Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The potential Poirier v Ferguson fight at UFC 254 is off. UFC couldnt agree terms with Poirier.

Dustin is playing hard ball I'd say. About time too. He deserves a bigger payday. I reckon they will get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dustin is playing hard ball I'd say. About time too. He deserves a bigger payday. I reckon they will get it sorted.

Is there anyone they could get to step in ?

I see Conor was USADA tested on his Yacht this morning so much for being retired, He wont be fighting nay time soon but he obviously still In the pool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Is there anyone they could get to step in ?

I see Conor was USADA tested on his Yacht this morning so much for being retired, He wont be fighting nay time soon but he obviously still In the pool

Tony vs Hooker is a fight I'd like to see. Both coming off losses and both just there in the Top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Rightly so, he always puts on a great showing, he deserves to be paid well for it.

More fighters that start playing hardball for more money the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Rightly so, he always puts on a great showing, he deserves to be paid well for it.

More fighters that start playing hardball for more money the better.

Dustin is well paid. UFC pays better than boxing. Besides boxing champions.

Biggest fight of the year was fury v Wilder, how much did the co main get paid, 5k! Porrier is very well paid without ever having a belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

US2 wrote: »

Biggest fight of the year was fury v Wilder, how much did the co main get paid, 5k! Porrier is very well paid without ever having a belt.

Nobody got 5k in the co main of either Fury/Wilder fight stop peddling nosense.

MMA fighters are vastly underpaid compared to other sports based on the amount of revenue they generate and the cut they get.

If Dustin doesn't feel the money's right then fair play to him, he puts on a show and deserves to be paid. The more fighters that realize that the better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

5k? I think your calculator is broken.

Add another ~ 250k onto that.

Charles Martin and Gerald Washington got 250/275

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Gaethje attended an indoor Trump rally last night along with Ali and Cejudo

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1305272608271642624

Got a shout out from Trump

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1305362682392920064

Let's hope he doesn't get Covid and ruin the Khabib fight

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No one fights for 5k at this level!
    They got Charles Martin ($250,000) vs. Gerald Washington ($275,000)

Ferguson is a savage, you might beat him but he will put you through a war. It's a fight you have to get paid well for.
    For the hooker fight he got $150k/$150K, if they aren't offering him much more than that, he would be right to turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

rob316 wrote: »
    No one fights for 5k at this level!
    They got Charles Martin ($250,000) vs. Gerald Washington ($275,000)

Ferguson is a savage, you might beat him but he will put you through a war. It's a fight you have to get paid well for.
    For the hooker fight he got $150k/$150K, if they aren't offering him much more than that, he would be right to turn it down.

I agree completely. Poirier is a world champion calibre fighter. UFC Champs make 500k flat with no win bonus. No reason for Poirier to chase 200k show money at least and possibly 200k win as well. He's about as good a non belt holder as the UFC have.

Given how Bisping and DC have mentioned previously how their loyalty and longevity with the company was rewarded throughout their careers, it doesn't surprise me to see DP try be viewed the same

• Advertisement

Artem has signed with some French promotion for a fight on December 20th. In the announcement they also stated he was on team Faber on the ultimate fighter so I have high hopes for the promotion :pac:

Rhys McKee has signed a fight contract. Will be interesting to see who he got

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Great sub, but Ed Ruth showed terrible awareness. Had lots of opportunity to escape the leg lock before it was on. Would have expected more considering his wrestling credentials and now actively competes in gi jiu jitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

with lockdown going on ive had a bit of time to make some MMA/BJJ content on YT lately. Hope you enjoy it and would appreciate any feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Please tell me this isn't a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Edit: looks like he got it on the way over to Ireland and quarantined before he started camp.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1306299325123907585?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Edit: looks like he got it on the way over to Ireland and quarantined before he started camp.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1306299325123907585?s=19

He has been in Ireland a good while at least 4 weeks +

The godfather of MMA Coach Kavanagh will probably blame it on them staying in a motel and not the Wynn he is used to with Conor

His girlfriend is from Belfast he's been here months.

Bravetv.com showing live MMA at the moment, Brave 41. Cian Cowley fighting in the next half hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

xtal191 wrote: »

One of my favourite fighters but don't see him cutting it against Khabib or Justin. Would love to see him against McGregor but Conor would be running scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Homelander

Never thought I would see Chandler in UFC, amazing. Can't wait for his first fight.

Wonder how USADA is gonna pan out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Homelander wrote: »
    Never thought I would see Chandler in UFC, amazing. Can't wait for his first fight.

Wonder how USADA is gonna pan out....

Seen a suggestion fly by on this weekends Fight Night Press Conference.

Michael Chandler vs Al Iaquinta would be a showstopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

so many great match ups for chandler so it'll be interesting who he gets first

barboza, hooker. oliveira would love to see him fight any of these

Khabib v Gaethje is on BT PPV

Usually I'd think it'd do terrible but with it being on a t a normal hour it might sell decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

ASOT wrote: »
    Khabib v Gaethje is on BT PPV

Usually I'd think it'd do terrible but with it being on a t a normal hour it might sell decent.

Has it been confirmed as PPV, I can't find it? great its on from 7pm, id say its to tap into the russian market

I can't believe it's a 7pm main card. Early prelims starting at 3.15. That's savage.

Hopefully will be able to purchase this online without a BT Sports subscription now!

• Advertisement

fitzparker wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed as PPV, I can't find it? great its on from 7pm, id say its to tap into the russian market

Yeah it's on all there promotion material released yesterday.

Yeah you'd imagine they might do ok due to the early time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement