4 if the letter of the law if followed. Anything less and it shows USADA are just shills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Paully D wrote: »
    This guy is very good when it comes to anything to do with anti-doping. He reckons Jones may well get the 4 years :eek:

Hopefully hes right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some news from the mma hour tonight. Rockhold saying the ufc are in talks to book him vs bisping in the triology fight for international fight week.

Also GSP wants to fight again to secure his legacy. Pushing for a fight with Ben Askren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

very interesting article. i think allot of people are dreaming that he will fight this year but i simply dont see it.

regardless of if there wasn't enough in his system to be an advantage over DC he was still responsible for what he put in his system.

the most believable reason i heard was he was doing coke and it was tainted with steroids.

realistically he was suspended once for doping he should of been extra careful about everything.

i think he is a waste of natural talent and should get 4 years just for not been careful about what he took but this is just my opinion and what do i know!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,271 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    the most believable reason i heard was he was doing coke and it was tainted with steroids.

I hope that's a typo and you meant least believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Brian Ortega gets the shot at Max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ricero wrote: »
    Some news from the mma hour tonight. Rockhold saying the ufc are in talks to book him vs bisping in the triology fight for international fight week.

Also GSP wants to fight again to secure his legacy. Pushing for a fight with Ben Askren

Bisping would be a lunatic to take that fight, especially at 205. I highly doubt he'd ever take it tbh. How can it get any better for him? He sparked rockhold in the first round and won the title. You could never improve on that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dulux99 wrote: »
    Bisping would be a lunatic to take that fight, especially at 205. I highly doubt he'd ever take it tbh. How can it get any better for him? He sparked rockhold in the first round and won the title. You could never improve on that.

Why would it be at 205?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Why would it be at 205?

Because that's what Rockhold said on the MMA hour, that the bisping trilogy fight @ 205lbs was being discussed.

Plus bisping said the following on his own podcast

“If that motherf**ker wants to throw down at 205, yeah, we can entertain that, buddy,” Bisping said, speaking recently on his podcast Believe You Me. “I’ve got no problem knocking you out again.

“I exposed Luke Rockhold. I knocked him out. David Branch nearly knocked him out. Yoel knocked him out. I quite literally took his soul, so if he wants me to do it again, that is one that would stoke the fires so to speak. … I’ll fight him at 205, I’ll fight him at 185. I’m not bothered. That’s if I’m gonna fight again, if the deal is right. Fortunately now, I’m in a good place.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I hope that's a typo and you meant least believable.

why is it not believable?

they tested 14 supplements and found nothing in them.

he is not going to say he was doing coke in a hearing!

so he had no other explanation other than he didnt do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭cletus

I think the actual theory was that the coke he was doing was cut with creatine, and that the creation was manufactured in a plant that also produced steroids. The creatine batch was contaminated, which led to his coke being contaminated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

cletus wrote: »
    I think the actual theory was that the coke he was doing was cut with creatine, and that the creation was manufactured in a plant that also produced steroids. The creatine batch was contaminated, which led to his coke being contaminated

Would that small of an amount really show up though?

Just curious, like trace amounts of steroids into the creatine from the same factory then a tiny amount of the creatine used by some dealer to cut up his cocaine?

Has it ever been proved?

Would that small of an amount really show up though?

Just curious, like trace amounts of steroids into the creatine from the same factory then a tiny amount of the creatine used by some dealer to cut up his cocaine?

Has it ever been proved?

Like I said, thats the working theory as far as I know. Personally, I think it sounds like bullshït

Lads, how do you watch the main cards of UFC events on Fight Pass 48 hours after the event?

I've tried to watch UFC 222 but it's still saying blackout, as is UFC 221 which was a month ago! They're supposed to be available 48 hours after the event, aren't they? :confused:

Like I said, thats the working theory as far as I know. Personally, I think it sounds like bullshït

When you say "thats the working theory", do you mean Rogan said that when he was higher than an airplane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Lads, how do you watch the main cards of UFC events on Fight Pass 48 hours after the event?

I've tried to watch UFC 222 but it's still saying blackout, as is UFC 221 which was a month ago! They're supposed to be available 48 hours after the event, aren't they? :confused:
    I get an email off them after 48 hours after every ppv saying it's now available to watch but it never is. It usaully takes a week or so. It is on 3e tonight at 11 if that's any use to you.

When you say "thats the working theory", do you mean Rogan said that when he was higher than an airplane?

Yep, in fact its the only place I heard it. Like I said, sounds like total horse shït to me, but its what was being postulated

• Registered Users Posts: 39,271 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not believable because the cartels who produce cocaine don't produce steroids on the side. How could cocaine get tainted by steroids?
    Cocaine being cut with creatine is not unbelievable. Fine, white, tasteless powder - I can see soon goon trying to get extra profit by using creatine.

But creatine tainted by steroids? Not believing it. Creatine is a routine supp, and cheap. It's not produced in underground labs that make black market steroids.

• Advertisement

cliggg wrote: »
    I get an email off them after 48 hours after every ppv saying it's now available to watch but it never is. It usaully takes a week or so. It is on 3e tonight at 11 if that's any use to you.

Cheers mate.

I spoke to UFC Support via email about this and they said there’s a section for International Replays which is where we need to go to get past the blackout.

If you Google “UFC 222 (or whatever number you’re looking for) International Replay Fight Pass” it will guide you to it. You can then choose to view in the web browser or the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Creatine is actually a popular cutting agent for coke. You'd want to be fair unlucky to have your coke cut with contaminated creatine though.

It's not believable because the cartels who produce cocaine don't produce steroids on the side. How could cocaine get tainted by steroids?

Cocaine being cut with creatine is not unbelievable. Fine, white, tasteless powder - I can see soon goon trying to get extra profit by using creatine.

But creatine tainted by steroids? Not believing it. Creatine is a routine supp, and cheap. It's not produced in underground labs that make black market steroids.

Don't believe it myself, but Joe Rogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ricero wrote: »
    big test for Blaydes

Can he pass the Overeem glassjaw invitational?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

She must hang out with the Diaz brothers!

https://twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/971506812959772682

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mr. Faber won’t be pleased with that news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Can he pass the Overeem glassjaw invitational?
    Glass jaw he may have, but he's well aware these days and doesn't rush in jaw first anymore.

Very dangerous striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Glass jaw he may have, but he's well aware these days and doesn't rush in jaw first anymore.

Very dangerous striker

Francis Ngannou says hello ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement