Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

If any of you are fans of Felony Charles Bennett, aka Krazy Horse, what was initially going to be a quick highlight reel video i was making about him turned into a 25 min long deep dive on his career, the wanderlei beef, and his failure to live up to his potential

Bit of a niche fighter to make such a long video about but hey, its covid era baby, im bored!

One of the most interesting characters in MMA. The ODB of Martial Arts. I'll definitely watch this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

weemcd wrote: »
    One of the most interesting characters in MMA. The ODB of Martial Arts. I'll definitely watch this. Thanks.

Yeah, hes a fascinating fighter. On one hand hes a terrible human being with a string of actual felonies, on the other hes impossible not to like, a charismatic, insanely gifted fighter who just never made it in the big leagues because of his self sabotaging ways. Hope you enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cody out due to a torn bicep.

Alex Perez stepping in, this fight makes much more sense anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Love him or hate him, excellent performance from James Gallagher on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

James is grand, it's that poxy budget McGregor persona he uses that pisses people off.
    He's actually reasonably sound when he's not doing the above.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    James is grand, it's that poxy budget McGregor persona he uses that pisses people off.
    He's actually reasonably sound when he's not doing the above.

It wouldnt even be so bad if he didnt go and get a budget version of mcgregors tattoo across his chest and all too. He just tries too hard and its sad, as the kid is talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So betfair says the Khabib fight is at 10pm on Saturday 23rd October?? Surely that not right. Fight is usually at 6am. Betfair usually get the time right too. Checked Paddy power and they are saying the same thing. I realise PP own betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

3.15pm prelims, 7pm main card. It's an early Christmas present from the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Isn't the 23rd a Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

robwen wrote: »
    Isn't the 23rd a Friday

Yup. Fight is 24th/25th (depending on timezone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I see Till has called out Chimaev if he beats Hermansson.Wouldnt mind seeing that one.
    https://talksport.com/sport/mma/772088/darren-till-khamzat-chimaev-yoel-romero-israel-adesanya-beautiful/

edit

wrong thread

Yan v Sterling confirmed as co main for December 12th. That should be a great fight, one I've been waiting to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Yan v Sterling confirmed as co main for December 12th. That should be a great fight, one I've been waiting to be made.

If Stirling doesn't win it'll be a long long time before he gets another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

US2 wrote: »
    If Stirling doesn't win it'll be a long long time before he gets another shot.

Sure..... isn't that what it normally should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Beersmith wrote: »
    Sure..... isn't that what it normally should be?

Yes but Aldo getting a title shot is an example of how the things don't necessarily play out the way they should.

Rhys McKee v Alex Moreno confirmed for November 14th in Vegas. I'd really love to see Rhys get the win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Rhys McKee v Alex Moreno confirmed for November 14th in Vegas. I'd really love to see Rhys get the win here.

Its at Welterweight though. Wouldn't he be better suited to Lightweight?

(I don't know, I am just asking!)

Be great to see him win

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Be great to see him win

He deserves it after stepping into what he stepped into.

Hopefully he puts on a good performance!

Be great to see him win

I'd rather see him at lightweight but he reckons welterweight is his preferred weight class.

• Advertisement

Dana is sick. Breathless and coughing. Positive test soon

US2 wrote: »
    Dana is sick. Breathless and coughing. Positive test soon

Where are you seeing this? I watched the post weigh in interview yesterday and he seemed fine. He cleared his throat maybe twice in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is someone cutting onions in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Where are you seeing this? I watched the post weigh in interview yesterday and he seemed fine. He cleared his throat maybe twice in 10 minutes.

He hasnt been seen in public now since Friday..no post fight presser. Wasn't even on looking for a fight apart from old clips. He's riddled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Am I right in saying it is 25 Euros for Saturday night on BT??? Seems a lot to be honest - I’m only a very casual fan....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That's a fairly normal price for PPV.

US is around $60 for some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That's a fairly normal price for PPV.

US is around $60 for some things.

Fair enough! I didn’t think they could charge 25 here - like I was thinking there wouldn’t be enough interest in Ireland and they might put it on for free here....

I like the fact it is on at a reasonable time for once but bit much for me I think :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Trying to buy the PPV not on a sky box - i.e. I've an apple TV through Eir so I'll put the BT app on that, or just sign in via a browser and cast it to the TV

That said, I can't seem to purchase only loops around to a sign in page which is odd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement