Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

D'Agger wrote: »
    Trying to buy the PPV not on a sky box - i.e. I've an apple TV through Eir so I'll put the BT app on that, or just sign in via a browser and cast it to the TV

That said, I can't seem to purchase only loops around to a sign in page which is odd

I dont think it's possible to buy the ppv in Ireland unless it's on sky.

Sky humpin us like style bender on costa

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well fúck....you seem to be right though from looking again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fair enough! I didn’t think they could charge 25 here - like I was thinking there wouldn’t be enough interest in Ireland

To be honest, there isn't.

I think UFC think Khabib is some sort of superstar in Europe. I think this might confirm to them otherwise.

I have watched every scrap of MAN I could get my hands on for what seems like 100 years now and I wouldn't be paying £25 for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

MrStuffins wrote: »
    To be honest, there isn't.

I think UFC think Khabib is some sort of superstar in Europe. I think this might confirm to them otherwise.

I have watched every scrap of MAN I could get my hands on for what seems like 100 years now and I wouldn't be paying £25 for this

Cool....I wouldn’t mind seeing Chisora the following week either but again I think price is same...15 would seem more reasonable but as I said - very much a casual fan....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Isn't 25 the norm for PPV's in general, not even just MMA ones?

There are of course other ways to watch it if you really don't feel like paying for it, but we can't discuss those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Homelander

I mean €25 is fairly good value all things considered. With prelims, generally it's about 5 hours of entertainment.

€25 + €12 box of cans = good value and good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm not one bit happy this is PPV. Good card. I'll be watching as it's on at a decent time for once. Tho I'll have to try and get it on stream as BT are acting a bit fùckin rich for me. I kept BT Sport on for months when there was essentially no sport on TV at all. For the first time this year there's a card on at a normal hour and they're trying to gouge you for it. It spits in the face of any fan who stays up all night for fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Homelander wrote: »
    I mean €25 is fairly good value all things considered. With prelims, generally it's about 5 hours of entertainment.

€25 + €12 box of cans = good value and good time.

I agree simply because it's on a time that suits us here.

There's been many a ppv over the years I'd pay 25 for if it
    were on at a normal time.
    I've always envied the yanks being able to watch on a saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

weemcd wrote: »
    I'm not one bit happy this is PPV. Good card. I'll be watching as it's on at a decent time for once. Tho I'll have to try and get it on stream as BT are acting a bit fùckin rich for me. I kept BT Sport on for months when there was essentially no sport on TV at all. For the first time this year there's a card on at a normal hour and they're trying to gouge you for it. It spits in the face of any fan who stays up all night for fights.
    Can I borrow your sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

D'Agger wrote: »
    Can I borrow your sky box?

It's a Virgin Media box, but yeah work away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkHZfcDtpY
    Those Reaper hoodies for Whittaker are class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone got the over/under for how many times we hear that Gaethje was an All-American wrestler in a previous life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Homelander

Gamb!t wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkHZfcDtpY
    Those Reaper hoodies for Whittaker are class.

"And I believe, you know, outside Conor McGregor, he probably has the most toxic fans there are in the sport...they're absolutely ridiculous...I love how emotional they are, because when I knock him out, I know they're gonna cry, literal tears"

Aha, amazing. Even the way he says it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

$50 for every ppv for me. Main card starts between 12 -2 pm (depending on the time of year). I don't complain too much about that, but they're charging full price for this one too, and it starts at 5am. Definitely one to stream i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,389 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Homelander wrote:
    "And I believe, you know, outside Conor McGregor, he probably has the most toxic fans there are in the sport...they're absolutely ridiculous...I love how emotional they are, because when I knock him out, I know they're gonna cry, literal tears"
    Who said this, Gaethje?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who said this, Gaethje?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Is there an event thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is there an event thread?

Us Khabib fans are just planning to storm the McGregor thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

dashoonage wrote: »
    Us Khabib fans are just planning to storm the McGregor thread.

Armed with violent gifs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Interesting comments on the Ferguson Gaethe fight (3 mins).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chWBMxQnFTw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Would you believe Geathje has being doing this since he's 4 years old. Never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

US2 wrote: »
    Would you believe Geathje has being doing this since he's 4 years old. Never knew that.

It's not as long as it sounds.

With all those lumps to the mush he takes, he can't be much older than that mentally!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What time is the card starting over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What time is the card starting over here?

Prelims just after 3pm and main card 7pm :D

Prelims just after 3pm and main card 7pm :D

I understand main card starts at 7....Is there anything in UFC where like main fight can’t start before 9:00 or 9:30? Something like that? Similar to tennis maybe when they put out a schedule...Or does like each fight simply start after the previous one finished?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I understand main card starts at 7....Is there anything in UFC where like main fight can’t start before 9:00 or 9:30? Something like that? Similar to tennis maybe when they put out a schedule...Or does like each fight simply start after the previous one finished?

Thanks

No
    We've had cards from the likes of china and australia starting morning/afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Main event will be no earlier than 10pm.

US2 wrote: »
    Main event will be no earlier than 10pm.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I have Sky Sports and BT, BT mainly for UFC.

I don’t even mind too much paying PPV for 2-3 big cards per year.

The real scam is how 254 is £19.95 on BT in the UK but Sky are charging us €29.99. Some fcuking dodgy exchange rate they have going there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mdwexford wrote: »
    I have Sky Sports and BT, BT mainly for UFC.

I don’t even mind too much paying PPV for 2-3 big cards per year.

The real scam is how 254 is £19.95 on BT in the UK but Sky are charging us €29.99. Some fcuking dodgy exchange rate they have going there.

What I found weird was that when I went to book the fight on my girlfriends tv, it showed no prices and let me book the fight uninterrupted without any pin codes etc. Basically clicked a few buttons. My 6 year old could’ve done it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement