Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Dillon Danis gets a lot of stick for his online persona but the chap has class jiujitsu. He'll cruise through his early MMA career with his jiujitsu alone, imo.

Of course he will. My jiu-jitsu (none) will probably get me through some of his opponents

• Registered Users Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Punk has confirmed hes fighting at UFC 225

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The Nal wrote: »
    Punk has confirmed hes fighting at UFC 225

Dont mind Punk....Ido Portal has announced he is training for MMA.....

The touch butt is coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Forgot about Danis lads, the real GOAT is making his MMA debut :

https://twitter.com/ido_portal_/status/973165768807473152

• Registered Users Posts: 39,271 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ido v CM Punk confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Not true thankfully. That would be a crazy decision for him to make. This is his real twitter account https://twitter.com/PortalIdo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

James Gallagher out of Bellator 196

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgPfdzhnjRH/

James Gallagher out of Bellator 196

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgPfdzhnjRH/

I think Gallagher copied & pasted an old McGregor post there and just put in a different picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

cliggg wrote: »
    I think he copied & pasted an old McGregor post there and just put in a different picture

Ha, it didn't embed properly.

strabanimalmma Want to say sorry to everyone who was tuning to watch me fight for this setback. I was at 100% healthy and ready to strangle everyone in this division once again, but I fractured my hand in an unlucky training accident. I stayed in the fight and would have done it with one hand easy, but unfortunately I couldn't get medically cleared and had to step out. Thanks to all of you for the ongoing support, and rest assured to the Jimmy Show will be back soon enough to clear out all of these bums. I'm going to be ready for #bellator200 in London in may. Who wants to see me on it ?

cliggg wrote: »
    I think Gallagher copied & pasted an old McGregor post there and just put in a different picture

I dont remember McGregor pulling out if a fight due to injury.
    He injured his hand before the Poirer fight. But fought anyway.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I dont remember McGregor pulling out if a fight due to injury.
    He injured his hand before the Poirer fight. But fought anyway.
    True but it was just a joke :)

Ah ok. I mean I wouldn't put the copy paste past him. But at the same time feel bad slagging him over a genuine injury. Belator 200 was a big spot for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He pulls out of two fights in a row and in his instagram post regarding those pull outs he talks about cleaning out his division. Hmm. Doesn't add up. He looks to be more of a sicknote than a division killer at the minute.

The aul "the doctors wouldn't clear me" excuse aswell eh. Whatever happened simply upgrading the software lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's looking like the May UFC Dublin card might be scrapped for Liverpool instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It's looking like the May UFC Dublin card might be scrapped for Liverpool instead.

Was never near getting set for Dublin

callaway92 wrote: »
    Was never near getting set for Dublin

Well it was reported by mmafighting which is the most reputable site out there, it can't have been a million miles off.

Either way I'm not dissapointed in that news. UFC Liverpool with Till and Pimblett fighting would be insane, similar to UFC Dublin with McGregor vs Brandao I reckon. Good excuse for a weekend away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I cant blame the ufc for moving the event to Liverpool especially if Till is to headline.

The atmosphere would be insane in the echo arena in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Danis gets a 2-4 guy for his debut.

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that he probably has no ground game and Danis gets the win by submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Paully D wrote: »

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that he probably has no ground game and Danis gets the win by submission.

That's not too shabby a record, I was expecting an 0-0 guy. I suspect you're right though. First round sub.

175lb catchweight too. Really easing him in nice and gently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Can't find anything about dublin card moving to London?

Can't find anything about dublin card moving to London?

It's Liverpool. Ariel Helwani wrote an article earlier, it's on mmafighting, and he mentions it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭cletus

So Mayweather rates himself in the top 30% of wrestlers. I would normally laugh at the idea of him fighting in mma, but its not yet 6 months since McGregor stepped into the boxing ring.

Thankfully he doesn't feel that his kicking is at Ramon Dekkers' level just yet...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/3/15/17124228/ufc-boxing-mma-news-interview-video-floyd-mayweather-tmz-fight-wrestling

Not gonna lie. I'd love a 5-10 minute, as many subs as possible match with Mayweather.
    Added bonus if it was $1k a sub (like Nick the Tooth and Joe Lauzon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Paully D wrote: »

What would you expect? It's a debut, I know he's a BJJ black belt etc. etc. but he has to start somewhere. It is a different sport after all.

I'd be less impressed if he fought someone who was 6-1 or something tbh, at least this shows he's not being too arrogant about it (even if he is marketing himself to be the next big thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I'd love a 5-10 minute, as many subs as possible match with Mayweather.
    Added bonus if it was $1k a sub (like Nick the Tooth and Joe Lauzon)

Is he allowed punch you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dublin got passed over for Till, wonder who he'll get.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/974689045384126464?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dublin got passed over for Till, wonder who he'll get.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/974689045384126464?s=19
    I'd imagine Gunni
    But I'd love if it was Pozzinibbio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Dublin getting passed over.....the Irish take over has failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement