Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He got caught, it happens.
    That uppercut would have knocked an elephant out.

I imagine he'll be more cautious now after nearly being decapitated

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Tazzimus wrote: »
    He got caught, it happens.
    That uppercut would have knocked an elephant out.

I imagine he'll be more cautious now after nearly being decapitated

Didn't think I'd see a better uppercut for a good while and then Ortega goes and knocks Frankie into orbit :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Curtis Blades is no Ngannou. He nearly got stopped by a pensioner in his last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Blaydes' striking is terrible so if he can't get Overeem down we'll see Overeem going back to being cautious and outpointing him, maybe a late stoppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

nunes vs pennington confirmed at ufc 224 in brazil.

No cyborg v nunes superfight yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ricero wrote: »
    nunes vs pennington confirmed at ufc 224 in brazil.

No cyborg v nunes superfight yet.
    Man the 4 UFC events after the London show are looking fantastic on paper. I see Aldo is calling out Jeremy Stephens for 224, it probably won't happen that soon but that's a fight I'd like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

cliggg wrote: »
    Man the 4 UFC events after the London show are looking fantastic on paper. I see Aldo is calling out Jeremy Stephens for 224, it probably won't happen that soon but that's a fight I'd like to see.

that would be a fight i would like to watch. aldo needs a win after his double loss to halloway but i dont know if he could beat stephens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Aldo is just running down his contract I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost, even though technically he's head and shoulders above Stephens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lukker- wrote: »
    Aldo is just running down his contract I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost, even though technically he's head and shoulders above Stephens.

How or why do you think he's "running down his contract"? He fought for the title twice, lost both, now he's looking for an available contender to fight this summer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours that Romero v Whittaker is to be the main event of ufc 225

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

How or why do you think he's "running down his contract"? He fought for the title twice, lost both, now he's looking for an available contender to fight this summer..

Because he's asked for release before, said he wants to leave the UFC, said he wants to try boxing etc etc. I don't think he's really up for playing the gatekeeper role in the UFC. He know's he won't be champ again. He'll end up in Rizin or something

Stephens whoops Aldo if they fight I reckon. The usada era hasn't been kind to Jose. Doesn't help that he's fighting killers I guess but I think he just has too many miles on the clock at this stage either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Will Aldo either say or use a pic of "Who the fook is that guy" if they fight?!

I'd love to see Aldo's BJJ before he packs it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dannis' first MMA bout it confirmed for Bellator's Chicago event next month.

Opponent not confirmed but they have a strong lead on a PE teacher from Oregon who once went to the Team Quest gym to get a photo with Chael and Randy and wrestled for a year in highschool.

Seeing as what happened to Pico in his debut, surely Bellator will be taking no chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Seeing as what happened to Pico in his debut, surely Bellator will be taking no chances!

You're right, that PE teacher would be way too dangerous for them to risk.

A Bulgarian binman more likely than PE teacher

Can't wait to see which McGregor instagram post Danis steals next.

Pity it couldn't be CM Punk against Danis! That would be a ratings grabber!

Probably will be a guy who once put on a UFC t-shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dannis' first MMA bout it confirmed for Bellator's Chicago event next month.

Opponent not confirmed but they have a strong lead on a PE teacher from Oregon who once went to the Team Quest gym to get a photo with Chael and Randy and wrestled for a year in highschool.

There's a raffle in the crowd on the night to determine who fights him.

I see Tonon is making his debut soon. I'll be very interested to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone going over to the London event next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

:o bit cringe but tbh Perry needed better influence around him imo, so hope this marks the start of a successful new road :

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bit surprised to see people reckoning Stephens would school Aldo. I know MMA math doesn't always hold true but Aldo absolutely demolished Frankie, who in turn demolished Stephens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Amazingfun wrote: »
    :obit cringe but tbh Perry needed better influence around him imo, so hope this marks the start of a successful new road :

thats as real as it gets, those 2 are emotionally very intelligent. they obviously still have strong feelings for each other

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm guessing the long-time friend is CM Punk since he has a 'not officially announced yet' fight coming up in May and has been a regular on the show for years. Also how they get so many big names onto that show so often I don't know but it's very impressive all the same.

cliggg wrote: »
    I'm guessing the long-time friend is CM Punk since he has a 'not officially announced yet' fight coming up in May and has been a regular on the show for years. Also how they get so many big names onto that show so often I don't know but it's very impressive all the same.

I doubt it's hard for them at all, it's the biggest platform for fighters to be heard. I think a few even try get on it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Dillon Danis gets a lot of stick for his online persona but the chap has class jiujitsu. He'll cruise through his early MMA career with his jiujitsu alone, imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement