Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Has Dana not made this big announcement yet?

No.

Cool to see Puna win there. That was my ol mans nickname!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Has Dana not made this big announcement yet?

No, still waiting.....

Here we go

Sounds like khabib will be back.

That was a real dud of an announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

tenor.gif

If you didn't see it,

Nothing changes, He might come back but he might not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

****ing dana you troll 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah that was a nothing statement. Either Khabib doesn’t know what he wants to do, or Dana desperate to get him back for one more and putting ideas in his head to hold out and see how next week goes.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah that was a nothing statement. Either Khabib doesn’t know what he wants to do, or Dana desperate to get him back for one more and putting ideas in his head to hold out and see how next week goes.

No it wasn't. Someone wins convincingly next weekend then khabib will fight him. Conor wins then he fights conor. Not a hope he fights hooker or chandler.
    Conor just needs to do the business now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No it wasn't. Someone wins convincingly next weekend then khabib will fight him. Conor wins then he fights conor. Not a hope he fights hooker or chandler.
    Conor just needs to do the business now

Someone has to win “convincingly” to tempt him back, what sort of rubbish is that. He shouldn’t have said he was retiring if he didn’t mean it, especially after a brilliant performance like that.

Anyway, thought it was a meh announcement. Would love to see a rematch with Conor if he’s back to his best, looked like he didn’t want to be there first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Someone has to win “convincingly” to tempt him back, what sort of rubbish is that. He shouldn’t have said he was retiring if he didn’t mean it, especially after a brilliant performance like that.

Anyway, thought it was a meh announcement. Would love to see a rematch with Conor if he’s back to his best, looked like he didn’t want to be there first time around.

The thing is quite obvious basically saying if Conor wins in domination then Khabib will come back,

Its the only fight that would generate the cash and interest needed but people will only want to see it if Conor looks to have gone up another level ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Welcome to MMA retirements! Sure conor is on his 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

I'm subscribed to fight pass and the only option I get watch ppv is to get bt sport.
    I don't have sky.
    I tried using a VPN but it's not working on the app?
    I have no problems paying for ppv but don't no how

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Can I just purchase a one off PPV if I have a sky subscription, but not BT sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can I just purchase a one off PPV if I have a sky subscription, but not BT sports

Yeah, you can still order it from SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

is there anyway to legally watch the main card tonight without sky and without becoming captain hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    is there anyway to legally watch the main card tonight without sky and without becoming captain hook?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What channel are the first prelim fights on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

MattS1 wrote: »
    What channel are the first prelim fights on?

I'm watching them on Fox Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone know if you can buy and record the fight via Sky or do they still have this bollox where you can only watch a PPV live?

I'm working at 9 tomorrow but I was going to buy it, record it, and then get up about half 6 to watch it. Plenty of time with fast forwarding the filler.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No McGregor spoiler talk after the fight folks..keep it in the event thread for at least a day or two..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anybody recommend a good MMA podcast. Sick of Severe MMA, spend longer talking about manscaped than mma. I listen to The Bash already but want to get a few more in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anybody recommend a good MMA podcast. Sick of Severe MMA, spend longer talking about manscaped than mma. I listen to The Bash already but want to get a few more in

Weighin in with big John and Josh Thompson is the best around at the moment in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Try the MMA Opinion its new and Cork based

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

rob316 wrote: »

Its you isnt it? :pac:

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

rob316 wrote: »

Gonna give it a go too.

Another recommendation for Weighing In with Big John and Josh Thomson. Could listen to Big John for days and he has a great dynamic with Josh especially when some of Josh's fights that he reffed get brought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Another vote for big john/Josh
    Could listen to either for hours especially big john and neither are in the least bit irritating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

mailburner wrote: »

who has everyone got in this one? i know Ngannou has made massive improvements but you cant learn NCAA Division 1 wrestling. i see this going much like the first time

not sure i would class it as a podcast but i do terribly enjoy the DC and Helwani show every monday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement