Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hopefully Covington, but am expecting more of a showcase type fight against Gunni

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think I’ll go to that. Don’t watch on TV too much anymore but would like an excuse to go to Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is he allowed punch you?

Nope, not in a grappling match. He's the one that rated himself a 7/10.
    If he wants to make it MMA he'll have to talk to my people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor wrote: »
    Nope, not in a grappling match. He's the one that rated himself a 7/10.
    If he wants to make it MMA he'll have to talk to my people.
    posture-and-pass-the-guard-go-for-the-heel-hook.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

How cringey is Gareth Davies in these pics

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/975134115845541888

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How cringey is Gareth Davies in these pics

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/975134115845541888

He's no Tony

Tony-McGregor-Feature-VIP1-696x503.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Gareth A Davies is a f*cking dweeb. Admittedly i was after a few jars but I tried striking up a conversation with him in Las Vegas and he was an absolute prick. I've never really had a negative experience with any mma related person apart from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

low res poorly cropped photos as a header/cover photo irritate me, i wonder if he had passion for the sport of mma in the beginning or just saw it as an easy job opportunity at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paddy Pimblett on the MMA Hour tomorrow in studio.
    I'd say he's announcing he's signed with either Bellator or the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paddy Pimblett on the MMA Hour tomorrow in studio.
    I'd say he's announcing he's signed with either Bellator or the UFC.

Reckon it will be with the ufc and his debut will be in may on the Till card in Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Do you all think Pimblett is that good? Not saying he is rubbish but I don't see a world beater when I look at him. Maybe I am wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pimblett was clearly beaten by Erosa and that decision is one of the worst I have ever seen. I’m sure being managed by the Cage Warriors owner had nothing at all to do with the result however :rolleyes: That conflict of interest is a complete joke and should not be allowed.

Narimani then dominated him for 5 rounds.

He’s extremely average IMO. Even if he improves massively, I don’t see how he ever troubles the rankings in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Do you all think Pimblett is that good? Not saying he is rubbish but I don't see a world beater when I look at him. Maybe I am wrong though

I think he's not great.

The guy is only 24 years of age but his ja jitsu and grappling is very good. Needs to work on his stand up but he has such raw potential he could do very well for himself. Was very impressed with his comeback fight a couple of weeks ago.

even if you love or hate the guy you have to admit he has fantastic heart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ricero wrote: »
    even if you love or hate the guy you have to admit he has fantastic heart

That's irrelevant to the question asked though. I just don't think he's that good.

Assuming he has signed/will sign with the UFC, it'll presumably be as a featherweight?

Oh and that’s not to mention the several issues he has had with weight-cutting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fairly stacked MMA hour tomorrow with the likes of Pimblet, Dani's, Hollaway. It's a pity I can't stand Ariel and can't watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The guy is only 24 years of age but his ja jitsu and grappling is very good.

He's probably a decent purple belt. Which is good jiu jitsu on CW cards in the UK. When we're talking about UFC level competition however, it'd be pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Fairly stacked MMA hour tomorrow with the likes of Pimblet, Dani's, Hollaway. It's a pity I can't stand Ariel and can't watch.

Dana? Is that you?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dana? Is that you?

**** **** you ****ing **** it's not ****ing me you ****ing ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Dana? Is that you?

Dana can't stand Ariel. If it was promoted by Dana...Ariel would be insta-sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Anybody know if a start time for Liverpool has been announced yet? Ive seen it will be aired live on FS1 so im wondering if it will be another Manchester 3am job?

rogieop wrote: »
    Anybody know if a start time for Liverpool has been announced yet? Ive seen it will be aired live on FS1 so im wondering if it will be another Manchester 3am job?

Nothing confirmed re: the time yet, but that Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK.

While I don't think they'll do it with it not being a PPV, given the Bank Holiday it probably couldn't be ruled out at the moment.

I'd say a 90% chance it'll be the standard 11pm-11:30pm UK finish time.

Saw a couple of interesting stats online:

- Underdogs are 7-2 in UFC main events this year

- Paul Craig was the largest underdog to win a UFC fight since Bisping beat Rockhold almost 2 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Paully D wrote: »
    Saw a couple of interesting stats online:

- Underdogs are 7-2 in UFC main events this year

- Paul Craig was the largest underdog to win a UFC fight since Bisping beat Rockhold almost 2 years ago!

The guard is definitely changing. Though not a gambling man I've spotted a few dogs that were well worth the punt. Magney beating Condit springs to mind (might have been last year.)

I see mayweather has applied for an mma licence.

I think its all a spoof and he is just keeping his name in the headlines and helping the ufc in the negotiation table for a new tv deal.

I see mayweather has applied for an mma licence.

I think its all a spoof and he is just keeping his name in the headlines and helping the ufc in the negotiation table for a new tv deal.

You probably said something very similar when McGregor applied for the boxing license. This fight isn't something I want to see, but it's going to happen .

You probably said something very similar when McGregor applied for the boxing license. This fight isn't something I want to see, but it's going to happen .

I don’t know.

With the boxing, Conor didn’t really have anything to lose as he had already been beaten and whereas everyone knows Floyd would be submitted within 30 seconds here, a large part of Floyd’s legacy comes down to the unbeaten record and the allure that comes with same. Even though it’s a different sport, people will always say “well he lost to McGregor” and the images of him going to sleep or tapping, when all is said and done.

I guess it all just really depends how he’s looking financially.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I don’t know.

With the boxing, Conor didn’t really have anything to lose as he had already been beaten and whereas everyone knows Floyd would be submitted within 30 seconds here, a large part of Floyd’s legacy comes down to the unbeaten record and the allure that comes with same. Even though it’s a different sport, people will always say “well he lost to McGregor” and the images of him going to sleep or tapping, when all is said and done.

I guess it all just really depends how he’s looking financially.

I think this fight brings in more viewers and money than the boxing match. Its less of a circus too. May weather is going to get his head kicked in . I'm 99.9% sure he loses by ko something no one has seen and would love to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement